Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Snoo posted:

this is unrealistic because women's pants don't have deep pockets like that :/

Then where are they keeping my money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Even Butch had to remind himself to stay "family friendly" in his Youtube videos, like when his Clifford The Big Red Dog fanfic got too 'dark' or when almost said he wants Logan Paul to be set on fire.

I don't know if he's relying on his fans for support with this, since most of them probably grew up on his shows 10 years ago.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

FoP is basically in its own little zombie simpsons world at this point. Funny thing they introduced a new character to try to change up the formula twice and then they just stopped showing up after a while both times when everyone hated them. One character was a magic dog, a literal Poochie.

The others are literally a baby and a manic pixie dream girl (ironically not literal despite the premise of the cartoon).

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Finally an innovation in public upskirt filmmaking technology.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This comic about an Iraq War vet Border Patrol sniper fighting the Mexican cartels looks pretty normal, but I wonder how it plays out considering its creator Richard Meyer is infamous for his Youtube videos about how SJWs are ruining comics.

Meyer's racism and sexism have led to his previous crowdfunded comic being boycotted. Here is a pretty comprehensive article about him: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05/13/no-enemy-but-peace-richard-meyer/

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

That’s normal now, friend.

Well one thing is off. All the Mexicans are written with normal-sounding English, not even a "<translated from Spanish>". Maybe that would be too "SJW" or something.

Giving away a poster of the character who was almost raped wearing a tiny bikini as a pledge reward is probably standard though.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

“Game developers have no new ideas that’s why they keep making Call of Duty” is a meme some people actually believe, apparently.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

LOL if you think those middle school stabbers know what Something Awful is.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oaxisentertainment/oaxis-entertainment

Butch Hartman is crowdfunding a family-based streaming service. The only name attached is Butch himself, and he doesn't even have a project planned for it, but....

I feel like user uploads are going to be at odds with a streaming service explicitly focused on family programming.

The campaign is over and made its goal.

Also apparently it's supposed to be a Christian streaming service and he's been promoting it to the Pureflix crowd which is why he got his money
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnA8K58gxyo
There are people angry about this, of course, since Butch never said anything about it in his campaign. He also blames depression and suicide on modern media, as well as paradoxically complaining about kids using their tablets and phones too much while promoting a competitor to Youtube and Netflix.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/835422767/the-super-patriotic-dating-simulator

quote:

Karlee Esmailli here, the founder of Immigrant Father Studios. I'm an Iranian-American person, and I wrote a video game to express all my complex feelings towards America, the middle east, and my clitoris. I'm proud to present The Super Patriotic Dating Simulator.

The Super Patriotic Dating Simulator is a satirical visual novel. Play as Elodie, a 19-year-old CIA super spy. As one of America's most ruthless agents, you’ve been assigned a deadly solo mission: infiltrate and destroy I***.

Besides the whole “super spy” thing, you’re just a normal American girl… who’s really horny. Give these fuckers an American rear end-kicking, and maybe learn a bit about your body on the way. Just remember the #1 rule of the CIA: always ask for consent.

7 different “dateable” characters, each with multiple character endings.
Geopolitical intrigue.
Beautiful illustrations at high-tension moments.
One horse.
Helpful reminders for white people that I*** is not representative of Islam or all middle eastern people

I love dating SIMs and visual novels. I love my family in Iran, my Persian nose, and middle eastern culture. I love being an American. I'm grateful to live in this country. Despite my love for these different components of my identity, I've felt a deep anxiety towards each of them. These mixed relationships of love and anxiety are the foundational components of The Super Patriotic Dating Simulator.

Dating SIMs, as a genre, have strong roots in the expression of sexuality. Female characters in many dating SIMs are built as sexual objects for heterosexual male players. I wanted to contribute a grounded, accurate, female perspective to this genre typically dominated by the male gaze. The protagonist's story arc in the game centers around the questions that I asked myself as a young woman. Elodie, the main character, wonders: Why am I not orgasming from just penetration? How do I orgasm? Am I gay or straight? Does my virginity matter? Why didn't anyone tell me about this?

