Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

One of these things is not like the other :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The COP testing was actually something i was going to ask about here seeing as I've seen multiple companies offering 8 packs for under 200 bucks. Seeing if it was a preventative measure worth investing in. As far as the bleeding, I've never had to do anything special to any cars using our shops pressure bleeder, but I'll check the computer tomorrow for if theres a nonstandard proceedure.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I just checked our computer, and it lists that you can bleed it using the Ford scan tool, a pressure bleeder, or even the good old manual pump pump squirt. With or without ABS, any method is fine according to our system.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

cbx posted:

2) My Check Engine light was off until I replaced the broken fuel cap with a Murray Ultra replacement. Now the light stays on, and flashes at me once I top 70. Also related, I get some hesitating and shaking at times with very light acceleration between 30 and 42 MPH. If I accelerate like a grown man, I never feel it.

I'm taking it in at the end of the week for an oil change and inspection, I'm gonna get the OBDII code(s) too, so I have a better clue of what's going on. Other than that, anyone have any ideas?

A flashing check engine light I was told only comes on during a catalyst damaging event, such as a severe misfire. Have you checked the plugs and coils at all? I was getting a very minor amount of stumbling in mine and you can see up a few posts what I pulled out.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I think the misfire is the stumbling you're talking about and its at high load (Freeway) that its becoming more pronounced. Check the plugs at least if you have a 7mm socket for the coils and a long extension+ 5/8" spark plug socket.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Elephanthead posted:

I don't think cop cars fall under epa testing requirements. Do you even have a cat?

I'm pretty sure these are cats, but some could be resonators. Honestly just kind of assumed they were catted. Dual pipes though :whatup:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Boba_Fettish posted:

The entire time I lived in Seattle I've only seen one of those in that color privately owned. (probably a different year, but looked drat close) And I really really wanted it. I've always wanted a retired crown vic for some reason, but I just really like the SPD blue.

They're available, theres a lot on Aurora between 90th and 100th thats got a few of them in SPD blue but all the other ones I've seen are in the 2800-3k range. I think I stole it, considering I was 1400 out the door with tax title and all included

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Actually, with how bad my joints are aching in the morning, and being 6'2, I'm kind of finding that I like the whole seating position and the whole "all this poo poo works properly" part of it. Also it's my first V8 and I finally know what it feels like to be a man.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I know Ive mentioned it already but I really, really like the soft purposeful burble of a V8 cruising.

Also, when heading to lunch I saw the dude in front of me look in his rear view, have a definite oh poo poo flinch, and throw what appeared to be a lit joint out his window. Which is confusing on several levels if you think about it. Pot's legal here, I mean, sure not for driving with but if anything that littering is all the excuse I'd have needed to light him up. Also, seattle cop cars still mostly seem to use the gigantic light bars, its pretty distinctive.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I just had a cop wave at me on a country backroad out past Olympia. poo poo's awesome.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Delivery McGee posted:

14", have you noticed any craziness with the wiring yet? Mine was competently returned to stock when it was sold out of service, but I've heard horror stories of retired city cop cars with quick and dirty equipment installation/removal jobs. Like the one guy whose dome light comes on when he hits the horn button.

Nothing works incorrectly but I've got gigantic harnesses out the rear end going to nowhere in the trunk and under the dash. Anyone know if Carfax works on retired cruisers for shits and giggles?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
That was kinda cool, my drivers door has always took a little bit of shouldering to get it to open or close, very heavy action. I just put a block of wood and a floor jack under it, and after a shot or two I got the door swinging and shutting the way it was meant to be.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
My coils were bolted on with a single 7mm bolt each. A quarter drive and about 3" of extension cleared the fuel rail perfectly. Might as well pull the plug with the coil if you've got about 8" of extension and a 5/8" spark plug socket to check it.

E: STR on my Vic all 8 plugs were accessible with almost zero effort. Pull the plastic cover and the intake boot, and that was it.

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Mar 18, 2013

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
This just started parking on the street :tinfoil:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
That white P71 came into my shop today for an alignment. It's a Colorado car, 1999. One spot light, cruise control, carpet, and cloth back seat. Nifty.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'll be ohming out mine too, I just did an Olympia run and netted 20mpg round trip freeway. I mean I know its not a civic but I've read people getting mid 20s up to a high of 28 so figured it'd be something to look into.

