Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

WHERE IS THE TOMMYROD MEMORIAL

I feel the op needs it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

SO amazing of a chapter no one even mentioned yuda apparently stabbing his limbs back together after being cut in half earlier.

Also Zebra's Aura just going :buddy:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I found the reason this chapter was so amazingly homoerotic. Mitsutoshi found out about the 100 page chapter of One punch man and realized he had to do something to counter the power of Murata and his chapter full of naked/near naked muscled (fish)men duking it out

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Batmasterson posted:

Can anyone explain to me Toriko's face on page 4? His expression doesn't really match up with the next page.

Page 5 is starjun

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

ANIME AKBAR posted:

I was fine with food honor, but this is sort of bullshit. And it's extremely un-Toriko. The solution to everything should be "get really hungry and eat that thing," not "believe in the secret."

Believing you are ALREADY FED is perfectly normal for toriko:colbert:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Kung Food posted:

It was revealed that the fork and knife stuff are physical manifestations of his appetite, just like the PacMan that killed the four beast. So he is summoning actual utensils made out of Eatanium.

The most flavorful form of nium.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

So Toriko literally summoned his inner spirit (demon) out of their mutual rage at starjun? Also

Hey

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Seebach posted:

I think he means that Komatsu would literally cut the "evil" out of people.

This last chapter... just... wow. I was surprised that him being amputated was an actual thing. That turnaround sequence at the, "Who's there?". Priceless

That said, Can we go to Gourmet world and eat some beasts?

How soon do we forget that tommyrod blasted away Toriko's arm a long time ago? not even amputated he completely destroyed it up to the shoulder piece by piece, it being in two pieces should be comparitively easy to fix

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

So did he cut teppei into pieces and clone him or something? I'm going with that and delicious roast teppei as well

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Rainbow Pony Deluxe posted:

Does a revitalizing knife regenerate limbs for you?

Works on anything short of death according to what we know. Starjun was going to use something else as his knife was broken.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

A Beast as strong as Derous would probably have stupendous regeneration

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

So he did Literally cook Teppei... into a MINION!.

Never change Toriko :allears:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

glassyalabolas posted:

Chapter 243

Jirou is loving awesome. I can't describe his manly manliness. He can knock the entire earth to stop everything in its tracks, even water. :allears:

Well, that is a thing. also double chapter post you guys.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Next chapter Jirou reveals that he already ate God on accident, assuming he was just some random mook.

Considering that Jirou, IGO president, and Bishoukai leader were all disciples of acacia, they may have already eaten god once before.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I don't see how Starjyun doesn't just instantly die here. Like, maybe my power creep-o-meter is off, but I can't see Toriko landing a hit on Setsuno, Jirou, or Frohze at his current level. But he was able to not get immediately murdered when fighting Starjyun and was even able to pull out all of his insides at some point. I honestly don't see what Starjyun plans to accomplish going against a man that can knock the planet and a woman who can cook your mind.

Numbers game, Starjun is strong enough that it wouldn't be instant death, and him + jirou + setsuno is getting to be bad odds for "frohze".

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Told you starjun + jirou + setsuno would be too much for "frohze"

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Pawl posted:

The only thing more ridiculous in this chapter is the sword on the same page.

But we have seen the knife before,

:3: Wanna pet dat catteopus.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Batmasterson posted:

Over 500 years ago haha. Subtly throwing in the huge superfluous numbers in even in this fight.

No that's been the huge deal all throughout, Setsuno, Drunk guy, Igo President, and Midora are all 500 years old and knew Acacia

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

KoB posted:

Sani straight up ate a dude.

His hair ate the dude, he the dude was ok with it and planned to eat Sani regardless.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

It's gonna be real sad when Midora eats God and can't even tell what it tastes like. :smith:

The point might be that it could be the only thing he could ever taste, and he just wants to taste SOMETHING.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

glassyalabolas posted:

Chapter 255

everyone lives! and Setsuno is still a badass

Ogre Limbs!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Midora's face is all, Let's rock shitfucker at the end. :chef: Maybe blue nitro are TASTY.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Wait, aren't there like 30 billion people on the planet? How the hell is a 500 meter pile of food supposed to feed even a fraction of that? For once I am disappointed in the scale of food in toriko :colbert:

Starjyun is already in the muscle harem, even if he doesn't know it yet.

