Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Orzo posted:

I don't follow libertarian politics and know very little about bitcoins but what on earth does being an atheist have to do with associating with awful MRAs or having no fashion sense?

Because reddit. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
So when no game is produced, what then?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Pyros posted:

They do seem to actually license their stuff and have existing Labyrinth products, including stuff sold on Amazon. So that looks legit, although they haven't posted anywhere about why it was killed.

Maybe they got enough funding to make it without Kickstarter?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Hey, c'mon man, it wasn't like that.

It was the box their TV came in.

Not going to lie, pretty neat seeing how it went from the that to the final product. Still not going to pay an arm and a leg for that dinky PoS.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Here's another movie aimed at the Lifetime channel crowd: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1500620446/courage-of-two

A supposedly feel good movie about two boys finding friendship in dark times is overshadowed by cheesy sad piano music, choppy acting and really poorly done sitdowns with the people involved.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Or hell, if you want to support a goon, buy from this thread. He makes some good wallets and is having a sale right now too.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Zybourne Clock posted:

If you've spilled so many drinks during the course of your lifetime that a large plastic cupholder for your house looks like a sensible investment, you may want to consider buying a sippy cup instead.

That would be nice for picnics or by the lake actually. Too bad it's on Indiegogo with flexible funding.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Hell, none of my Adventure Time friends even knew about the Bee & Puppycat Kickstarter until I mentioned it to them. They had seen the video but had heard nothing about the Kickstarter. :psyduck:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I'm not going to post the link because I don't want traffic to reach the Indiegogo page but my friends have decided to raise money so one of our friends can go to Europe for his 21st birthday. Most of us are just "Why? What makes him special?" Turns out the creator has a hard-on for the guy and is making it her duty to make sure he gets over $1000 so he can go to Europe. And don't worry, if they don't reach their goal she set it to flexible funding so she can pocket the moneyput it away until they have enough. :downs:

Seriously, a bunch of my friends have been turning 21 lately. But this guy is getting people to hand him money so he can gently caress around in Europe. It's stupid as all hell.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Well he got funded so good for him.

Thirty dollars over even, so he can buy like three more burritos.

If he reaches $150 he'll eat 18 burritos and graph them.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Has anyone ever clicked the scissors at the bottom of a Kickstarter page? It's pretty :stare:.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
:stare: Is...is that cum on his hoof? :shepicide:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

I can't find a good explanation as to why I should ditch my iPhone's music library for a Pono.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

lil mortimer posted:

The Lenny Kravitz Special Edition isn't selling too well... :(

$400 for a Foo Fighters Special Edition. :suicide:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Elysiume posted:

Also, gigidigi/hiimdaisy explicitly isn't pleased that they're doing this (read bottom to top):

If they know better they'll stop the Kickstarter and begin discussions with the gigidigi, or attempt the comic with a different art style.

But they wont. They'll keep going until gigidigi make a big enough fuss to get the Kickstarter cancelled.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
So I watched this movie called Key last night. It was an alright thriller but during the credits I noticed that there were Kickstarter backers. Low and behold, the movie was Kickstarted. The one thing I notice is they state the money is going to fixing the sound and fixing dialogue. Neither was fixed in the finished product.

I should also mention it was on one of these multi-movie discs you find at the grocery store.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

FallinInTheBlak posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/198369721/the-epic-video-game-project?ref=sidebar

Let's give two people who have not yet made a successful game $250,000 to make 5 games. What could go wrong?

"We'll see you on the high scores"

Ugh. :suicide:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Man, Kickstarter has helped film crews get budgets they only dreamed of but I also feel like they've become a necessity. I worked on a film last spring pro-bono (it's what you have to do to survive in this job market) and now they're launching a Kickstarter to raise money to make DVDs. In fact, I can only gain a copy of the movie if I donate money. They haven't even bothered putting my name in the credits and they expect me to give them money for something I helped make.

I kinda hope it fails, as well as the producer's other film he's about to launch on Kickstarter. No links since I'm technically invested in the Kickstarter (and I think that's the rules anyways) plus I don't want people purchasing a movie that features three rape scenes and a rape montage. Don't you just love slasher films? :smithicide:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Blast Fantasto posted:

You might as well link it, no one here is going to support the Kickstarter for a lovely slasher movie and we'd sure like to make fun of it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1500620446/creeper

I'm not sure if they can find out people found the project from this link so I'm going to try to not say much more. I will say that I think the guy we had working the camera was really good and he's got a bright future ahead.

GenderSelectScreen has a new favorite as of 17:01 on May 1, 2014

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Athletic Footjob posted:

You should make it so the URL isn't clickable then they can't see where it's referenced from.

Boom, done. Thanks. I just want to cover my rear end.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

theflyingorc posted:

I don't see that text on the page you quoted.

