Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Midora is going to get wrecked in five seconds and the power scale for this manga is going to go completely out the window

Are you sure? I think this manga went out the window, over the fence, down three blocks and en route to the airport already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Tolth posted:

Turns out GOD is a unique substance found in Battle Wolf meat during the eclipse. Toriko eats Terry alive to power up during the final battle. No remorse is shown.

No remorse, only gratitude.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

just a butt posted:

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/211670/toriko_ch261_by_hi-wa-mata-noboru

Why would they let poisonous ingredients anywhere even near an orphanage

To be fair, even in real life there are foods like that. Notably cassava which is poisonous is not prepared properly. Most tubers like potatoes are similarly harmful when not prepared properly, though not quite as deadly.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
There is no :3: big enough for the look on Komatsu's face at the end of that chapter

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Chinaman7000 posted:

Zebra's horse is so preposterous already, I don't know. The thing is already bigger than a city.

In the Gourmet World, size and scale get thrown out the window. In just this last chapter, there was a turtle with what amounted to an entire castle on its back and it was easily dwarfed by other creatures in the wild.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Shugojin posted:

Toriko: Sunny with a chance of Mountains

Fixed it for you

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Cody Banks posted:

If Mitsutoshi doesn't invoke string theory for Sunny's ultimate power-up I will be very disappointed.

Nah, it'll be Life Fibers

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

Man I misread that. So does this mean they were eating some weird growth on those things, or is it more like dandruff?

The smoke is either just that thick or it became that thick upon condensing.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
PAIR is obviously the Monkey King's piss after ingesting some high quality ingredients.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Shugojin posted:

Pair is the soup, so whatever it is it's gotta be liquid. Toriko will not break food logic quite that far.

e: And it probably won't be tears because we already did that in the Gourmet Pyramid.

Well it's a soup made from whatever it is, so it could still be anything from some bones to its hair.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Batmasterson posted:

My favorite thing about this manga is that all of this speculation is completely feasible, and probably no where near as ridiculous as Pair will actually be.

I don't think anyone could predict AIR being a giant air filled fruit, so I doubt we'd be able to predict what PAIR is. It'll both less and more ridiculous than anything we guess.

New guess: PAIR is made of swellings from being hit on the head, but it requires one on top of the other or else it heals right away or something.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Shugojin posted:

Coco status: loving terrifying :stare:

I'm surprised Sunny is comfortable with a move that vomits attacks back since vomiting isn't exactly an elegant thing.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kenshi posted:

Well, as we all guessed, "Pair" is the Monkey King's testicles.

...and it is supposed to be a soup dish.

So you just put it in some water or stock and make a broth as its essence permeates through the whole thing. Soup!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
That was a bit of a dick move on Sunny's part. Real men never aim there. :colbert:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Nahxela posted:

Maybe the sound of those balls were enough to resuscitate Komatsu, at least temporarily.

I assume kidnap Komatsu or something like that. Maybe try to find that cook book he took from the Pyramid?
He's been talked up as an important dude, and it wouldn't be the first time someone tried to nab him.

Supposedly Komatsu got a glimpse of some special book that contained a bunch of old and important food preparation techniques iirc before it was destroyed

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
i guess that means the dance had to be sealed with a kiss/bite

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Oh, she's possible, sure.

I think Toriko himself changed his, actually. I remember him or someone changing theirs at some point. Wish I could recall the specifics. It definitely happened, though. (I think.)

Toriko's Salad actually changed last arc to Air

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

If you properly cook the poison ivy, I'm sure you'll get the antidote. Isn't that how things work?

That's vaguely how it works with snake venom if you look at it in the right way

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I hate Zonge so having Bambina fall in love with him is excellent.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

NowonSA posted:

I like that Kaka's spirit wants to give them game-changing information and they won't always be able to see her, but they're all too busy partying to listen to her. Also, Sandoriko as a full course item is hilarious, Coco's going to have like the most dangerous to eat full course ever, just poison stuff and lethal crying plants.

Looking forward to seeing what a cooking gourmet demon can do.

The Sandoriko is is Hors d'oeuvre. I assume he'll have another course right after that does the opposite where it overhydrates the body to the point of death.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Green Intern posted:

Komatsu is well on his way to becoming a food shaman or whatever.

Komatsu well become good Jesus

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Looking forward to the moon whale being the Regal Mammoth 2.0. Another is going to be its eggs (caviar). Getting each item on Acacia's full course is going to require helping one of the eight kings get laid or give birth, or something.

