Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Crunkjuice posted:

You are. Toriko didn't take any food memories from Livebearer. He was disgusted by the whole notion of it. Coco didn't either, Livebearer just told him what he wanted to know.

Yes he did. In chapter 171 he said he wanted a memory, then it cut to the scene where the president meets the Bishokukai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

How exactly does a voice machinegun work?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Wooo new chapter:
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/170669/toriko_ch233_by_hi-wa-mata-noboru/1

That was literally, the gayest Toriko I have ever read. Literally.

Terror Sweat fucked around with this message at 04:44 on May 16, 2013

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Meme Emulator posted:

I really hope this arc ends soon, its dragging as bad as Ice Hell. I really think Toriko should only fight wierd beasts, and those fights should take, like, 2 chapters long at most. Bring on the culinary adventures!

This arc only started to drag when the author decided to show us one on one fights that take up entire issues. Show a bunch of fights per issue, and make them last 1-2 chapters long.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

One Punch is a comedy, not a battle manga.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

How odd that Sani of all people was the only one of the 4 kings to win his big fight.

Please don't get cocky.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Pawl posted:

The food needed to create a baby could just be fed to the pig instead. Unless the pigs only eat humans, in which case who the hell thought it was a good idea to domesticate an animal like that?

Only Toriko is absurd enough to make me question the thermodynamics of using human babies as fodder.

The pigs are probably special pigs that greatly raise their flavour potential when they dine on newborns.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Shugojin posted:

Seriously where the hell is he?

Sucked up and is now coursing through the straw guys veins as a poison that is slowly eroding him.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

international owl day posted:

I get the feeling that this is their planet.

Toriko is gonna eat all of them.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Tolth posted:

Toriko will eat all of them.

There is always one true constant in the world of Toriko.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Shugojin posted:

I really wanna know how being kidnapped by Starjyun is going to work out for Komatsu. I'm calling he gets some sort of weird cooking powerup out of being faced with something cool.

Or else the IGO/Bishokukai team up occurs and the kidnap subplot ends with Starjyun awkwardly returning Komatsu and joining his muscle harem.

I really hope they don't inject him with any type of cells. He should stay the same way.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Seebach posted:

The thing is we were given context as to what happened to the land in human world via Meteor Spice, but to lose oceans teeming with life (and alcohol).

I just want to put this under plot hole mistake.

Unless of course Meteor spice hits water, and just nukes everything living upon contact.

So desserts of rice and oceans of booze were lost.

Well a bunch of bishoukai switched sides and left, and 3 of the 4 heavenly kings were just dicking around for a year, so there probably werent too many people gathering these dangerous ingredients that did survive.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Mr. Maltose posted:

Pretty sure that was Heracles exhaling, possibly huffing in anger.

I can't wait for the other three kings to realize they're filler.

One breath is the equivalent of the Atlantic Ocean. If he's huffing, it's gonna be serious

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Seebach posted:

New Toriko Chapter!!!

This is getting pretty amazing.

Komatsu is totally going to somehow be able to lift the kitchen knife with some sort of delicate "Food Luck" Strength

And Herac Kick causes Earthquakes.

The knife that Melkite made for him is made out of one of the 8 kings' teeth. He will use that

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

PFlats posted:

Were Terry and the rest running away from or toward the ruckus? I really can't tell.

Probably towards

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Cornwind Evil posted:

How the gently caress does Fork armor even work.

How does a voice machinegun work? Is zebra just saying ratatatatatatatatatatatata, maybe pew pew pew

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Punc posted:

Holy poo poo Toriko, what the gently caress?

Toriko - end of prologue

Oh man that would own

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The only good food imagination is when a characters head is on a plate and is about to be served up for the main course in a fancy restaurant

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

These injuries seem to be getting bigger and bigger. Eventually Toriko is gonna recover from an injury where all he has left is his brain, tongue, throat and stomache

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

You gotta have the taste buds, what's the point otherwise

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

But Bambina looked so disappointed... :sigh:

He was having so much fun and didn't want it to end so he sabotaged the dance so they would do it again

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The only good Nitro is a dead nitro

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

KittenofDoom posted:

I think Bambina was upset that he was apparently "rejected" because he wasn't kissed at the end of the dance. When they "kissed" both Bambina and Toriko saw what they both desired most: Bambina saw a lady monkey and Toriko saw Komatsu.

Nah He wasn't upset at all. The whole chapter he was just trying to grab them and kiss (or bite) them on the lips. He probably just thought they were playing hard to get. If he was upset they would be dead. Every single action he does is either grabbing them or going after them with his face

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Fabricated posted:

It turns out that it's literally the underworld. Komatsu will die and Toriko and friends will have to literally eat death itself to get him back.

Well it's a good thing one of Acacia's meals can revive the dead

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Batmasterson posted:

Count me in for the camp that hopes Kaka gets stomped here. While this is probably the time to show how strong she is, you also have to consider that she was unwilling to come to the area with the Sandorikos and Bambina seems to feel no affects of the allergies.

Bambina has been crying the whole time, he would just rather dance instead of get out of there

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Reiche posted:

The horse king was really cool for its breath powers but in the end, she was just a pregnant mom. It's hard to go too crazy with that. I hope at the end of the manga, the Kings all end up befriending the gang and get either help out against the final Big Bad or get to join in the world's largest party banquet :3

Still put up more of a fight than the first battle wolf we saw

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yeah Kaka is Blue Nitro, and the first the Muscle Harem has met.
Of course shes gonna survive that and become the shonen revenge villain.

When Toriko literally reached into Komatsu and grabbed his heart, I balked.

They met that other guy way back during the arc in the sky

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The last panel was really sweet

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Crunkjuice posted:

Refresh my memory. Guemon and the other dude were loyal 0th biotope members right? If so, that means the president should also be in negative space somewhere since they were killed at the same time?

Probably, but maybe he wants to die in peace?

Also just so we're clear, these guys ate a bunch of monkey jizz and it turned them into women

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Then who was giving the infodump before getting stabbed and taken away?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Hopefully this means that the next arc is Turtle King

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I thought all that cure water revived her corpse or whatever and the demon inside took over

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

wait wait wait, Chaco is a guy?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Was it ever mentioned before that Jirou used knocking on himself as a limiter because I don't remember that part if it was mentioned. :stare:

Its mentioned that Acacia sealed him

And drat, I don't even remember Don Slime, I gotta reread the newer stuff

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Shugojin posted:

He's the ruler of the crazy cooking town in a big clam that all the chefs are in right now.

But he was also living inside Ichiryuu for the past 200 years? Has he only been king for like 6 months or something? I dont really get this food spirit stuff

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

What happened to the cooking contest inside the clam.

We needed setup to show that the cooking king is the strongest being there is

DiggityDoink posted:

Ichi only got killed recently and aren't they in Spirit World now?

Thats what I'm saying. How can he be the king if he was Ichi's food stand? Unless the spirits can do whatever the gently caress they want in spirit world until they are summoned by their host. Or was he released by Ichi's death and has been king for only two years

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I think he dropped Don Slime off when he first came to town.

I think the don's been around longer then that. "Ichi was the only guy stronger than the don"

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

glassyalabolas posted:

Komatsu found the can didn't he?

Yeah, it was a quick panel a little while back

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

dragon enthusiast posted:

how do you remember something like this

some other guys comments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU