Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

23 Flavors
Sep 13, 2011

what a talentless looking goon

I didn't watch the video, but I thought you could play as Peach in Super Mario Bros 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

23 Flavors
Sep 13, 2011

A Steampunk Gent posted:

People commit suicide over gender dysphoria. The lady screwed up how she went about things, but given the distress the condition causes and the toxic environment trans people already have to exist in I don't think any of this scorn or criticism is deserved. Rather, and bear she did attempt suicide over the shame and humiliation inflicted on her, this should be a lesson to cis-people in just how much poo poo trans people have to put up with and the desperate acts they're sometimes driven to.

You mean the shame and humiliation she inflicted upon herself when she lied about the nature of the operation instead of being up front about it. If she had admitted from the beginning she needed money for a gender-reassignment surgery she would've received a lot of support from the LGBT community and its sympathizers, which would have no doubt exploded if she was being harassed by "cis-people." There are tons of tolerant people out there who would have supported her. Even if it didn't go viral (which this campaign only went because of how shady it seemed), she would've still received some money as well as emotional support. Her scam "life saving surgery" Kickstarter yielded her exactly $0 so no matter what she raised by being honest it would've been more than she receives now. If there was a lot of harassment and she was honest this could have been a great moment to bring attention to what the trans community has to cope with. By committing fraud she only reinforces negative stereotypes of the trans community in general, however unjustified those generalizations may be, and is just setting back real progress from being made.

23 Flavors
Sep 13, 2011

OrganizedInsanity posted:

So basically they want $24,000 to shoot 50 minutes of footage at literally $200 a minute.

It's actually worse, $24,000/50 minutes = $480/minute.

23 Flavors
Sep 13, 2011

DStecks posted:

I never said losing it wasn't an issue, it's just that I can't leave it at either of my residences since the possibility exists that I might need it at either, and I don't have it memorized. I'm not trying to defend it as a good idea, just the least lovely option I've got.

And it's not an "Oh maybe I'll need it" situation, I needed it just a week ago for things having to do with my student loans.

You can't memorize a 9 digit number? Scientists have discovered that monkeys can memorize 10 numbers, are you stupider than a monkey?