Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

SpazmasterX posted:

Follow him on facebook. Every couple days when he has some spare time he holds a little contest where he'll call the first person to post their phone number.

I am unfortunately at work anytime he does this much to my irritation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I love the idea of a man binging through 50 episodes of a Japanese toy commercial because it's literally his job, his face growing grimmer by the hour as he slowly realizes that they spaceships aren't going to go to space and the timeships aren't going to travel through time.

Or the second space show has absolutely nothing to do with space.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

jivjov posted:

I saw a picture of him holding his old White Ranger helmet too, so maybe he'll trot out all 5 of his Ranger power sets.

He said on his facebook that he is doing cameos as both the Green and White rangers. The other three though I have my doubts.

LividLiquid posted:

All these years, and they still can't get the Dragon Shield right for the American version.

It is still better then what they had for when they filmed Mighty Morphin. This one at least looks solid.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

the Turbo powers run off the Zeo crystals

I don't think that is right. During "Chase into Space" when Eltar was being attacked Justin said that that was the source of the Turbo powers.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Agent Rush posted:

Are they seriously planning to put the Megaforce rangers in the Gokaiger's civilian outfits? That's not quite stupid enough to wrap back around to awesome.

No, it is just a photoshop. The Troy with Marvelous' body has been around for a while. They just stuck the poster part on since the poster was recently reveled.

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jun 19, 2013

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Well, Kim hosed off to France to study ballet and live with her mom and step-dad who was an evil french cat monster with a beret and baguette, I think.

I think.

Nope, it was to Florida to train for some global gymnast thing. Though her mom did move to France and it was a plot for all of one episode on if she would have to go and give up her Ranger power. It was of course resolved with Aisha's family let Kim stay with them for all of a few months before running off to Florida and completely ruining her motivation for staying in the first place.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

:stare:

You... you looked that up on RangerWiki, right?

Nope, I never saw the original airing so my exposure to this plot was recently with the DVDs. I was pissed off that Kim was so worried about have to move and give up being a ranger, then she just blows off all the sacrifices made for her to stay to go gently caress off to Florida.

actually I just have that much random Ranger knowledge in my head

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 24, 2013

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
August 28th. Today is official the 20th Anniversary.

EDIT: I'm going to leave this here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYEDOUBlFQQ

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Aug 28, 2013

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Box of Bunnies posted:

The best thing about his Ninja Storm videos wasn't even "why are the ninjas doing ninja things?", but his complete inability to understand young adults being into motocross.

I thought his rant was about the logistics of how a "high school" student is able to afford and maintain an active hobby like participating in motocross that is very expensive. though I suppose having a job at a place that supports that kind of hobby helps.

I also broke down and bought a TOQ brace and TOQ-oh

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Dr Tran posted:

Also, the Saban Wild Force rangers don't have claws.

Actually they did but it usually only showed up in the roll call

in fact right in the first episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g67t9tB5MUI

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

I have seriously been :spergin:-mad about this since Wild Force, dead certain for years that the Zeo Crystal was just shoved into being the power source for the Turbo stuff. Now you come here, on this day, and you tell me my laser-focused rage has been for naught?

Curses.

The finale of Turbo had Justin point out that Eltar was the source of their power. When that fell, so did the Turbo powers.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Sockser posted:

These are really nice looking figures, does anyone know what they are so I can go buy them?

Those are the S.H. Figuart line

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Ken actually used a pair of Knuckle Braces to transform as well. The SaiBlade was just his personal weapon. The only Gekiranger with a unique morpher was Gou, with his GongChanger or whatever it was called.

I never watched Jungle Fury, so I don't know if they randomly decided the killy-fist-thing was a changer or not.

No Ken used the the Saiblade to morph. The knuckle braces were used basically as hammerspace to store all there suits and weapons.

http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Strongest_Henshin_Hand-Blade_SaiBlade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M098i8xEyJg

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I get the hate with TVN, but I have a problem with AEsir's Gaim sub, mostly how they are translating the Professor's name.

They translate his last name to Warring instead of keeping it Sengoku. I can get translating the Driver name and then doing the same to his to keep it consistent for the plot but most of the time and and watching and it just irritates me they translated his name.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Morby posted:

I wish I could track down a Dekaranger morpher for less than $100.

Are any of you guys going to Morphicon by any chance? My girlfriend is, and the guest list includes Austin St. John, Anna Hutchison (Lily from Jungle Fury), and David de Lateur (RJ from Jungle Fury) will be there and the current Megaforce/Super Megaforce team. I wanna say Walter Jones might be going as well, but I'd have to double check. Basically I am gonna end up giving her a bunch of cash to get autographs since I can't take off work to go out to LA.

