Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

unpacked robinhood posted:

Before everyone gets bored with terrible apple kickstarters:
Are you an indie filmmaker, an art student, low on cash, a douche ?
Looking for a way to record video with a ginormous impractical camera, with no optics to speak of, unswappable battery and poo poo ergonomics ? fit your iPad into this filming rig then

There's a major problem with it right off the top. The point of rotation on the tripod mount isn't anywhere close to being in line with the lens on the iPad. Good luck having nice clean pans with that, fucktard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

BoutrosBoutros posted:

I doubt the kind of person who would want that product probably doesn't even know the basics of film such as "Panning" and "Framing a shot" so that wouldn't even matter.

I know, but a man can impotently rage. :shobon:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

We need a Kickstarter to turn Keifer Sutherland's current show Touch into a new season of 24. It's pretty close anyway, the commercials all make Touch look like Jack Bauer a reasonable, concerned father running around, screaming at and then shooting people while trying to protect America his autistic son.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I actually thought the BOXX looked kind of cool. Certainly sturdier than the ZeitEco, which understandably has them saying "Not a Toy!" because it looks exactly like one. It looks like the kind of lovely toy "cyberbikes" you might have gotten with a GI Joe in 1989 or something.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

It's almost certainly a Nietzsche thing. He was German and an atheist and these people are probably big fans of Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda, thus Ich Bin Athiest.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Install Gentoo posted:

Uhhh it says Ich Bin Atheist because it's created by a bunch of German dudes who live in Berlin.

I'm going to install my boot in your rear end, Gentoo.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I would never, ever get my cat to wear a hat. I have scars on my forearms from just trying to wipe diarrhea off him, something his own interests aligned with. No way would he allow me to humiliate him like that.

And yet, it's got ten times the funding asked for. The internet and cats, man; it's as sure-fire as an iPhone accessory.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Why would you wear skinny jeans? Are you a teenaged girl?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

I'm trying to imagine a scenario where that wouldn't end in tragedy, holy poo poo.

Eh, it's not too bad. Personally, I think tubing behind a motorboat is way more stupid since you can easily drown in a lake.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Atlas Shrugged Part 3, starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as John Galt.

The 93-page speech would be replaced with a mere eyebrow lift. It would communicate effectively the jist of Galt's argument.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

DStecks posted:

in my wallet I have [...] my Social Insurance Number card

You're an idiot.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Bad Munki posted:

The great thing about accidentally losing your wallet somewhere is that bulky, bearded 6'4" men can't do it.

poo poo, good thing November's coming, it gives me (a 6'5" man) the opportunity to enbearden myself and raise money for prostate cancer research which I will funnel into donuts so I can become bulky.

Perhaps I will go with IndieGoGo for this noble effort. I'd hate to lose my wallet someday :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

You know, a belt buckle which is, say, gold-plated nickle with paint-flooded depressions to look like a NES controller would be pretty nice, I think. You'd probably do well selling such a thing. Having an actual controller hanging off my pants would be lovely and uncomfortable.

Especially since the Gamecube controller is a way nicer controller, and I can't see anyone walking around with one of those resting on their pubic bone.