That stash is just for one area, they even talk about others being accessed, so 500 meter tall several miles in other directions pile of food should be good for a billion or so, I assume they got another 50 lying around.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

unprofessional posted:

Did Alforo just kill Grin?

I think he just threatened him, "Shape up and shake it off you loser" kind of thing

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

It's the Why Doesn't Reed Richards Cure Cancer conundrum applied to food.

Actually it isn't, the goal is God which is supposed to cure all the worlds ills.

We Better Get a FLASHBACK on that timeskip.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Meteor spice basically took out anything easy to get, your capture level 4s and lower, 5+ can take out tanks and oh poo poo the igo got its rear end handed to it and the tech destroyed.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Seebach posted:

I was a bit embarassed with the episode...

However, I love them faces that Joa makes.

:ohdear: I feel like I am about to be baked into a souffle.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Huzzah! posted:

New chapter out.

"I don't really get it, but take your clothes off, Komatsu-kun!"

THIS IS JUST AN ORDINARY APPLE... with a tiny bit of acacia's full course smell on it.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I am completely lost, but in a good way... never fails to disappoint me does toriko, all of this poo poo out of the blue but it completely makes sense?

Red oni/blue oni is so drat clear, as to cure water, already brought up as existing bit of an asspull that we didn't see it earlier but not something out of the blue either

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

The air is basically water it will be hard to move... EXCEPT MY POWERS ARE SOUND BASED AND THUS BOOSTED

:allears: Zebra.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

MegaCharger posted:

I was wondering when the baddies will show up, cause we never had a real fight since they went into gourmet world. Can't wait to see what the guys can do now that they had ate Air and can partially control their demons. And Komatsu is totally safe, cause Coco just explained how eating air gives you wolverine-ish regeneration abilities.

Also the guy told him to only sleep for a little while so persumably right after eating air getting your heart wrecked probably won't end you... also wouldn't komatsu have maybe a vial of Cure Water?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

So it was just an instructor, also that isn't his food demon, thats his face! ugly, possibly bloated and obese, fucker?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Spiderdrake posted:

I don't remember if they really defined capture levels as a concept of skill and preparation until later on in the manga, but I was summing my feeling at the very start of reading Toriko. At the beginning it sounds like a really good pitch for a JRPG, and a lot of it feels inspired by that.

Unfortunately, I also feel like the manga has kinda lost that element once they moved to the Gourmet world, which rather sucks to notice.

They did exactly that with the special preperation poison puffer fish. High capture level unless you don't care about the poison then it is less than 1. which is signified by <1.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

ahahahahahah

Toriko: Okay we just gotta get used to it step by... what are you all staring a... OH gently caress

PERFECT, a masterstroke :allears:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

All Coco did was make poison leg stilts, which are what the monkey king kicked out. I like that it wasn't imagination and that nobody died we don't know what happened to zebra himself but coco got loving impaled on spikes by the sneeze and toriko is down an arm... again.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Seebach posted:

New Toriko #309!!

Bambina reaches the heavens to sleep soundly... literally.

:getin:

That was a great chapter and still the series shows no signs of stopping.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

nerdz posted:

I think I stopped reading this manga around episode 70, and decided to take a look at what was happening at the moment. That was quite the experience.

Don't you feel terrible now? GO RE READ THE ENTIRE THING TO EXPUNGE YOUR SHAME.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

Then what's the deal with the giant tree?

Never seen a tree with condoms launched into the branches?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

K. Flaps posted:

Oh all the pets are kings too? I must have forgot. Well, that still leaves two possible spots for some sort of divine bovine king. :pray:

They are younger members of that species, as explained with hercules, there are many phantom horse Heracs, but only one Hercules.

I predict kaka gets an asswhupping to remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

octobernight posted:

Don't forget the key step of making the balls touch. If it's not gay as long as the balls don't touch then....

That only applies to multiple sets of balls, since only one set was involved it cannot be gay.

• Locked thread