Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Jamesman posted:

Unless the cosplayer is Anthony Le, all that should really matter is what the person looks like in pictures, and not what they act like outside of their pictures. Lemme know when this guy enters contents for children, and we'll talk.

Wrong. It'll go somewhere AMAZING!

Was totally going to ask why she has steam coming from her heels. Then I remembered the character and figured it out. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I have a pic of the Fiddlesticks from LoL at Pax East I'll have to get off my crappy camera phone, but did anyone get him in motion? He had the bouncy stilts and everything so he moved like Fiddlesticks does in game and was AMAZING!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Kwyndig posted:

What, if you know the character it's not confusing at all. :v:

Actually, I guess that really depends on if they're cosplaying American version Poison or Japanese version Poison...

The confusion comes from it being posted as cross play, however, that is not cross play, that is straight up cosplay of that character.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

SpazmasterX posted:

I have one, the Power Ranger collector community was all in a tizzy trying to get their hands on one because they launched with a very limited run initially with a proper run several months later. Right now, this is what you want to get:

SDCC 2013 exclusive. Only 1000 made.

I stumbled on the Nostalgia Critic review of one of the Power Rangers Movie and I was 11 again. You guys are assholes for making me want something so ridiculous from my youth!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Macaluso posted:

Um did you mix up your cosplay picture with a picture of the real thing? :psyduck:

No dude, she is the girl holding the bottle for Johnny Depp. Obviously not a nugget.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

A note on contacts: Please watch out for your eyes. Plenty of cosplayers buy cheap Chinese lenses and have no problems, but there is always a risk when you wear something that literally sits on your eyeball. If you regularly get eye exams for myopia or whatever, you can have your optometrist order fun lenses fitted for your eyes, which will reduce strain and the likelihood of complications. Seriously, even the Walmart optometrists have a dusty catalog of opaque lenses they get orders for once in a blue moon that will suit you far better than ordering from some company whose name you can't pronounce.

If you are lucky enough to not need corrective lenses but want cosmetic contacts for cosplay, I'd highly recommend getting a contact lens eye exam by a licensed optometrist and ordering through him or her. As I said before, you can get away with the cheap stuff online, but holy cow, when it goes wrong, it goes really wrong. They're your eyes, please take care of them :ohdear:

Holy poo poo I never thought of that, and while I don't Cosplay, all those people that I see that are wearing these lenses, if they are getting it from some random online store. I shudder at the thought.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Tracula posted:

This is about the only crossplay of Slave Leia that hasn't made me want to wretch.

I actually read "Slave Leia" and just kept scrolling by and didn't even look. Saw the replies later that it was a good cross play, and no retching? I mean, I gotta see that! I scrolled back up to see what the fuss was about and it was awesome. Good work you two! There are enough horrible Slave Leia to begin with, getting it done with a great cross play is doubly impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I know nothing about space marine game--is this a euphemism or is it safe to take it literally

They hold a quite literal giant sword with a chainsaw built into it.

• Locked thread