Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Crosspostin' from the iPhone thread to get some more opinions:

I bought a iPhone 5 six months ago (that I'm very happy with), and I signed up for AT&T's replacement insurance for ten bucks a month. Does anyone know how their replacement policy / cost compares to other options, such as Apple Care+?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Crosspostin' from the iOS Apps thread:

I've been using DataMan Pro to track data usage on my iPhone, and it has been absolutely fantastic. However I now have an iPad on the same AT&T Mobile Share plan. DataMan doesn't support any kind of syncing or sharing across devices (I asked the dev). Is there an elegant solution to tracking shared data usage across two devices?

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
I have the $130 15GB Mobile Share Value Plan, I was able to bump it up to 30GB for the same price by walking into an AT&T Store a couple of weeks ago and mentioning the promotion outlined earlier in the thread. Apparently Sprint is offering 60GB for $130, but when I called AT&T they said I was ineligible for the newer promotion due to the double data promotion I had been given previously. Maybe that's as good as it gets, maybe I hosed it up when I called AT&T.

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
I'm also in the "I upgraded to 15GB to get 30GB and now realize I would probably be fine with just 15GB" club. I'll go talk to the AT&T store close to me on Wednesday and come back with a trip report.

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Cross-postin' from the iPhone thread:

terre packet posted:

Does the international 6S model (A1688) work on AT&T's network?

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
I have an AT&T iPhone 6+ that I paid off and got AT&T to unlock. I want to give it to family or sell it -- does anyone know if it will work with any of the other big carriers?

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

It will work with AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, and any MVNOs running on their towers.

Thanks! That's good news.

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
How is dealing with AT&T as a customer? I'm considering switching to them since my home is in a coverage dead zone for my current carrier. I'm assuming all the big telco companies are equally awful, but just want to make sure AT&T isn't particularly egregious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

I mean, they all suck. My opinion is ATT is the worse of them, but disclaimer I worked for them and they’re awful to work for. That said, yeah they aren’t great at customer service.

That said, the whole point of having cell service ….is it working, so if it’s that or a dead zone, can’t blame you.

Worst case scenario is you switch away if you aren’t happy or when any contract is over.

Thanks Duckman! I'll try them out for a while.