Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Part of me is sad that you did not buy the v8 swapped xj12, but this should be pretty awesome.

I have been tempted for a while to retire my e30 from DD duty and pick up a crown vic....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

14 INCH GRANDPA posted:

I was thinking 14 INCH DRAG QUEEN but really that's a discussion for the off topic thread.

I do know of a pretty awesome drag brunch in seattle....

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

wolrah posted:

Supercharging is a lot simpler. From time to time kits have been available, though I'm not sure if that's currently the case, and in general stuff designed for equivalent Mustangs can be adapted with relative ease.

This got me curious so I went looking. From one of the links in the new OP

ADTR supercharger system (2003+ Panthers)

From the page:

quote:

ADTR's 2004 CVPI put down 361 rear wheel horsepower and 365 rear wheel torque on 8 pounds of boost through a stock bottom end and stock transmission. Car was tuned on 91 octane and has Stainless Works full header/catback system.

Not sure how I feel about those numbers for a $5,400 kit, but it is a complete setup that can bolt right in......

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Looks like I now have a better reason to trade my E30 318i for a panther. It looks like I am going to be moving up to shoreline, which is going to make my commute a bit longer to downtown seattle(granted only a couple miles, but it will change from 99/surface streets to i5), so its time to buy something that is better for sitting in the AWESOME seattle traffic, so why not a p71! Been watching cl for them, and keep seeing cars posted by this guy

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ctd/3756326145.html

That is the nicest looking one that he has posted right now. It seems like just a guy who got a dealers license and buys ex-cop cars from auction and resells them. Am I right in thinking I want a 2003+ year?

Then theres this one, about the same price, few more miles, but a 06

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/3746095094.html

I do really like the gold/silver color, trying to stay away from black/white/SPD blue, but I dont care that much.

What should I be on the look out for? I have pretty much no experience with american cars(but plenty of japanese/euro cars). 14" which shady car lot did you pick yours up from? If I found something, is there a way I could bring it to the shop you work at for a PPI(or just bring it to you after hours which would prolly mean more cash for you)?

And for the selling out by getting rid of a e30, I still have a st165 alltrac celica that needs attention. I am hoping that a reliable DD will give me more time/money to spend on it.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

kastein posted:

Hell with that, I own my second and last Cherokee, aside from the parts cars that keep showing up once in a while :colbert:

I just keep trying to convince everyone else to get them too.

because of your thread and another one, I have also thought of getting a commanche. Not what I need as a DD, but still thinking of getting one just to have a truck around.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Holdbrooks posted:

Cross post fror the AI image thread, but why do I want to ruin everything I own?

This is the exact car that makes me want to get a p71 and put air-ride on it so I can have it look like that.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Holdbrooks posted:

Yep, when I crash the truck I will be swapping the turbo ls and and bagging the p71. Also I drove its again today for the first time in a week, and its still awesome. I really like it since I got the ceramic tint installed, now it's like driving a couch in a walk in fridge.

Tomorrow I hope to install the new radio, keyless entry/remote start, and new steering wheel with controls. Then it will be a proper DD.

I think that car might have a static drop, only cause I think my cousin knows the owner of the car and bagged cars aren't as "hardcore" as just dropped cars, which I dont get. Either way, are p71's easy to bag? I have never come close to trying something like that and am curious how much work would be involved. Would it be a ful custom setup or can you buy kits for it?

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

So what are the main differences a Crown Vic sport and a Police Interceptor? Besides the nicer interior and floor shifter, are there many big differences? I only ask cause I found this....

Crown Victoria Sport all black 2001 - $2500 (Seattle)

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

leica posted:

All Sports have air ride in the rear and basically come fully loaded from the factory.

But they do not have the heavy duty upgrades that the P71's have like silicone hoses, bigger alternator, front springs, etc.

That's a pretty good price for a sport, too bad they swapped the 17" alloys for steelies :psypop:

I prefer the black steelies from the CVPI personally, so I would have probably done the same thing.

So it it already has the rear air ride, i would just have to remove the auto leveling part and make it manually controlled, then figure out how to bag the front......

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

They were all probably jealous of the tint on yours......

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

14 INCH DETECTIVE posted:

I came out of the 711 andthe and they were both checking out my car so I joked that theirs were a lot shinier than mine. So they began asking me questions about how much I got it for, SPECIFICALLY said the tint looked good, asked if it was just a security Vic but I pointed out where all the service equipment was removed. Talked to them for ten minutes or so, all in all these guys were pretty chill.

Despite all the trouble SPD has been in over the last couple of years, 90% of the SPD officers I have dealt with are super chill guys. Even when I got busted for weed(never arrested, just caught smoking, and before it was legalized) they were super nice and easy to deal with. The worst interaction I had was with the assistant chief of police for seattle, when he pulled me over, not for any driving infraction, just cause he didn't like how I was driving in a car "with his license plates". Apparently honking at a car who stopped in the middle of the block for no reason, multiple times, while driving a car with LEM plates was enough to piss him off.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

11BulletCatcher posted:

What is it? It looks, dare I say, FUN.

Rover SD1, featured in one of my favorite Top Gear cheap car challenge

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

I was thinking just keep parking in Belltown and let nature take its course.

I was gonna say I actually think it looks kinda cool. Granted I can never endorse going to belltown, gently caress that place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Shorty's Hot dogs on 2nd, if you haven't been.

Better than Po Dog's? Seems like a much closer option since they opened one up in ballard. Their deep fried danger dog is pretty amazing.

I had no idea that Shorty's even did hotdogs, I've only been there a few times to grab a drink while waiting for shows to start at the Rendezvous.