ANOTHER is likely a different creature, given that the Moon Whale is the boss, but only seems to be related in that it'll make getting ANOTHER harder. Also, ANOTHER is what's supposed to make the Stardust Rivers in Area Six so I doubt it would be any sort of caviar.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

So we have an Atlantis-like civilization? Surrounded by 4-digit capture level creatures?

I'm gonna hazard a guess and say the whale king is a camping monster.

And the difficulty is actually getting inside since its strength allowed its inhabitants to thrive

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Green Intern posted:

I never thought that a cooking manga would touch on forced labor and eugenics, but here we are.

I think we left the cooking part of this manga a long time ago...

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Though the real question is why did Blue Shell turn this into a deathmatch. They just lost one of their best chefs.

The body's gone, but the spirit remains. Otoh, the country is pretty secretly nefarious as Komatsu is finding out so getting the best chefs and ditching the rest might be part of a larger plan.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Absolutely nothing happened in this chapter. On the other hand :asoiaf:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Hah, so Emperor Crow is as much as poisonous as Coco. Goddamn I want to see the 8 Kings vs the Acacia monsters fight so much

I don't know if it's poisonous on it's own or because it's flying over a lake of super strong poison and the back draft from its wings just kicks all of it up

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

pnumoman posted:

Yeah, it definitely feels like it's wrapping up. I have no clue why, but too much stuff is getting to the endgame way too quickly.

Very sad to see, whatever the reason.

Toriko's was probably a victim of the expectations thrust upon it as the battle shonen to fill in the spot that was to be left behind by Naruto. Unfortunately, it's probably not as popular as they expected and now they're going to just push it out the door as they continue to look for their next hit and try to continue to glory age of having Naruto, One Piece and Bleach all running at full quality. HxH and Togashi being what it is also doesn't help seeing as it could help shore up sales. Jump just needs to deal with not having such good series right now and let their current series run as necessary.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Seebach posted:

So is there a reason that Coco's Demon is hanging out at the gateway with all the others?

Also, they spent decades inside the clam? Plural? Over an ammount of 3 weeks?

The Hyperbolic Time Bivalve

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

DiggityDoink posted:

im gonna guess we flash back on them like every other chapter has been doing

Yeah, we're still in one long flashback do we'll probably get back around to it at some point.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Green Intern posted:

You be the Jesus, Komatsu. You be the Jesus.

Edit: Actually this is more like Food Buddha. Foodha.

Komatsu shall be one of many Gourmetsattva

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
When everyone's demon was out I believe Komatsu's was out as well, but it was obscured by someone else's demon.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

I seriously stared at it for a good minute or two and that never occurred to me. He looks so shiny!

I'm sure Sunny would appreciate the compliment to his hair (demon)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

If there's one thing that's disappointed me about the recent chapters, it's that like all of Acacia's main course are just gelatinous blobs. They're eating the seafood dish with a spoon come on

That's a good fish dish if you can eat it with a spoon.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Green Intern posted:

The rotation of the galaxy...it's like a giant blender, making the universe into a smoothie!

Nah, it's too slow to be a blender. It's the stirring of a grand galactic pot, making sure all of the ingredients are mixed as it slowly cooks and ripens.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

No, that was the apple in Chichi's house from the beginning of the Gourmet World arc. It was laced with an unknown ingredient that made everyone's demons go nuts.

Some people guessed the ingredient was GOD or CENTER.

Wasn't it that it had picked up some of GOD's aroma?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

antavila posted:

Is it confirmed that this is 100% Acacia talking and not Neo just taken over using Acacia's body as a host?

I have been assuming all this time that Acacia probably was a good guy and that Neo just wants to trigger all these people by talking poo poo to them.

There's probably a part of Acacia that actually was a good person. Unfortunately his food demon wanted exactly none of that feel good poo poo, but Acacia tried his best to suppress it until he died.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Law Cheetah posted:

i dont get how they came back to life. how did they come back to life. im not following this. didnt tommyrod get eaten by hair? whats happening. are they good guys now???

With the hair stuff, I believe it was mentioned in an earlier chapter concerning Sunni's food demon. The hair contains the memories of whatever it ate I think so it could reproduce them at a later time.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Batmasterson posted:

So all that was left of Sunny and Coco was their hair and clothes?

Which means they probably 100% escaped or that's actually them in disguise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Give him a single nanometer, he takes a lightyear

• Locked thread