Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

VioletCorsica posted:

I am 5'8" and 120 lbs. I lift 3 times a week. How about you?

Edit: and to the original point, wasn't the weight limit very low? So if a fat person wanted it, it would probably still not work for them.

No you respond with "I'm not fat I have <disease>." I wanna know about your ailments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Unfortunately, bear simulator is hot garbage.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/7/11172514/bear-simulator-kickstarter-update-pewdiepie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2pOByz3e0E

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

various cheeses posted:

I backed a Kickstarter for some bike wheel locks back in October of 2014. It is now August of 2016 and this fuckman still hasn't delivered me his bullshit product. The last email update was June 1st, where he was offering to ship them to people who paid for their own shipping. Lol nice try idiot, you won't scam me twice.

Bike wheel locks already exist. Why did you crowdfund an existing product?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

What's that webcomic where the guy made a book, underestimated costs, then became a communist and set them on fire?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Bloodstained just got delayed to 2018. Whoops.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

TetsuoTW posted:

The gently caress is bloodstained?

Castlevania with the serial numbers filed off.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

What combination of stupid IoT bullshit would I need to be able to say "lights" and have a lamp turn on.

Y'know, like a clapper, only it works correctly and is a star trek.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Wasn't there a C&D or close to it from Nintendo over this?

Yes. They just stopped using the name Star Fox.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

'Space Vulpine' really rolls off the tongue, they should go with that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uieM18rZdHY

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

WrenP-Complete posted:

As someone who knits/crochets/weaves metal, that hat is a tremendous amount of work.

What kind of work do you do? That sounds neat.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Guy Mann posted:

AliExpress does tens of billions of dollars of business a day and for good reason. It's silly when people fret about using their credit card in there when Alipay is literally the largest transaction service on the planet, you really don't realize how much they're selling.

I always figured the risk with aliexpress was getting something so cheap it disintegrated into a pile of heavy metals in transit, not getting crimed.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

gschmidl posted:

Does this aquarium also have idiots in boats?

Christ, I hope so.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

10.5 minutes?

gently caress that. I'm going to market a portable coffeemaker that takes model rocket engines. Cold to boiling in under eight seconds.

It's called a jetboil.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

The MSJ posted:

I completely understand Australia being strict with this kind of thing. They are an island with a unique and delicate ecosystem that can be ruined by alien species. They experienced firsthand the destruction caused by vermin the Europeans brought there, using up resources, killing local inhabitants and then forming their own government.

Isn't it a bit late at this point? I thought Aus was like 50% wild boar by weight at this point.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Nice try Peter molyneux.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Why is small batch good? How does the fact that you only made something 3 at a time benefit me?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Reading the OSHA thread has convinced me that literally everything needs 13 redundant hardware interlocks, and even that's not gonna stop a dedicated idiot.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

https://twitter.com/dennysdiner/status/489418044725530626?lang=en

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Dienes posted:

So its this for hipsters?

No, it holds way less than that.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

If you're doing camps and you don't want to just put a coffee thing over the fire like a normal person, jetboil is rad. Coffee in like 30 seconds.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

You can just read your punchan manga on a regular computer, too. That's an option.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Jolo posted:

The video mentions the robot protecting the home several times. Where is this flying robot's gun?

"The possibilities are endless" - Nah, I think this thing can fly and take pictures. I think there are limited uses.

Some Dingus here in CT put a pistol on a drone awhile back and had a friendly chat with several government agencies as a result.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Briped in the butt by my own butt.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

In somewhat related news, one of the PS3 emulator projects started advertising you could play Persona 5 from start to finish on their thing, complete with big splash screens with art from the game. They almost immediately got a "we will sue you into the loving ground if you don't remove P5 compatibility from future builds of your emulator" from Atlus.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

That's not actually something Atlus can ask for since it's unlikely the compatibility settings use any code or other IP from the game. They can at least stop the marketing, I guess.

I think it's more a threat to go after them using the power of money, which can make your life miserable even if you're completely in the right.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

From the creators of House.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

Is this slower than a little butane stove?

A jetboil does 2 cups in 2 minutes.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

The most useful security feature on my gun safe is that it's heavy enough that you'd need, like, 4 guys to carry it. The two locks are probably really goddamn simple to pick.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

A leatherman that vapes.

Give me your money.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Doesn't stress actually contribute in some poorly-understood way to a bunch of diseases, though? Not that saying "this = cancer" isn't pretty shady.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Platystemon posted:

Elemental carbon isn’t considered “organic” for historical reasons.

What are the historical reasons?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Platystemon posted:

People thought that there was a fundamental difference between the composition of living and nonliving things.

Sugar is organic because it’s found in living things. Quartz is not because it comes from the ground. Pure carbon also comes from the ground in the form of coal (the root of the word “carbon”).

Chemistry could be done on living matter or nonliving matter and never would the two would cross.

In the nineteenth century, it was discovered that the two could cross. It is possible to take stuff out of the ground, do some chemistry on it, and turn it into substances indistinguishable* from those derived from living things.

Living and nonliving things, it turns out, are actually all made of the same stuff.

“Organic” had to get a new definition and chemists worked backwards to get there.

The modern definition is often simplified to “contains carbon atoms” but to be more specific, bonds between carbon and hydrogen are required. This helpfully excludes many substances like diamonds and carbon dioxide, which had long been known to come from the ground.

There are, however, still exceptions to that definition.

*Indistinguishable with their technology. Nowadays things like (lack of) radiocarbon would give it away.

Neat, thanks for the explanation.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

I seem to remember hearing that Bethsoft wasn't gonna let third parties touch their IPs again after New Vegas.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

The endless bickering over which videogame best videogame is probably a small part of why they don't farm out work anymore.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

CDPR is still busy making Cyberpunk.

You can't prove that.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

I had to download an .ini fix that turns off v-sync on level transitions or else I'd get like minute and a half load times. Other than that, alright videogame. I liked what they did with power armor.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Why on earth would you want a laptop camera cover made of leather??

Blagh

It's more bespoke than tape or something I don't know.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Just have them race plows that day.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Slanderman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

It's not quite the same as a standalone console, but Sega has released a good chunk of the Genesis catalog through Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/sub/102625/