Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Nitta boring her to death was everything I could've hoped for.

And he kept offering her outs!

Nitta understands this is a weird hobby most people aren't into. What a nice monster who lives only for blood, violence, money, and fine vases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

L-O-N posted:

Hinamatsuri 79. Where we learn not to support your friend's delusions. Also, does Mami not remember that Hina has psychic powers or something?

Mami's pretty dumb.

I mean, she's in the complete idiot class with Hina, and Hina wasn't awake for a single lesson in middle school.

(Honestly, post time-skip, Hina's seemed passably bright when she applies herself.)

Besides, from her prospective, it's easier to believe in UFOs AND psychics than to think Hina'd scam her.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

where the red fern gropes posted:

i am having a lot of trouble remembering who some of the characters are and why hina is now old

There was a three year timeskip, so Hina's sixteen now and has moved from being the dumbest of the psychics to the smartest. (Not that it's terribly difficult.)

The other characters in this one are her classmates. The main one in this is Mami, who is obsessed with the supernatural and who Hina briefly convinced that she had psychic powers.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Heh.

"I have a dream that's so crazy they'd put me in an institution if anybody heard about it.

When he's right, he's right.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Aw, Hina's growing up.

Admittedly, she's growing into more of a manipulative monster who holds nothing too sacred to use for her advantage, but, you know. It's progress.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

What do you mean it's weird? I can't see anything but a normal high school girl!

Well, the American fast food serving sizes are big. I guess that's a little weird.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Seeing Hina in action post timeskip always me sorry for anime only fans. She's up there with Hitomi in the best characters in the manga, but the anime leaves out so many of the moments that made her great even before the timeskip, and didn't have the time after to show off how she grew.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jan 4, 2019

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

Who's Hinata?

A typo.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Mary Annette posted:

Not necessarily in that order.

And yet, she's still smarter than Mao.

It's fun to have Anzu in the same situation as Hina was earlier, just because of how differently they handle things.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Further, water is wet.

I was a bit worried after that play chapter that she was off her game. Pretty ridiculous in hindsight.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Seems to be more a temporary thing. Like Ocean Madness. Or Space Madness.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I get the feeling that

Hina getting off her butt and doing something is probably going to change things even more. I mean, the vases were saved the second Nitta said "Fine! I'll get involved."

Hina starting a real job isn't going to help with her dream of being lazy and playing VRMMOs into her old age.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Hina continues to be very good at things if they let her put in less work down the line. Especially manipulating people.

She's come so far.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

boredsatellite posted:

Even tabloids can't slander anzu

Of course they can't.

In print, it's libel.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

new chapter!

it's depressing how much i empathize with the older washed up characters in this series

It's also remarkable how washed up some of them get, in a natural way.

Mostly characters don't fail like that. They're either always sad sacks or always winners with some setbacks. This... is kind of realistically sad.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

They could have also just made a bubble underwater and flown underwater in the car, but again, that wouldn't have destroyed his car, so

The important thing is that Nitta's car was destroyed. It's what Nitta would have wanted.

He even gave a thumbs up of approval!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Sindai posted:

I've forgotten why they're doing this band thing other than it having something to do with changing the future.

Basically, the attempts in the original timeline to create Rocksion lead to genetic engineering, which lead to Hina and the other psychic superweapons, which lead to World War III, which broke Nitta's vases.

Successful Rocksion, by contrast, will lead to Nitta's vases surviving, which is the most important thing.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Hina's going to actually work for a living?

So much for them preventing the end of the world.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Hina continues to (slowly) grow as a person. By the time she's out of college, she might be able to sit through a class without passing out. Maybe.

At any rate, she's got friends, she's got hobbies, and she's at least going forward in her life, however much she sleeps through it. Pretty impressive considering what she was like at the start of the manga.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Scum to the end.

Sasuga, Hina.

I'm gonna miss this manga.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nipponophile posted:

Truly the end of an era.

Apparently the last collection is going to have a bit more epilogue as bonus content in August.

One last sip before the well is dry.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

the final words.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/993793

what a wonderful series and I'm glad it ended strongly. :unsmith:

so successful she would even take over other character's storylines and only the editor could stop her

Note the "at first".

As in, by the end, even the editor couldn't stop her. And then plotlines for other characters started to get torpedoed in bulk.

Hitomi is too powerful, and I fear that not even ending the manga will stop her for long. One day, she's just going to show up in One Piece as the new head of the world government or something, and then it will be too late for all of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kibibit posted:

Jeez, Hinamatsuri ran 10 years?

Just about, yeah.

Started in 2010, ended in 2020.