It's on the other link. I think someone linked it on that page but the mod removed the link because he doesn't want people finding out he's a scam artist.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Man, the director of that movie I worked on has been spamming links to the Kickstarter everywhere. Their backers have doubled since. From 3 to 6. :getin:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Chaos Motor posted:

So you guys realize Kickstarter isn't a storefront, right? You're not "buying" a top, you're backing the project and getting a top as a reward. Complaining about the cost of the reward tier is like complaining that the tote bag you get from PBS isn't worth the $60 you have to donate to get it. Of course it's not! You can buy the tote bag for $10 in a store if you want, but that isn't the point. The point is to support a project.

What about that one movie project I posted a while back where they've already made the movie and are now trying to take it to contests. In that case that's the only way to purchase the movie (which I find loving stupid)? In that case you aren't supporting a project but trying to fund their delusions that their rape-flick is movie gold. :downs:

I kinda want them to reach their goal now just so they can get laughed out of those movie contests.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Waffleman_ posted:

And now for a good Kickstarter.

LeVar Burton wants to bring back Reading Rainbow for kids everywhere.

One of the highest tiers is a chance to wear his Geordi visor.

Reading Rainbow was one of the many reasons I read books as a kid. I'm going to toss a few dollars to it for sure.

I wish I had $10,000 though.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
This chucklefuck makes t-shirts with the Kickstarter's stats.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yancey/this-is-also-not-a-kickstarter-shirt?ref=thanks

He's already made more than 14,000 and has two hours to go. Plus this is his second time doing this. :smithicide:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Spergs spergin' 'bout spergs.

On topic: A group of people I helped make a film with have now done not one, but two separate Kickstarter projects for their latest film.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1500620446/courage-of-two

Here's the original kickstarter that barely made it's funding.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1500620446/courage-of-two-post-production

And here's the second, where they're asking for a lot more this time.

What are people's positions of doing multiple kickstarters for one project? On one hand it makes a lot of sense for things like film to do these things in stages yet I feel like that wasn't what Kickstarter was made for. Because when you think about it, you're probably giving them more money than you were going to if they had only one project.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Alan Smithee posted:

You missed the best part which is the creator had pictures of his new Ferrari and shopping bags full of luxury goods. It's like the definition of take the money and run

Those pictures were from 2010. The writer of the article retracted that part.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

senrath posted:

The pitch explicitly says the intent is to use them as an alternative to just slaughtering everything in your path. And given how often I've had players who wanted to raise various baby monsters, if I had money I'd definitely be interested in this book.

Yeah, a player in a Pathfinder campaign I'm in just found a dinosaur egg and is planning to raise the thing so a book like this would be very helpful for him (and our GM).

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

...of SCIENCE! posted:

The ultimate punchline is that no major motion picture camera company even makes film cameras anymore and major studios are no longer releasing movies on film anymore so the argument is entirely hypothetical at this point. Film is dead.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Waffleman_ posted:

Edit: I shouldn't be mean, this dude is obviously on the autistic spectrum.

He posted this to the public; there's no holding back the punches.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Noyemi K posted:

I'm sure even highly autistic people have enough sense not to show themselves wearing a too-small shirt and panties belonging to a 9-year-old relative for what's supposed to be a pitch asking for money.

I'm scarred for life.

Anymore posting of AutismMatrix should be bannable.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Seconds after this photo was taken he fell off his skateboard and smashed his tablet on the pavement.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

senrath posted:

The lady they filmed was interviewed in NPR and said that whites were more represented than they were in the final video, with all the races being about evenly lovely.

Maybe shethey didn't show them to make it look even more threatening?

GenderSelectScreen has a new favorite as of 10:04 on Nov 21, 2014

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I've never heard people catcall women because I live in an area where people skip the catcalling and just sexually assault them. :shrug:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I'm not saying catcalling doesn't happen, I'm just saying that I find it absurd that it actually exists as a real thing and not in the realm of books and movies.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Is she forgetting the fact that men have to shop at a specialty store like Big and Tall to get plus sized clothes? Because I'm pretty sure it's the exact opposite for women (I always see a petite store at the mall).

I feel like this woman didn't do a lot of research into clothing sales. And that's being generous.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Well that image is showing a different type of keyboard that I'm used to so I don't know how useless this really is. For example, I see that the euro symbol is where the # is on my keyboard, 3.

It is a stupid idea and a stupid device though.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

FlyinPingu posted:

guys I'm pretty sure the # keyboard isn't like, super serious and people know that # is not in fact a difficult symbol to produce with traditional keyboards

Well that keyboard has a Euro symbol where the "#" traditionally is so I wonder where the "#" is on that keyboard exactly.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Modern Day Hercules posted:

That is a loving Pound sign over that three you blind gently caress. The euro is on the 2.

No it's not you dumb poo poo. That's a... oh, I see what you did there. :nallears: Retard.

And I don't know the difference between a euro sign and a british pound so gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Tippis posted:

Still on the 3, but you use ⌥3 rather than Shift-3 to get it.

Okay, it's not like the 2 with the @ and the euro sign on it though. Weird.