Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Imapanda posted:

So glad SC4 thread is taking off again.

Here, have a little inspirational ~*recreation*~ of their new games cityscape.

Yowza! How did you get those angled roads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Tindahbawx posted:

Its weird, I've checked all that, its all matching up. Bizarrely downloading the other 2 torrents listed in the OP works fine and lets me grab seeders from Alluvion, its just the GrandFromage pack that doesn't work. :ohdear:

Edit: you really weren't joking when you said dependency hell in the OP...I'm currently sitting here trying to add CAMeLots to the game and every simgle bloody lot needs about 6 or 7 dependencies, BSC This, BSC That, BSC The Other. Its unreal.

Have these guys just never heard of the idea of releasing modpacks with all the dependencies in one zip? Would it not be easier to just bundle ALL the BSC dependencies as one single file, as opposed to having 12 different drat things and having to check if you've got them all with each different lot you download.

It seems like an absolutely crazy way of doing things to me!

Edit 2: The dependency I just downloaded relied on another dependency, which obviously had to be downloaded separately... :negative:

You'll get used to it. For me this game has becoming downloading and installing mods and dependencies, testing them out, then realizing they're not perfect, deleting them all and starting over again. There's kind of a zen to it.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Shibawanko posted:

Do you guys still give your cities "serious" generic city names? I used to but now I just go with Pooptown, Gayville, and other classics like I used to in my SNES Simcity days. Coming up with a serious name for every little square of the region map is a pain in the rear end anyway.

My cities are all named after neighborhoods from GTA2. Traditionally Narayana is always the first town in a region.

Sometimes I'll steal names from this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_weapons_tests_of_the_United_States
(the names of the tests themselves not the names of the series)

circ dick soleil fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 6, 2014

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Keetron posted:

And to add more content, I figured I could put in some screenshots of the bigger isle:

Finally a few of a more rural region:

Looks good but drat you really need to cut back on some of those duplicate growables.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
I think that someone should combine GTA Online with city builder games so we can build a city and then do heists in it.

• Locked thread