Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Noni posted:

God drat it. I want to see the comments. Here I am with a fresh gamers.txt document with nothing to paste in it.

Idiots are already ripping and rehosting it just to try and slam her/open comments, go find those. Also: if you actually want to see what's going to be said, enjoy being terrible (nothing funny will come out of it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Yo who wants a super-racist manga clone?

quote:

We are giant nerds. We go to anime conventions, watch anime, read manga, and cosplay. But even more than that, we want to contribute to the fandom that we love so much. We want to create, and we want to show the world what we've made. We want nothing more than to introduce the rest of the world to characters like Big Lips Dorothy, the trailer park ho, and Pimpsferatu, not to mention Shaniqua’s primary antagonist, The Vice Squad, as well as the evil, drug-abusing Gold Diggers syndicate, but right now, we’re stuck.

Meet Shaniqua No Ho.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Xandu posted:

I don't understand, what do they mean by episodes?

They want it to be episodic too! A few places on the site say all this money is just going into episode one.

So goddamn many red flags, I'm gonna be disappointed if this makes anything near what they ask.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

muscles like this? posted:

The real thing that killed the studio though was their lawsuit against Epic claiming that they got a lovely version of the Unreal engine with little to no documentation. They lost, Epic counter-sued and won with the judge ruling that all copies of SK games that used the Unreal engine had to be destroyed and they owed Epic something like $6 million.

Actually, the countersuit was because Epic claimed "Silicon Knights'" engine they created "instead of" Unreal was actually just heavily modified or openly stolen UE3. They proved it pretty loving conclusively because the coders copy/pasted quite a bit of UE3 code (including comments and typos) into "their" engine. This is the level of talent left at SK (and probably this new company) anymore. Do not pay them.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

SSJ Reeko posted:

There's also the fact that the reason both of those games (though mostly X-Men: Destiny) are awful is because the company was driven into the ground trying to secure funding for Eternal Darkness 2. Most of the team for X-Men was taken off of it half-way through and put to work on Eternal Darkness tech demos. It never went anywhere and every other project suffered because things were horribly mismanaged.

I wish I could find the report that detailed all of this, but it was months ago and hell if I can find it now.

Yo. I think it's been linked here a few times now in threads on this.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Nintendo was breathing down their backs on Twin Snakes/Eternal Darkness, is the common excuse. From the above story:

quote:

This command structure wasn't always such a fatal flaw, former employees said. Before Silicon Knights cut ties with Japanese powerhouse Nintendo following the 2004 release of Twin Snakes, the studio had crucial outside help for game quality, design and process. "This is the reason for the extremely high quality games that SK built a reputation on," says one source. "Nintendo was going to put their name on the game, so it had to be 'Nintendo quality.'"

Silicon Knights' post-Nintendo releases certainly took a dive in quality, based on the low Metacritic scores for Too Human and X-Men: Destiny, so this theory seems plausible. "Once [Nintendo] were out of the picture, SK could do whatever they wanted," a source says. "Denis believed that SK was finally out from under the oppressive nature of Nintendo as a publisher. Once Denis was given more freedom, things started to fall apart."

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Oasx posted:

Project Giana came out before that, although i don't know if it came out on time

I want to say a brief delay but roughly on schedule.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Alan Smithee posted:

I'm amazed they haven't done the homepage Not Kickstarter crowdfunding route.

They did. They literally did this before going to Kickstarter originally. It even had a shitload of really, really concerning legalese that effectively said "we can keep the money" and other worrying details that got pulled after someone SANE looked at it.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

How was this not funded by Lucas years ago?! Million dollar cable TV show right there.

Do you... do you not know that was probably the first "major" fan film to get anyone's attention, or am I just misreading your post?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

Now maybe I'm the one misreading your post, are you saying Lucas funded it? Because THAT I didn't know and would be even more awesome.

No, no, looks like I was in the wrong, I thought you were just going "well why HASN'T anyone done anything with that concept, get George on the horn!"

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

The MSJ posted:

Based on the Current Releases review, the Vampire Academy movie is basically a more contemporary Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It's kind of a shame it didn't do so well since it was from the people who made Heathers and Mean Girls, and the review also said that the movie was watchable just for how positive it was about things.

It also had an amazing soundtrack.

Seriously, go pick that up. Support good soundtracks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Is the pedo slum what "Darth Wiki" is, where for some stupid reasons some pages have a black background?

From what I remember: they had assloads of pages which were basically just categorizing wank material for various fetishists (I want to say they were all even tagged "Fetish Fuel") and these got into some extremely skeezy territory. Google was tipped off to this and pulled their Adsense stuff. As a result, there was a massive purge of any pages that might be considered "adult", to get back on their good side. Splinter wikis were created by others to rehost the deleted pages, because clearly the problem was with Google, not the content. I also think it came out that the coders assumed they were safe from this because ads weren't supposed to show on 'adult' pages, but this code had been broken for YEARS.

The "darth wiki" and some other cheerful cousin to that were just pages where you were 'allowed' to be negative and/or supercheerfulawesomeHYPERFUNWOOOOOO because the rest of the site needed to have "a consistent tone" or something.