Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i ate the better half of a mexcan knockoff swiss roll that was infested with maggots. It was pineapple flavor to begin with and the maggots felt and tasted like shaved coconut. They were wriggling in my mouth and it felt like eating a carbonated pina colada. I would have finished it if one of the maggots hadn't crawled out onto the arm of my couch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Desperado Bones posted:

Next time check the expiration date, those things stay in stores for months and months.

I once drank grape juice with mold in the bottom. YUM.

it was that brand, wasn't expired and out of a whole box of them individually wrapped. I'll admit I'd do it again. The maggots wriggling in my mouth against my gums and tongue made it feel like a carbonated solid. I'm not always a fan of coconut flakes but I am a fan of eating maggots.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
what scares me the most is the plastic dinnerware. what kind of people can't wash a circle of surface and a fork?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Alright this is the place to ask this question: Has anybody else unknowngly eaten/bit into something with maggots in it and not really cared?

I ate a knockoff Mexican(pineapple) swiss roll and I got halfway through it before the little bugs made themselves apparent. Before I noticed them I thought they were bits of shaved coconut because they tasted and felt like shaved coconut.
I'd do it again but the odds of getting a maggot infested mexiswiss roll are probably lower than I'd hope.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
chicken hearts are fan-loving-tastic try them sometime they make good stroganoff, barbecue, and apparently soup. They're good(and cheap) meat without any cartilage and the blood that's sometimes in them adds iron to help us with activities. I'll stop here I could go on for hours.

Chicken Feet, on the other hand:

I'll eat a turkey neck any day but not once not ever will i touch pickled chicken feet

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Xoidanor posted:

Are they better then pig hearts? I bought on of those once, sliced it thinly, fried and the cooked in a pot for 4 hours. It was tender and the sauce was fantastic but that distinct aftertaste of iron just wouldn't go away.

I won't go on about how they compare in taste(never had pig heart) but chicken hearts are already bite sized and realistically don't have much prep past putting them in whatever. The most effort to make them edible is applying heat and a toothpick/fork later.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I ate a mayonnaise sandwich last week. Best description would be like marmite on toast except mayonnaise spread thin on white bread. I didn't have any meat, so sue me.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
You can use mayonnaise instead of butter when making toast in the pan and it turns out real good

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The loudmouth in me says that they didn't cook that in a cast iron skillet, likely a stainless steel one. Or/and they flipped that thing too much.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I've always wondered. How do they make the face happen?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

the dry ramen will absorb all the ~toxins~ in your body,

I went to high school with a guy who experienced kidney failure from eating too much ramen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Source: I eat random trash after midnight.

What's it like turning into an uglier, eviler, version of your otherwise friendly, cuddly self?

• Locked thread