Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

IT! IT is confusing! Say your goddamn pronouns!

Regalingualius posted:

Erm... What is the joke? How KS attracts ridiculous projects?
Yes, I'm pretty sure that's it. Uploaded by 'adultswim', btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

The General posted:

Couldn't make it past him "surprised" by the camera. I really loving hate that. I'll take your word that the rest is terrible.
I've posted this before, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iQC0Fqpq70

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/urbantrike/urbantrike-were-kind-of-a-big-wheel

Not sure whether or not I can hate something with such a great tagline.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

Ximen posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/22cans/project-godus
Always a honorable mention, Peter Molyneux stealing from the people with grace, whilst he lies with a silver tongue.
Been rolling up, crying in my bed over the thought that this piece of horrendous crap even got funded.

Also, the icing on the cake is that the game is optimized for touch devices. Whilst Peter himself talks about how much he ''love'' his PC community...
What's your problem with this Kickstarter? It got funded and is clearly being actively worked on towards completion as evidenced by a recent beta release, which is more than you can say for most gaming kickstarters. How exactly did Molyneux 'steal' from anyone?

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

I was really close to unfollowing Peter Molydeux (the fake twitter account) a few months ago because he stopped doing his thing and started promoting other real, quirky indie games. But it looks like he's back on track.

Also, this picture is hilarious: https://twitter.com/PeterMolydeux/status/383612359316484096/photo/1

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Have you all seen this one yet?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/657642328/doobies-dog-house

Can't believe this dude got almost 15k.
Oh man, are you in for a twist.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

JGBeagle posted:

:stare: Is...is that cum on his hoof? :shepicide:
Nah, it's just lather.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

Wow, Air Man has really lost some weight. Looking sharp.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Guys, did you know that fats are paid $1.25 an hour less than thins? And other dumb things.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/319256879/fattitude-a-body-positive-documentary
This started out okay. The negative portrayals of fat monsters and fat people being the bad guy in movies is definitely something that should be considered.

But then it gets into some really really bad science that tries to say being fat is just as healthy as not being fat. And then it goes so far to say that being skinny hurts your cognitive function so skinny women are un-empowering themselves, :lol:. gently caress that poo poo.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

Bifner McDoogle posted:

it didn't used to be but now they started to think its healthy so no we have to treat them the same way as the pro-ana movement so now not being a hater is complicit in a movement where people deliberately gently caress up their lives and deny that what they are doing is real hosed and letting that rhetoric slide is way worse than being mean. I don't like being an rear end in a top hat to these people but when they insist that they are healthy despite the excess adipose tissue beginning to necrotize then feeding the delusion that being fat will not slowly kill you is the cruelest thing you could possibly do. Stalking is of course unacceptable but in extreme cases unavoidable, sometime it is just not possible to keep a fat out of your sight
You can avoid 'feeding the delusion' without hating on people. Your hatred makes you look irrational, and looking irrational actually gives fuel to them. So, in addition to hurting people, you're doing even more damage to your own cause by hating.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

sinking belle posted:

Dedicated to what
MR

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

What does autism have to do with Kickstarter (nonstarter)?

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

i'm not sure you know what 'verbatim' means

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

...of SCIENCE! posted:

A woman just got national press for making a video where a few black :airquote:threatening:airquote: men say "hello" to her as she walks down the street in one of the most populated and foot traffic-heavy cities on earth, these people like to feel outraged and act like they're making a difference but are too afraid to leave their token multicultural bastion of safety and acceptance.

I figure there's pretty good odds that if she does get busted for faking it and/or the attention on her dries up she'll admit that some pictures were faked but that she did it to "raise awareness".
Please tell me this is a fakepost and you aren't seriously implying that men were just saying 'hello' to her.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

Is there a site or thread on some forum that keeps tabs on older Kickstarters that are totally failing to deliver on promises?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

I don't see how that's 'poo poo hitting the fan', to be honest.