Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Is there no new chapter this week? I'm starving for some new Toriko. Electro-Goblin VS Evil Centaur c'monnnn :byodood:

EDIT: Hot drat, there it is! Time to eat read!

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Mar 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Liar posted:

So now Buranchi is an important enough character the he warrants his own side-battle? Or is this a case of Mitsutoshi just having a short attention span when it comes to the main cast?

Somehow I'd have to imagine that someone who can regenerate a new one of himself, seemingly equal in power to the original, from every cell of his body would have a lot of himself floating around. But then again since this is Toriko he probably eats all his copies after every fight.

Yup! Ever since his intro and interactions with Komatsu, Buranchi's been stealing spotlight like a new member of the main characters and I get the feeling he's here to stay. It'd be cool to have another chef on the team, and who better than the best one who isn't evil?

Also: Rule of battle in Toriko. Whatever it is, turn your power into a sword. Electricity, poison, smells, gently caress it, try and cut somebody with it. I'm waiting for Zebra to scream into his hand and make a sound sword.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Nitro have been hyped up over the course of this manga as legendary, insanely powerful end-boss level creatures.

Now Zebra is thrashing them like they're nothing. That should result in power creep complaints but I don't care at all because he's so goddamn awesome.

And he was still only the second coolest thing this chapter because OLD PEOPLE DEATH MATCH.

This manga is so food. I misspelled that but I stopped autocorrect from fixing it because, hey.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I am 1000% down with Toriko's evolution into JoJo's Bizarre Adventure with Hunger Stands.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Sindai posted:

yeah, when was the last time we even saw what was happening with the president? Did we ever?

I could be wrong, but wasn't the last we saw of him when he was getting ready to acquire 'Air' by cutting something with a ridiculously huge knife?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Didn't you read the chapter? Ichiryuu left the Human World, probably including IGO, to (if he survives) Handsome.

I hope he does, too. He's too cool to go out now. :(

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Good chapter, but man, I know it's a shonen manga, but are we really going to forgive Chiyo so quickly? Remember when she sliced out a guy's torso without him even noticing? That poo poo was scary. But I guess if we can forgive Midora after he literally caused space to begin eating his adoptive older brother alive, what the hell, right? Shonen manga.

Two weeks from now is too far away. The world needs to know: God drat it, where are you Coco?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Simoom posted:

Also I'm calling Coco joining Neo, because where else could he even be? :(
I'm still on board with the "melted down into poison completely and is now inside Grinpatch" theory, but that's because Coco is my favorite.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Reiche posted:

The Bishokukai got freaking dismantled by NEO. I wonder what they will look like in the coming chapters.
Despite their villain status up until now, what are the odds of them joining the good guys? I don't know if Starjun can really be forgiven considered his mutilation of Toriko and theft of Komatsu was so recent, but if Neo attacks now and takes Komatsu, I don't think Toriko will hold a grudge.

EDIT: Also seconding happy at seeing Grinpach off his game and Coco back. If he really was drained of poison, I wonder what his fighting style will become? I don't know how much farther he could have gone unveiling secreter poisons every fight, though him having to create new poisons on the fly was cool, if that even happened. I remember it, but my memory is sketchy at best.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Selane posted:

I am just a common "Delicious Hunter"

who even couldn't proctect a cooker....

:negative:

edit: first time I've edited a post to add typos

drat it! I came to post this. This is the saddest, best piece of dialogue I have ever read.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

international owl day posted:

i think he is pretty bummed out at this point

Wouldn't you be?

"Well I just murdered my older brother and devastated human world for no discernible reason, and now most of my evil organization wrecked my base and defected to an even more evil organization. I am literally starving with rage!"

I like to think Gourmet cells replace most major emotions with hunger. Except, of course, the pain of a "delicious hunter" being unable to protect a single cooker. :smith:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Sonata Mused posted:

If you aren't watching the anime, we are on the Sani vs Tommy Rod fight. It is pretty fricken sweet.

What?! Man that feels so recent, I guess the Fest arc was just that long. Gotta go back through the anime and watch some choice moments, I haven't had the time to follow it since the Melk arc I think.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

H.P. Grenade posted:

I wish I could bump this thread with an actual translation rather than this:

http://www.mangabird.com/toriko-264?page=3

But aw man Toriko's back :haw:
I took a look at the first few pages and said "Nope, I'll wait for a real translation."

Then I went, read Beelzebub, and came right back because goddamn it I needs me some Toriko. And drat what a chapter. The scales were already insane before, they seem to have gotten even crazier now. Can't wait for the inevitable flashbacks to figure out how the hell we went from entering Gourmet World to Toriko of the Apes featuring Komatsu. Also, Capsule Corp! That ought be interesting.

