Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

A kickstarter to educate the youth about the constitution!
The story -

quote:

Little-known Founding Father wannabe Jefferson Quincy Washington III, Esq. has lost the Seven Articles of the United States Constitution. Now, James Madison - the Father of the Constitution - has sent YOU on a great quest to find and recover all seven articles - just in time for the Founders to sign the Constitution for Constitution Day. Each Founder that they meet will send them on a minigame adventure that will lead them to the next article.

As the game progresses, players will be asked questions throughout the game that will test their knowledge while at the same time ensure that they are having fun—teaching students about the Constitution, American history, and government using, in the words of one Liberty Day teacher, “camouflage!"
And what a camouflage Liberty Day has gotten for itself!

The introduction to that podcast, if you don't want to listen to it (I know I don't), is a bit of a country song with an old white man saying "Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem." Followed by another white man saying "I only have one thing to say to the tax increasers: Go ahead, make my day." I couldn't listen beyond that because the actual cast's audio came out garbled.

And don't forget, Kickstarters are charities this Kickstarter is for a nonprofit LLC!

quote:

Founded in 1996 by Andy McKean and his late wife Kathy, Liberty Day is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to educating American students about the U.S. Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and American government.

(originally posted in the wrong Kickstarter thread)
Surprisingly, they didn't lie about that.

If you contribute you have a chance to win this sweetass poster!

Wait, I thought raffles weren't allowed on Kickstarter?

Shai-Hulud posted:

I always liked how Half-Life did Add-on names. Opposing Force, Blue Shift, Decay. All physics terms the same as Half-Life itself.

Episode 1 and Episode 2 though...
The expansions for Half-Life were made by Gearbox, if I recall correctly.

RoanHorse has a new favorite as of 05:38 on Dec 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Indigo Prophecy didn't really mean anything but it worked pretty well as a name. Fahrenheit doesn't tell you poo poo though. Heavy rain, is so-so. Its not bad, and it implies some heavy drama is coming, but it doesn't sound all that cool.

Indigo Prophecy was a reference to the concept of 'Indigo children,' even if the plot didn't really work off of that. Fahrenheit, in my opinion, worked with the atmosphere of the game (contrasting hot and cold, yada yada) but it still wasn't very good. I liked it because the (hardware constrained obviously) textures and modelling made the game feel 'cold' to me.