Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

its good cooking is going to win, as thats what the manga is really about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

oda does it again

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
The nitos are going to feed the planet earth to lavos in order to make lavos reach it's dragon ball esque final form. Jirou responds by pulling a tent peg from his heart and turning into a pompadoured werewolf, but not before threatening to destroy the planet by striking it with his hand. Meanwhile, Lavos escapes by transporting it's self to the afterlife. A lavos pod lands near the monkey King, a mr T esque plot by lavos to devour the monkey kings balls.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

jesus christ jirou :stonk:

Cody Banks
Mar 7, 2013
The next chapter could focus on any random subplot and I'd still be hyped as gently caress. Everything is cool and good.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

The nitos are going to feed the planet earth to lavos in order to make lavos reach it's dragon ball esque final form. Jirou responds by pulling a tent peg from his heart and turning into a pompadoured werewolf, but not before threatening to destroy the planet by striking it with his hand. Meanwhile, Lavos escapes by transporting it's self to the afterlife. A lavos pod lands near the monkey King, a mr T esque plot by lavos to devour the monkey kings balls.

I know you're joking but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out Jirou isn't exactly human.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Did we decide not to bother with spoilers anymore? I think the manga transcended the need for spoilers a couple chapters back anyway.

Seriously, it sounds like we're just making up poo poo but we so are not :allears:

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

I don't think this manga can be predicted anymore at this point.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Terror Sweat posted:

Yeah, it was a quick panel a little while back

how do you remember something like this

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

dragon enthusiast posted:

How do you not remember some one-off then-meaningless detail from like 2 years ago *scoffs*

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I hope Jirou has at least three more power-up needles in him.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Spiderdrake posted:

He's going to power him up with the might of better cooking, better than all other cooking, that he learned from the 980 million side characters. And it's going to make sense, somehow.

Also I am seriously impressed with the art in this chapter.

I am loving the design on the Blue Nitros, they look so distinct but at the same thematically linked.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

davidHalestorm posted:

I am loving the design on the Blue Nitros, they look so distinct but at the same thematically linked.

Sad Air got killed off. Even if Midora did the work, he was the one who killed Ichiryuu.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Pair is not currently with the Blue Nitros at the moment, right?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

You can add in that Lavos is Canned in the near future and sent back in time, but will be un-canned shortly after having been discovered by Toriko and Pals and have to be truly defeated by the Four Kings.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I can't believe the only way to defeat the ultimate food monster is to can it. This goddamn manga.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Jirou responds by pulling a tent peg from his heart and turning into a pompadoured werewolf

New thread title.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Patware posted:

I can't believe the only way to defeat the ultimate food monster is to can it. This goddamn manga.
I wonder if they've tried pickling it or maybe smoking it into venison?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Besides all that awesomeness/insanity, my curiosity is piqued by the last page; I wonder how Bambina is going to take the arrival of the Neo spawn. Is he going to clown it like Jirou did, or... I rather hope he doesn't die. I quite like him.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The NEO Spawn ate Jirou's arm, can't say it was really clowned.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

That one Nitro's face is reminding me heavily of an Anomalocaris.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hah, just remembered that Ichiryuu means First Dragon so Second Wolf isn't that far away from him.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

The NEO Spawn ate Jirou's arm, can't say it was really clowned.

It got fixed in one throwaway panel, thing got clowned as gently caress

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Hah, just remembered that Ichiryuu means First Dragon so Second Wolf isn't that far away from him.

And Mi-dora is Third Tiger.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

AnonSpore posted:

It got fixed in one throwaway panel, thing got clowned as gently caress

Yeah, considering that he's fine now and it's in space, I don't think my description of events was inaccurate.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Also that was before he un-sealed his powers.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009

Cody Banks posted:

The next chapter could focus on any random subplot and I'd still be hyped as gently caress. Everything is cool and good.

Yes this! Unlike so many other series where they cut to the b-plt when things get interesting, here there is no b-plot and so many great things are happening at the same time you don't care where they cut to.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Rynder posted:

Yes this! Unlike so many other series where they cut to the b-plt when things get interesting, here there is no b-plot and so many great things are happening at the same time you don't care where they cut to.

This really shines in the Cooking Fest arc. There was sooooo much going and so many characters doing insane things that jumping around often made the weekly chapters really entertaining!

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

some other guys comments

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Toriko 341 is out

Battle-Wolf and Toriko reunion :swoon:

glassyalabolas fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Oct 1, 2015

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
The only thing I'm going to be pissed about is he's totally going to cut-out the cooking contest.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh god all this set up
All of these things

I want to see all the things

Reading this as a complete volume would kick so much rear end

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hah, so Emperor Crow is as much as poisonous as Coco. Goddamn I want to see the 8 Kings vs the Acacia monsters fight so much

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Monkey Murder was Not Cool. :(

Everything Else was SO COOL.

I like how there's so much going on and I'm not sure if I wanna see more about the incoming apocalypse or some cooking.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Bambino is great. Just playfully exploding 'A' with his knee because why not?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah sure I'll just break the speed of light why not :effort:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah sure I'll just break the speed of light why not :effort:

Ehhh the speed of light in a medium can be broken, it happens all the time in submersed reactors where neutrinos move faster in water than light does, because light bounces around a lot and neutrinos can't be assed to do much of anything, ever.

Also this is Toriko and it's some sort of weird ghost fish and maybe the realm of spirits is Moon's stomach or something???

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
I love that the Whale King is so huge that he doesn't even know where his stomach is. Acacia's demon got clowned the moment it landed on the water

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I want them to go back to the cooking battle, and not one millimeter farther.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Green Intern posted:

I want them to go back to the cooking battle, and not one millimeter farther.
Yeah, the universe punching is cool but we were in the middle of a cooking battle in a food manga dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
Things that would greatly annoy me: next chapter - every King won its battle off-screen and the cooking competition was also won off-screen. I want to see each and every battle dammit!

• Locked thread