Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
"I just went out of my way and physical nature to give you a big warm embrace, and you pat me on the head?! You condescending rear end in a top hat!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Dang you all for sending me down the "cute animal" video trail again.

Here's a ticklish bulldog puppy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stgwckDQZUo

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

DrBouvenstein posted:

"How much drugs did you give to that cat?

"All of them...all the drugs!"

:catdrugs:

Once years and years back my ex-wife and I were given this big bag of catnip by my step-mother. Like, 16 oz of expensive, high quality stuff. Thinking it was funny, we gave the whole bag to our cat. At first that cat was like "AWESOME!" :catdrugs: SWEET!. Then, she stopped moving. For three hours. We didn't even see her blink. I swear to god, we thought we killed our cat by overdose.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

McDragon posted:

Behold, laughing quadruplets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZH0sNsaAz4

I really like the table as well.

Found this while poking around related videos a while back in the thread.

fake edit: hey, found something similar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxUulGkLu4I

And a baby business meeting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0EkwhAj93Y

Laughing babies are adorable. It's even better when there's lots of them.

One of these days I'll get around to officially pitching a tv idea I've had for years: America's Funniest Laughing Babies. I'm positive it will be the most successful show ever created.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Coconut Indian posted:

Are there species of bears that are less likely to maul you or do you have to raise it from birth? Well besides the sun bear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qrDsbn1GBY

Bears are the best.

Nope.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

particle409 posted:

Puppy Winston tries a lemon for the first time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6EJLC7YQnc

For those of you who decided to click away after a little bit of this, it gets better about half way through once Winston decides he wants to bite the lemon in anger but can't figure out how to do it without tasting it!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Golden-i posted:

Short video, but I thought this came out to be pretty adorable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZC9nnsavDA

One of my GF's cats sticks his tongue out like, almost 50% of the time, for no reason. Early into owning him, she had the following conversation once the vet noticed:
:raise: Does-does he always stick his tongue out like that?
:ohdear: uh...yes? Is that bad?
:haw: Oh, well in that case, no! (ps your cat is doofy looking)

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

On the one hand, I'm super jealous too. On the other, I can't help but think of Thomas Harris' "Red Dragon".

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I can tell you that the US has the full "no homo" policy on blood donation. My gf can't donate blood because she has no problem dating bi men.

Meanwhile, I can't donate anything, but those who can have saved my life countless times over. If you want all my gory details, go head over to the kidney transplant thread in A/T. In all seriousness, all of you donating and putting yourself on lists, and championing donation of any kind, you are truly without hyperbole my heroes. This last page has really made my day. Too bad it's so dusty in here....

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I'd go so far as to say his face automatically makes a :3: shape. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that animals don't have to be mammals to be adorable.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Reminds me of a buddy I had in college that kept a monitor lizard in his apartment loose. Usually the lazy thing just wandered around not giving a crap about people unless they'd stop to pet or groom him (he usually never bothered to clean the shed skin off his own head). One time the friend sat down with a banana, and you'd think it was the greatest thing in the world to the reptile. He quick ran over and started jumping at him like an excited puppy to get the fruit. :3:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

CronoGamer posted:

Banana slugs are a totally different animal! I'd post a picture here but I don't know that most people would find a 6-inch bright yellow slug to be cute or adorable...

They're the mascot of University of California, Santa Cruz!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

I would just like to personally thank you.
Though I haven't (yet) had to deal with unemployment, depression is a factor that charts the course of my entire life and so getting out and making a difference is a very difficult thing to do. AS this thread is aware, I'm trying to get every last person to register for the bone marrow list and so I commend the crap out of you.

As this topic keeps popping up in this thread, I'm going to need to keep feeling obligated to comment from my side of the fence. I'm someone who has had a very unlucky life in regards to health. My most recent surgery was just this past Thursday. I was lucky this time that things only came out, and I didn't need the assistance of donors. This time. I've needed blood transfusions several times, and organ donations far more than I've had live volunteers. I just wanted to personally say to all of you that give blood and marrow, and all of you that put your name on those donation lists, that you do make a difference. Thank you, you are all each my personal hero, every one of you, and I love you.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Akrabbim posted:

Why not sloths? It seems like those would be easy to domesticate, and easy to take care of. Are they horribly finicky or something?

Their claws are nasty sharp, which is a shame, because they really do seem like personable and friendly creatures if they're used to you.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Domestication of animals is such a neat topic when you actually look into it. If I recall, the Egyptians tried to domesticate pretty much all animals. Their technique was to just stuff food in its mouth. If the animal decided "fine, I'll let you give me food," then they won! Even more interesting though is that domestication isn't even a human invention. There's a bunch of cases all over the animal kingdom of one animal using another in ways that just can't be ignored, whether it's ants turning aphids into livestock and carefully herding them, or cases where one animal makes a home for a second, and the second in return keeps the first safe, pretty much exactly like a guard dog or a pest-hunting cat.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

tehloki posted:

Symbiosis of habitat like the clownfish + anemone could hardly be called domestication. There's no selective breeding or coercion by one party on the other, it's a bidirectional relationship. Ants and aphids, now there's some crazy wildlife domestication poo poo.

