Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mineral
Apr 10, 2006

¡quiero dulces!
Civitas update! 1/3 funded - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1584821767/civitas-plan-develop-and-manage-the-city-of-your-d

Basically the 'lead developer' still hasn't introduced a team, posted proper bio's, shown concept art, game mechanics, or posted video content. He gets very defensive if you question his ability or credentials, and tends to make keep making excuses to why the updates are so sparse.

He finally posted a website a week into the kickstarter with a forum. A thread was posted "Meet the Team!" and aside from the creator, only one other ghost developer chimed in with a few paragraphs about who they are. They claim they are worried about getting fired from their current jobs if they go public.

Then some of the backers started calling the lead dev out on how sketchy the project seems in its current state, and he replied with:

quote:

Ok, this is getting out of hand, these little self described internet detectives seem so hell bent on destroying me personally that we can't even discuss the team or the game. We have a simple goal of creating a well made city simulation game called Civitas. We are extremely excited about it. We are working hard to get the community going and the beta ready to show if we are successful with funding.

instead of us being able to focus on our game we have had my name dragged all through the mud. At this point I really can't think of anything I haven't been accused of. i really wanted to just stay above it and present nothing but positive attitude, and get this project going.

This has started to affect the kickstarter due to the fact it has spilled over into the comments. We really want Civitas to be successful, but not at the expense of our personal life being attacked. I personally never even thought that could possibly happen through a kickstarter. None of my friends that have done these have ever seen this kind of reaction.

I could think of one easy way to figure out the greylan questions if I wanted to expose something. Business are registered to their owners. Look it up with the state it was registered in, in greylans case, ms. Go to the secretary of states website and look at the recorded owners.Hint: its actually registered as greyland studios because a miscommunication, but search greylan and it will come up. There are two owners, notice who is not listed? That takes all of 2 minutes.

So like I said before, these kinds of personal attacks are just hurting our chances of making a great game. We have already lost a ton of pledges over it, and that puts us farther from our goal. We will still be putting out our video today, and we are still really excited about the game. And we hope the personal attacks will stop.

drat those pesky internet detectives!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mineral
Apr 10, 2006

¡quiero dulces!

miguelito posted:

Oh boy, Civitas update time!
And this time, they nailed it! Thankfully, they got their poo poo together and really do the proper team introductions. We even see more of their working environment, and an actually really smooth-looking alpha.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1584821767/civitas-plan-develop-and-manage-the-city-of-your-d/posts

...Wait sorry, that was my iguana rolling over the keyboard just right now. Basically the video is the same two guys as always (though they do fill up the screen for five), we have a yellow-tinted wall and a blank Windows desktop poking into the picture.

Let me summarize the content for you: " "

And as always, the main comment section is amazing - full of people that will defend Brandon Smith and his elite developers to the death. The internet is truly a crazy place.

I think that was a Mac. But yeah, zero content and only a short, awkward unprepared statement. And people are upping their pledges because of it. It's scary to think what this guy will actually do with a quarter million dollars.