Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bomblol
Jul 17, 2009

my first crapatar

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

Apparently that horrid witch Susan Wilson, who pitted her older sons against her 9 year old daughter over the whole "Kickstart her dreams of going into STEM/RPGMAKER summer camp!" found a parody gaming site article about her and flips her poo poo.

http://www.p4rgaming.com/guest-post-all-i-wanted-was-to-go-to-rpg-camp-by-mackenzie-wilson/

It's kind of a fun read to see how absolute batshit she is.

I was distracted by the second comment on the article that was far worse than anything she said
"Before Anita, I never touhght about punching a woman. This is my second time.

Fogive me Professor Layton, but that’s what any gentleman would do."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bomblol
Jul 17, 2009

my first crapatar

StevenM posted:

An empty threat of violence made by an impotent neckbeard is far worse than selling your own children up the river to scam people out of money?

I'm not at all fond of the project either, and it's definitely lovely how she used her children but it's getting a little old to hear about people whining about how any wealthy people running kickstarters ever makes them scammers for not doing it out of pocket.

And yes, a comment that belies the awful status quo of folks on the internet and in gamer circles is as bad as (not all the actions of, which I never said) a single angry comment left by an insane corporate soccer mom.

bomblol
Jul 17, 2009

my first crapatar
The entire Chloe situation is one of the hugest clusterfucks I've seen and while there are some good points to be said (points that HAVE been said) for both sides, it's drowned out by namecalling and extremism. Indie games have a very vocal trans community who I usually unequivocally agree with, but it's hard to not take issue at all with outright defense of Chloe in all regards. However, that's still more attractive of a position than being one of the usual misogynist, ignorant gamers who have are pretty much taking glee that she attempted suicide because she did a few sketchy, lovely things and has some mental issues.

Too bad this the age of an incredibly polarized internet life in general, where taking a position of any moderation will just have both sides rejecting and vilifying you.

bomblol
Jul 17, 2009

my first crapatar

AnonSpore posted:

It's possible to think she was being a lovely person based solely on what she did without being misogynist or ignorant.

Yeah, that was actually the point of my post, you should read it.