Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I can't help but sense a tinge of envy from some goons on the kickstarters that are apparently terrible yet ended up making money hand over fist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Kazy posted:

Being envious doesn't make the thing any less poo poo.

True, but it's very common for people to rationalize their envy by finding ways to disparage the source of that envy. Other people's success is always far more undeserving. Goons can kind of come off as the Salieris to the autist Mozart's.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Prop Wash posted:

Amadeus or not, the internet as a whole is sadly uncritical and we're kind of at the point now where genuine criticism can be interpreted as trolling. That's not to say that goons are always perfect critics but this is the awful kickstarter thread, not the rose-colored glasses kickstarter thread.

Have you read youtube comments? Trust me, a lack of 'constructive criticism' is not the problem here. You're telling me in a media format where people can say whatever they want, anonymously, with minimal effort, there is a lack of criticism? Seriously?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Wedemeyer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWeTw2DXfUE

I think it was this one? I hope this Srar Citizen thing never ends :) :) :) I can't recall if another video was posted though so maybe I'm wrong.

Is this the Star Citizen beta or the F-35 development simulator beta?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Paladinus posted:

It's still alpha!

Star Citizen or F-35? Or both?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
How about a meta-soylent, some kind of nutrient loaded transdermal patch? For coders with no time for drinking liquids.

I'll call em slappers.

Please deposit my dump truck full of Kickstarter money in my backyard please :smug:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

MrMenshevik posted:

Soylent is really convenient for an instant breakfast and it has actual nutritional value, which is a cool bonus for food that costs $2 a meal.

Heavy metals? More like flavor sauce! :downs:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

WrenP-Complete posted:

Whatever happened to the promise/possibility of e-ink technology that could be in a scroll?

Perhaps ninjas and wizards were concerned about potential data breaches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Well I'm sold! Non Euclidean jiggle physics? Sign me up! *rolls away with blank expression*