Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

The Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades

AxeManiac posted:

That new ultima game looks awful. I know Ultima games have never really looked good, but man, it is terrible. The font looks terrible, the characters look cheap. I'm not too thrilled about it, not sure it is going to get funded.

They way I see it is that they can't possibly make an Ultima game worse than Ultima IX. (Or could they?) Being such a fan of Ultima in my younger days, I blindly bought the collectors edition of Ultima IX when it game out. The game ran like poo poo on my Nvidia card, so I ended up buying a Voodoo2 card so I could play the game at a decent framerate. Between all the constant crashes and how bad the game was, I never played more than a few hours. It wasn't until recently that I saw the Spoony Experiment retrospective on the Ultima series and found out how much of an abomination Ultima IX actually was. Hopefully without any interference from EA this time, they can pull something decent off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

The Amazing Jellybean

So this is a $40 power strip with only two outlets that power cycles your devices on a timer. For only $250, you can get a gold or silver colored one! I don't know about you, but when my Internet is down the last thing I do is cut the power to everything. Almost always it's a problem on Comcast's side. Maybe people need to buy less lovely networking devices?

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

Fatkraken posted:

I'm confused, because I only have one device for connecting to the internet, is this unusual? Dunno the terminology but I've got a little white box that plugs into the phone socket and my computer plugs into that, I think it's the router but there IS no second box.
No, you can certainly have a DSL or cable modem that plugs directly into your computer. Most people buy a wired or wireless router so they can share their Internet connection with more than one computer or device. You can also get all-in-one devices as well.

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

burritolingus posted:

I think the point of the two outlets is you only plug your modem and router to it, so it doesn't power down everything when the internet is down. It's just something that's completely unnecessary because it's honestly not that hard to power down these devices manually. I haven't watched their video, but I imagine it's like those As Seen On TV device commercials, where it's all gray and an idiots stumbles to power off his modem, knocking over things before finally sighing in exasperation, narrator all asking if this has ever happened to you. Then the video is suddenly full of color and they're showing off this easy-to-use device that's going to revolutionize the way you live by making a simple task slightly more simple.

But at least they seem to have a product.

Funnily enough I was thinking the same thing earlier, and this video immediately came into mind.