I'm going. I'm registered as Platinum

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

If anyone's debating on going to Power Morphicon this year, you really, really should go.

I am really hoping for a photo op with all three: Austin, Steve and Yuuta

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Wild Force has always been one of my favorite themes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGJ6Y91VrrA

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

greatn posted:

Alpha's a robot, robots can't be racist. Just because he uses a particular Edonoian dialect, you guys.

On the plus side Turbo has the first black man to be leader of the power rangers. How many have their been... 2? Him and the SPD guy?

3 Tj (Red Turbo), Jack (Red SPD) and Scott (Red RPM)

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Ninjasaurus posted:

What happened to his brother?

I don't think it's ever been publicly stated according to the last time he posted about his brother.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Liar Lyre posted:

I hope his death wasn't the reason for him not being in Power Rangers beyond Zeo.

his brother's death happened just before Thuy Trang's death in 2001. He was well done with PR before it happened.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Hello everyone, I am reporting back from Power Morphicon. The Weekend was a blast.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Liar Lyre posted:

Did you see this guy? (from the PYF Cosplay thread)

yes I did, that was an awesome cosplay.

I on the other hand am very cheap and went with a hat, shirt and morpher

EX: Yuuta and me

Austin and me

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Here have one more picture from the con:

He was in full make up and costume all three days. "No Clowning Around" was one of the episodes that was part of the initial VHS releases of the show plus most of later VHS releases of the show so the episode was oen of my favorites as a kid. It was awesome to actually meet the guy.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
So apparently I can't watch the latest episode on Nick's site, because it is locked behind needing a TV Provider account, no of which is ether Xfinity or Comcast. Wow Nick, way to cut of a chuck of your online viewing audience directly at your site, at least it is free on hulu for now.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Solaris Knight posted:

If they do Gobus, they better keep J intact.

J is the new Alpha

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Solaris Knight posted:

the three dead dinos.

Two dead dinos (Dragon Ranger and Abarikiller) and one time traveler (Time Fire)

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Pyroi posted:

There is also a dead bird.

he got him

Solaris Knight posted:

THe ghosts are Rio, Mele, Gai, and the three dead dinos.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Power Ranger GBS
Watch out for the Goon Squad.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Yeah that is the official box art. No release date yet. I fell though they should have switch the the positions of the the big "Super Sentai" and the Screens and "Zyuranger Complete Series" Zyu on top Sentai on the bottom.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
BTW while doing a stream the other day starting with X-men Mutant Apocalypse, I started going through and reading all the different realities that existed in the Marvel universe (read those which were dumb/weird/etc.) I came across this:

http://marvel.wikia.com/Earth-79203

sentai is a apparently a part of the Marvel universe.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Wait, is the mentor that lady that gave the crystal thing? or is she just an assistant to the mentor? It'd be sick as hell to have a female mentor.

Probably just the assistant and the one who ends up as the Violet Ranger eventually.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
In case anyone is interested: Tickets to the 2016 Power Morphicon are now on sale.

https://register.growtix.com/e/power_morphicon_2016

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Cliff Racer posted:

Why would a real actor sign on to a tv show for six year olds? Especially one where the pay is poo poo and you have to be in New Zealand for the filming, which involves more running around in front of timed explosions than actual acting?

Time force was Pre-NZ

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

jivjov posted:

I'd be willing to bet the MSRP of this thing that green and white will be a separate pack like the morpher.

I'm willing to bet holding down a button will make it play the MMPR theme like EVERY drat ROLE-PLAY TOY IN THIS LINE

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

mateo360 posted:

I'm willing to bet holding down a button will make it play the MMPR theme like EVERY drat ROLE-PLAY TOY IN THIS LINE

I loving CALLED IT

https://twitter.com/Odot92/status/652176056833679360

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Dr Tran posted:

Go-Onger had 5 as well. Boukenger could do 5. After Kakuranger, I'm at a loss.

Go-Onger only had 4 (No I'm not forgetting the movie mecha, but they weren't available to the heroes in the series)

Boukenger only had 3.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Brother Entropy posted:

i thought skipping toqger was part of that 'moving to netflix' rumor that ended up being false

we won't really know until about summer or Power Morphicon at the latest.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

MadScientistWorking posted:

What the hell happened between Megaforce and Dino Charge that the show quality skyrocketed?

Chip Lynn happened

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
GekiViolet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!