Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kelnira
Jun 14, 2011

My weapon of choice.

Xenocidebot posted:

That in and of itself isn't a bad thing. It just means she isn't a Strong Female Character because she isn't a character, she's a scantily clad mascot for the player's actual avatar (the armor) during moments of success or failure. In games like Prime, where she's never flaunted whatsoever, there's no sexism, and that's fine, but you can't call it some triumph for feminism because her being female is irrelevant and barely shown. I don't mind her being a female Doomguy, and I wish she was more often, but that's not a feminist thing, that's a neutral thing.

Isn't that the fundamental success of feminism? Gender being completely irrelevant because men and woman are equal? The fact that she is a female and it doesn't matter in the slightest, I would argue, makes her a very strong female character.

Now come here and get your own Ditty (or thing)!!! Bad clip art included!!!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rickyjfico/rickys-ditties-and-things-to-inspire-amuse-and-sti?ref=home_location

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU