Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Ville Valo posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fourzerotwo/the-adventures-of-dash-a-2d-platform-and-puzzle-ad

How do you make a kickstarter, with video of "gameplay," of a 2D platformer with no enemies, no puzzles, no nothing? Goddamn this is the laziest professional-made pitch ever. And asking $400,000!

What problem do you have with it, exactly? I'm not going to fund it and maybe the goal is a bit lofty, but there's a solid team of developers behind it and the limited gameplay videos they had of it looked like they had plenty of potential. I'd at least give the finished product a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Ville Valo posted:

How does it show potential? It has characters that run from left to right, and sometimes from right to left, and also jump. You don't need developers with credits to their name to make that, you need a Saturday afternoon and a copy of Game Maker. Why would you launch something with so little content, and show off just how little you have?

Double Fine Adventure didn't even have a screenshot to show off when it launched the Kickstarter. This game's not finished, and we're practically just watching a proof of concept. But what they've got is pretty, the art style is... well, OK, one of the levels looks like poo poo right now, but the black-and-white stuff looked pretty good already, and the concept and central conceit are interesting.

I mean, I can certainly understand why you wouldn't be interested, but it's hardly a notably awful Kickstarter. They've got a plan for an interesting game, and are openly demonstrating what they have so far and it's not amateurish. I don't know why you're trying to analyse the gameplay from what they've shown, it's the concept and art style they're showing off.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Toffile posted:

No list of bad Kickstarters is complete without Lore.

It's just a giant cesspool of amazing.

Man, this is loving astounding. I think my favourite part is that if you pledge nine hundred dollars, you still don't get a copy of the game.

quote:

This the model i been working on for a few hours polygon tool and and time i was told polygon tool was messy but i dont listen lol but i got to put it back together after i work on it some more

quote:

The Diablo 2 factor is when you die trying your best to make it back to your body because it holds all your items you had on you.

quote:

You get a Random high vaule item and 10 dollar discount on the Digital and Retail DRM Free both are paid in full with this tier also a few legacy such as Zeus lighting Medusa gaze and so on these are in-game items.