Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.
Not only that, publishers are potentially more reasonable when economic reality messes up plans. Like internally, the writing had to be on the wall for the quality of the project from all the porting work. A publisher that wanted to see return on investment, or at least minimise excessive loss, might've pushed the project towards something more sustainable, less all in than what they did.

As it stands they went for a Hail Mary and rolled up with a mediocre game competing on platforms where the same price point will get you a far better game. I doubt they'll recoup nearly as much from post release sales as they hoped going in, certainly no performance like Shovel Knight did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.
Yeah, like there's a reason tape measures have metal tapes. Then seamstress tapes handle flexible stuff. Then there's laser & wheel measurement tools out there too, and they'll have greater accuracy too. Literally the only reason you'd get this is to put a few measurement styles in a single tool, but it's inaccurate so you still need to double check.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Germstore posted:

I just can't get enough of loving pods!

loving lol, this shits too advanced to be refillable.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Harveygod posted:

So, what you're saying is it's even more monetizable?

Monetizable to a brain dead fad chasing customer base. I dunno how good an investment that will turn out to be. I mean seriously, Kickstarters may give cash injections to the kind of business that could never get off the ground, but that may just mean it's clear they'd never stay off the ground if they ever took flight.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Jedit posted:

I'll give you a clue - they did.

Yeah. They might have been short and just wanted to play for time by shipping empty envelopes. Wasteful and dumb as gently caress, but this is Kickstarter were talking about so I repeat myself.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Elysiume posted:

As a bonus: the Hearthstone classes (the last nine) are in alphabetical order, but Deva and Transcendent aren't. It's like they didn't even try to mix them in.

loving lol. Goes to show all world building first, story second efforts tend to be highly derivative to the point of plagiarism.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

I'm the son punish intervention token.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

That's a bit disingenuous, if you actually stock a bag for work it can be very easy to overlook small items. I mean sure, there's probably a market in nerds who absolutely don't need it, but Id hardly call those things awful.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Paladinus posted:

Maybe try playing minecraft with your child instead.

F'real. I used to let my son watch some of that LP stuff, but I've come to the conclusion that it's just modelling really awkward and sometimes lovely behaviour patterns from total goons, behaviour that would be far better learnt from his actual social interaction with friends.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Instant Grat posted:

You know that very real and extremely annoying problem of having cold hands when you're GAMEING???? have i got the product for you

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/momentplz/no-more-cold-hands-the-future-of-gaming-and-workst

To be fair, I would buy this thing if it actually worked. I prefer not to waste energy heating my office if I can just throw a sweater on or something, and that's all fine except for the hands, which can be annoying as hell when you're working.

But yeah I'll wait til it's y'know, not a prototype with design issues.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Sagacity posted:

How will you measure the amount of hands? :ohdear:

Pen and paper hopefully.

The funny thing is, a single good measurement tool that could organise entries easily without a notebook might be a really handy trade tool, but it's kind of moot if you can't even depend on the measurements to millimetre accuracy on short runs. Literally one job, but I guess that's it, people buy tapes with literally one job, that are cheap and suited to their application, be it long run (steel), ease of short run (synthetic), distance (rolling). There's no room in the professional market for something that does them all badly when they're not expensive in the first place.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.
Warning! Do not try to keep up with this watch!

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.
We had all the best engineering minds to create this new toothbrush/juicer/tortilla maker for a modern age. We couldn't figure how to do it without some sort of consumable subscription item. Only our special batteries/toothpaste/chopped veggies fit into our one of a kind design, built to the highest standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Facebook Aunt posted:

$50 - Your name in the game.
$500 - Your name in the credits.

Uhhhhhh

You honestly wonder whether these people have ever fully thought through something in their life.