Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

SovietSpyGuy posted:

I think this one qualifies as awful: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1809021552/the-new-black?ref=category

The presentation is good enough but I just can't wrap my head around it. Is there some sort of market for particular colors? Why would anyone care about the "New Black?"

More to the point, why do you need $15,000 to open Photoshop and play with the color palette? Is he paying Pantone $15k to let him sit in the cafeteria on his Macbook?

Maybe I'm just totally ignorant and missing the point but it seems silly to me...
This actually makes me a lot more frustrated than most terrible kickstarters, because what he's describing won't actually work, and he has to be aware of it. It doesn't even fall into the category of cute ignorance ala' old men selling their ideas for overly complicated board games. It's just stupid. I don't know the specifics of color calibration, but from what I understand of it from Photography ventures, most monitors displays colors a little differently, and every printer will read those colors differently.

There isn't some magic hex that no one has discovered that will change that.

He is, indeed, asking for $15,000 to open photoshop and play with the color palette.

He seems like he knows how to design stuff really well, but still manages to come off as a self-important rear end in a top hat through the description of the product. At least with bad video game products there's some ambition. This is just asinine.

quote:

Custom colors are made all the time, Coca Cola has their own red, UPS their own brown, and Tiffany Co. their own blue. But The New Black. will not be owned by a private corporation, it’ll be owned by us, for us all to use.
What is this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

benisntfunny posted:

I think I'd actually fund this (for being a huge dick) if it weren't $100 to get the horrible product.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/usb-killer--2#/story
This is an amazing solution. I kept reading the pitch hoping to find out this was a means to 'turn-off' your USB port, but no, it's literally a stick that hopes to permanently destroy the port.

From the weird rear end video that does everything it can to sexualizes a cartoon lady to the examples that include 'oh no you're wife is gonna find those pictures you have', everything about this is A+ awful. Good stuff.

Also:

quote:

Please be aware: USB Killer may cause damage to the motherboard, depending on your computer. By making a pre-order you acknowledge that you are aware of this fact.
Ah hahaha.