To contrast against this grounded discussion of female sexuality, I wanted to subvert the sexual oppression that characterizes so much of I***'s politics. In reality, I***'s oppression of women exists within a patriarchal framework, which subjugates women's bodies, pleasure, and power to men. I found power and strength in an objectified caricature of members of I***. The same tools of objectification that have made me feel diminished, disrespected, and worthless as a woman can be used against the perpetrators of this gendered violence. The tactics of I*** are intended to terrorize. Subversion and comedy are particularly effective against this kind of politics. I want to rob I*** of the terror they work so hard to instill, through this reversal of the sexual narrative.

While the game directly addresses I***'s gender politics, it is equally informed by my identity as a middle eastern person in modern-day America. The Super Patriotic Dating Simulator is specifically about I*** because of American perception of the middle east. To many white Americans, I*** is just a group of brown boogeymen in the desert. I*** is universally disavowed by Muslims - they are not a representative depiction of Islam. And yet, Americans tend to use I*** as the face of Islam and the middle east, and that terrifies me because they literally can't tell us apart and think we deserve to die. The Super Patriotic Dating Simulator is a satire about this American perception. It's a satire of the dehumanizing, inaccurate, atrocious politics of American perception of middle eastern people. It's a desperate plea that we recognize how harmful that perception is.

Ultimately, my growth and understanding of my sexuality have been informed by my connection to middle eastern culture, American culture, and the conflicts I've experienced living between these two perspectives. The Super Patriotic Dating Simulator is an expression of my personal experience -- my anger, my pleasure, my identity -- seen through the lens of comedy.

- Karlee Parvin Esmailli

You know, this might actually be a good Kickstarter.

The MSJ has a new favorite as of 00:07 on Jul 26, 2018

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Oh God, the crowdfunded game by Dick Ruin is getting a sequel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp_neRnvF9E

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's like in Dead Rising where different smoothies give you different bonuses and powers.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Wait, I remember they made a Kamen Rider show with this concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9sQOcO0iEo

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The 21st century work environment is being molded by a very specific set of fetishes yearning for the return of legal slavery

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

zinglon's ale posted:

Is that sex toy kickstarter knockoff still around?

This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbhatkcMglQ

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

TheKennedys posted:

why does every British dude on Youtube with the notable exception of Hbomb sound like a combination of the MovieFone guy and Bill Shatner, and how do they expect people to listen to that voice for an hour

even Shaun tends to go with the extremely melodramatic drawn-out thing, idk why it bothers me so much

He started out on TV in the 90s, maybe that's why.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Maybe if these chuds embraced communism earlier, they'd have a wall already.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Instead of a button it should be a thumbprint sensor, and if you're on a sex offender list it calls the police instead. Or at least plays a loud siren.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

People did call Fortnite a PUBG knockoff, except it's not true because Fortnite has a completely different art style and new gameplay elements like player-made buildings. Even Call of Duty Mobile's battle royale mode that looks a lot like PUBG has stuff like wingsuits, character classes and that hellhound miniboss to set it apart.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Planet of The Apes. Because such shameless capitalism will definitely lead to the downfall of civilization and the apes will be free to take over.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

A documentary about one of the most infamous crowdfunding fails, the Boston Purr Cat Cafe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNsqEntHuV8

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Harveygod posted:

She also posted pictures of random cats to Facebook and in the captions would pretend to be the cat saying that her mommy was seeking legal action against any harassers (with "-meow!!-" randomly inserted every few words).

She earlier claims that she is not a crazy cat lady and is in fact better than such people.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Don Gato posted:

I'm pretty sure that's the plot of some CSI show.

There's actually another CSI show where a hacker took advantage of a flaw in his victim's internet-connected printer, making it overheat and set the house on fire.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The titular raven is now just a tits raven, I hope.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Blue Moonlight posted:

I’m only interested in an erotic telling of The Tell-Tale Heart.

Imagine the possibilities!

Instead hiding a body, he's trying to hide his mistress.

Written by the guy who made Hitmen for Destiny and Trixie Slaughteraxe for President.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sunswipe posted:

What's the point of having it then?

So you can sell a TFwiki edition.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Someone show that to an X-Men artist so they can give Cyclops a way to not be constantly eyepunching people but without the use of lenses.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The art reminds me of that webcomic about the girl with bee powers.

Is it a rule that when weebs make anime they must also give it the most Engrish title they can?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Not just weebs, Big Hero 6 and Super Robot Monkey Hyperforce Go! or whatever it was called come to mind.

Both of those were originally made by weebs or to appeal to weebs though.