I was talking more like cases like the tarantulas in Oklahoma that keep toads they very much could and would regard as prey in their homes, and the toad in turn eats all the far smaller vermin that could harm the tarantula and its babies, which themselves are very much in the toad's prey size range yet get left alone. Which is pretty much exactly the process that developed into our keeping pet cats, and still is for some.

Or shrimp that will make homes for the much larger Gobi fish, who have far better eyesight for predators, protecting both of them like a guard dog who gets a nice doghouse out of it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I absolutely knew this comic was coming before I even went to the new page :D

Also, for the record, pistol shrimp are stone-cold bad asses. They punch so hard they create sonic booms. They literally win in a fight with water.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Astrobastard posted:

Goddammit I've tried so hard to stay away from that Youtube channel and now I've just subscribed.
May as well post mah gifs of a similar one

For the record I am currently planning a hilariously over-elaborate heist to steal your dog. Probably involving a pogo stick and a hang glider.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

The suggestions for the sea lion video led me to this one:

Baby Sea Lion gets a ride from a turtle

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

This is absolutely phenomenal. I love the detail of his little brother dressing as Robin! :3:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Batkid: Working hard so other superheroes don't have to.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Realistically, some cats do react. One of the GF's cats is not at all pleased when she's gone for lengths at a time. Like last summer we went to Florida for a week's vacation, and when she got back, this cat pretty much leaped into her arms and was visibly upset. It was the cat equivalent of "Oh my gosh I missed you so muchIFYOUDOTHATAGAINIWILLENDYOU!! I love you so much please don't leaveORELSE!!"

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

The scientific community needs to really work on miniaturizing and domesticating bears because goddamn are they adorable.

I've been waiting on owning a housebear for over a decade now.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

AtmaHorizon posted:

This is excellent. Thanks!

And one more of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gww9_S4PNV0

I think I like this one even better, because the "surprise" of it is played more genuine.

...and I apologize because that makes me look like a grump regarding the first one, despite it being an incredibly moving and beautiful video.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

^^^No, it's not dusty, you're just distracted by some real, genuine heroes. If I had money to spare, I'd donate to them. They deserve it.

This meanwhile has made me SO happy today. I can't believe some of those balances are possible. And Lucha Dog is a high contender for avatar material, again if I had money.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Obviously it's time to sneak in a whole bunch of orange stickers to put on people's backs without their knowledge.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

That video makes things much less distressing. The gif looks like something is terribly wrong, the video shows that no, the panda's just a dick.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

The pacing corgi was my favorite there...

"Don't you tell me what to do, in my own house making do this, you better not, one of these days I'm gonna..."

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I hate linking to The Chive but they'd really like you to meet a few people.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mattbellassai/the-absolute-greatest-dog-gifs-of-2013

Doggies! :neckbeard:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Nordick posted:

Despite being an ad, this is pretty adorable: A Cat's Guide To Taking Care Of Your Human.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJPJUaZZOss&hd=1

Because yes, cats actually are pretty awesome too.

I am positive this ad is by thread favorite Ze Frank His channel is full of pretty great stuff, most of it worth being in this thread.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

goatface posted:

Your body can do amazing things with not much blood, for a while.

Please donate blood.

Every time donation comes up here, I have to pipe in, despite it being a little over the top. I'm someone who instead has received bodily donations many times, and it is the sole reason I live today, regardless of medical hardships I face. Each and every one of you that donates any part of your body is my hero, and I love you all. Really.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

kinmik posted:

As selfless and uplifting as donating blood and organs are, can we not have another mulitpage derail about who can and can't give blood and who has? I like stories like Helicity's, though. :shobon:

Maybe someone should make a whole thread about the subject somewhere? The subject means a great deal to me, for sure, and your stories uplift me indescribably.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

kinmik posted:

I haven't laughed so hard at a video in a while. She's a saint for not taking the piss out of him. "Eat your cracker." :kimchi:

Taking the piss out of him for finding out that even without his memory back, she's still his dream girl? I think it's mega romantic :3:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

pseudomonkey posted:

Sorry to break up frogchat :frogsiren: but I bring to you Somebody That I'll Never Know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R-I1oIkF-Y

Well drat. I was in the middle of this and all of a sudden a bunch of dust exploded out of my monitor.

Thank you.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Man, those lit up, almost-born ones look like they should be some kind of cgi from some sort of spiritual video or something.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

What makes those Disney type pics end up being really feel good to me are when the characters seem really happy to be making the kids' days.

Also, with that Capt Morgan one, you could have told me he was Capt Hook and I would have believed you. And thought it was weird/cool that girl really liked him.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

cuntvalet posted:

If you can ignore my face, this is my best friend in the whole wide world, Cecil-Proton.

This is how I often read and browse the forums.

I don't know if that'll be uplifting to anybody but myself, but I know it brings a smile to my face.

Isn't it hard to read with Cecil's hair draped over your face like that? I mean sure, it's a nice perch...

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Capitan makes me think-I have no idea where Capys normally live and I'm too lazy to look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

A good people story? I can oblige. This past Saturday, road conditions here in Michigan were just awful. I was driving to my GF's house when I slid out of control and ended up in the steep ditch between the two sides of the highway. The car and I were okay, but I wasn't getting out on my own. While I was on hold to triple a, a man in a pickup came out of nowhere and offered to pull me out, and had the straps to do it. He barely even acknowledged my thanks, let alone any sort of way for me to repay him.

People are awesome. :unsmith:

• Locked thread