Also, what's the general consensus on fully synthetic oil? There's a few regulars at the shop who run full synth in their mustangs, and I've never had a car new enough to bother looking into it.

E: also wasnt me in Everett, I get thursday fridays off.

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Mar 20, 2013

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

leica posted:

Thanks for the info, I'm surprised I haven't heard about these on CV.net.

14 inch, maybe you should start putting info like that in the OP since it's a megathread now.

I've been having serious connectivity issues with my laptop but was just thinking about that yesterday actually. Soon as I can get off my phone and get this piece of poo poo online again I was going to. Also what are the best resource links/online parts places?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Just double checked my door sticker and I've got the Z5 3.27 non locker rear end. Also I just noticed the P71 in the VIN :3:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
That took long enough :buddy:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Cruisin' while awesome :hellyeah:

Also a verbal warning about tint limits, I'm like one degree below normal. They were checking the car out already when I was at the pawn shop and decided to light me up on leaving.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

some texas redneck posted:

:doh:

Usually tint shops will tell you if you're going too dark, won't they? Every one I've been to did, anyway.

There may have been something mentioned at the time :v: but seriously, the difference on the wall looked a lot more blatent. The 25% looked really light and the 20 looked dark but not too dark, so I went with the 20 until I saw it on the car and realised it was pretty dark.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I just got a proper wheel for mine, I can attest to the offsets being wrong. It visually looks off and has been bugging me.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Here's a shot between whatever rim I had before and the proper rim. I don't know what it came off of other than its a Ford 5 lug and 16". I did get it from the CV graveyard.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Laptops finally up and running so I'll be making a better op. in the mean time does anyone know if the cv steering wheel needs a puller to remove? I want to replace my funky wheel on friday when i get paid.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
EBay has some nice looking center consoles but I can't attest to the quality, its been on my mind too.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm 6'2'' and can adjust the seat far back enough that its physically difficult to drive and still have room for someone behind me.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Just crested 1,000 trouble free miles in the cop car. Its, uh...a wierd feeling for me.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm assuming it will work just fine but nice to know ahead of time. Will spare tire hold down equipment from the aero cars work on the whale body style? I can't imagine that being something that changed just because. Also how/where do you stow the tools and jack normally, I didn't see anything obvious in my trunk.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Also I found one of those rare sho center consoles at pick n pull.

:(

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Get one from the Lynnwood pick n pull. That console wasn't yanked, it was kicked apart. There were foot marks on it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Turtle Wax headlight kits on sale hell yeah.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Thats odd, Ive had good results with it in the past. Course then again Ive never really kept a car that long...

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Allrighty, I finally got my laptop working proper again so that means I'm finally fixing the OP! But while I'm typing that up, today's updates. I made it out to Pick n Pull again and snagged the little widget for my gas door to stay shut and also a CV jack. I looked at how it was mounted in the CV I pulled it from and checked mine, and I simply don't have the thing that it mounts on. So I'll have to make some sort of cheapy hold down. Also I forget if I mentioned it but I got a cupholder too out of a Taxi the other day. Works great.

Also, washed it today.

And then drove it out to Mt. Ranier because why the gently caress not?

I'm gonna stay here when my girlfriend comes into town, the rooms are converted train cars and they're really reasonably priced I think ($115-130/night)

Still a ton of snow on the ground up there. Also, just looking at the mountain doesn't really make you understand just how loving HUGE it is. It dominates the skyline from Tacoma, and it's still 50 miles away at that point.

There's still another ten miles up the road to get to the visitor's center at this point.

SNOOOOOW

Visitor's center, finally.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

two forty posted:

I like that 14 Inch Private Dick is still running the plates that were on the car when he bought it.

I have a temp permit in the rear and no rear plate, my new ones are in the mail supposedly and I was just being lazy in pulling off the voided front plate :geno:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm gonna have to politely ask for pictures (for my erection).

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
OP is updated, and I've put in a request to make the thread title reflect its megathread status a little better if Iowncalculus approves.

ALSO WHERE ARE THE MARAUDER PICTURES

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I took it as he meant that it wasn't like an ultimateforce project because he COULD afford it :v:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Cut it out Seattle :psyduck:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Time to start a fleet :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Town car with the 2.72 Rear end, why bother with the difficulty of adapting a rare FWD engine into a car that's already pretty well sorted.