Also, anyone else catch themselves thinking, "Man, Komatsu's grown up!" but then remembered he's like in his twenties? That's always weird.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Rudoku posted:

gently caress, Toriko should've put the garlic on his full course. I like that the only boring ingredient on there so far is the BB Corn.
Ah yes, the 20-story tall super-tough popped corn that has to be heated by a volcano in order to pop and feed a hundred people. So boring! :colbert:

Just kidding, it is sort of boring. I think the Rainbow Fruit is comparatively more boring, but it also looks more delicious. It also made me check the Toriko wiki, where I found out that it "ranked 28th in the first Popularity Poll with 23 votes, tieing with the Grinpatch." And that's hilarious.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Nahxela posted:

http://www.mangapanda.com/toriko/269

Komatsu love interest, go

And it looks like we're going to revisit that one house

I cannot wait for the Toriko/Grandpappy Nitro chat. I don't know why but I'm excited for it.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The Coco/Zebra scene about the pond was the absolute best. I missed comedy Toriko.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

glassyalabolas posted:

spoilers ahoy

7. Miraculously, the four kings pulls off another "Dinner of Kings" which may be enough to defeat Joa.

:what: Really? They're gonna try and end it with the Hunger Bomb? I love Toriko, but that was a really weak finisher even when it was first used.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Appetite Demons. I cannot wait for the Gourmet World.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Quinn has a Snake Backpack.

That was the best part of a great chapter.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

alkanphel posted:

When I saw those weird demon faces, I thought they were related to the Old Man Daruma that Brunch always mentioned.

I thought so too! Nobody's said it but maybe everyone's thinking it: could this be the Bewitching Food World that Brunch is from? He said it was in the Gourmet World, didn't he?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

It happened like four or five times but the Old Man Daruma dying gag killed me every single time.

Also I like how Zebra's can make even just "Can hear a huge guy who talks quietly" seem badass.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

drat, the atmosphere on those last pages is intense. Scatter Nail Punch was pretty badass, can't wait to see what the author will actually show of this fight. I could have read a whole 'nother chapter of just the gang talking flanked by increasing angry close-up panels of Heracle's face, so to actually get to the action this fast is awesome.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

This is the first time I've seen a character's hair color become a plot point when the color wasn't white. That's pretty neat.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I had to stop for a few seconds there to let the "Holy poo poo"'s process out of my system. God drat what a chapter, that was almost as satisfying as OP two weeks ago. I love Toriko. (Character and Manga)

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Are we not going to talk about Train Shark? Because he's amazing. Love that Toriko.

I wish he hadn't said the monkey king "eclipses" the Horse King tho. On par with or exceeds maybe, but the Horse along blasted half of Toriko off, how in the world are they supposed to touch something that much stronger?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

This was a fun, ridiculous series and I'm going to be sad next week when the Monkey King Bambina brutally murders our protagonists.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

loving satellites. This manga is the best.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

That was loving awesome. Even if he won by not cooking? C'mon Yuda. He coulda done it tho.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

dragon enthusiast posted:

the running theme for toriko is "i don't understand it but hahaha that was loving awesome"

I think this is generally more applicable, given Toriko's energy level and content.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

This manga is hosed up and incredible.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Monkey Murder was Not Cool. :(

Everything Else was SO COOL.

I like how there's so much going on and I'm not sure if I wanna see more about the incoming apocalypse or some cooking.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Shugojin posted:

Oh, hey! You captured Don Slime! Oh, what am I up to? Oh, not much, not much. Just punched one of the Eight Kings in the face.

"Hm? 'Should you hang up?' Nah, it's cool, I can talk."

I can't wait for cooking showdown flashbacks.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Toriko just has a LOT of poo poo to cover and is going at rocket speed, it's not going to end anytime soon! Don't put that evil on me!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Toriko is too cool to be canceled.

Deer King is too big to fail.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

unprofessional posted:

"Next year." :'(

Yeah, that jumped out at me too. Is this one of those weird Jump things where their years change at a certain issue number or does that really mean no more Torikos until January? I can't deal with that!

EDIT: That would be gross! Haha, topical. :shobon: for reals I worry about cook-punch manga

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

THIS... IS... KOMATSU!

Badass. Even though I still don't know why doing that to Air would count as cooking, Toriko loving sells it.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

glassyalabolas posted:

Toriko will release on Sunday/Monday until further notice. Let us all weep.

Actually, it only feels like it took that long! Translation is done in the Back Channel now, so Toriko is already out and the entertainment flavor is at 120%!

Somehow I don't think that golden chef hats are necessary at all, but I loving love that they have them. Golden pot-making and knife-making were pretty hype too.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Death Bot posted:

new chapter: http://readms.com/r/toriko/349/3082/1

everythings still crazy

Appetite Demon Soul World Cruise Liner is some wacky poo poo that could only exist in Toriko and it's amazing. Shame we didn't get to see some food-demony transformations for the other chefs though, just Komatsu's "Air-Cooking" form. Which was still neat.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

This cracked my poo poo up.

Also did not expect Moon to get taken out, I thought Moon took it out immediately.

Also Toriko is the best manga because I read Moon as the actual satellite of earth Moon and did not skip a beat. "poo poo Acacia ate the moon? I thought Don Slime broke it. I wonder why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

And they're the good guys. I love this loving manga.

• Locked thread