Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Batmasterson posted:

Someone was asking how the centaur came to be and we found out right away! One thing I do really like about this manga is that characters usually explain what and why they are pretty quickly.

Did you say handsome?

Reiche posted:

Toriko is peak shounen so the quicker you can get over the immense power inflation, the more you can sit back and enjoy all the manliness. And Komatsu.

We haven't even left the human world yet!

Matoi Ryuko fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Mar 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

So is Joa the guy who cut up and ate Teppei, and then stiched him up? Teppei's eye scars were changed after meeting with "him", but it remains to be seen if that "him" is actually Joa, but I am pretty sure this is the connection they are attempting to make in this chapter, isn't it?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Seebach posted:

If this is true, Joa's true identity may infact also be the 4th National Treasure, Mohyan Shaishai, as I interpreted that his dissapearance was a sign that he was the mastermind behind the four beasts resurrection, and thus the puppet master that Teppei followed.

That would be a very odd roundabout, or it could be that Shaishai is a member of Neo as well, or that he and Joa could be related in some way. Good catch for tin foil hats.

This means we have to go back and look at every character's eye scars now.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Imagine the powerup after Toriko and Komatsu actually have sex.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

The_Angry_Turtle posted:

Naked muscle demon is pleased with the food techniques taught to you by Master Penis. Now go save your twink.

Strangely enough, Naked Muscle Demon is actually wearing more clothes than Toriko.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Gyges posted:

So I just finished catching up on this. For so long I didn't understand how people were so pumped about a manga about eating food. Now I understand because holy gently caress. Do kind of wish the manga was about Zebra and his mentor Granny Setsu though.

I did accidentally click on this thread and read that Tommyrod was eaten before I got there. So at least that was a surprise because I kept trying to figure out how the gently caress Zebra was going to jump in on that fight. I mean seriously, Sunny is the first one of them to openly jump on the cannibalism train? I also feel bad every time Rin shows up. How is it that no one's had the heart to tell her that Toriko is, like, super gay?

In such a short time Toriko has become my favorite manga, and I think you can understand why now.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

The_Angry_Turtle posted:

Coco getting defeated off panel is one of the most disapointing things this manga has ever done. Hopefully its a fake-out and we actually get to see them doing something.

He turned into the poison in Grinpach's blood.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I think Toriko lost a leg in that exchange, and it wasnt shown (save for his scream at the end)

Alot of people be hatin' on StaaAAAaarrjun, but he has always been the leader of the bad guys, and hes the most powerful villain Toriko has faced thus far, for certain. I think StaaAAAaarrjun is a very dramatic character, like when they met him that pub, or when he showed up grabbing Komatsu at the beggining of this fight. I think the problem people have with starjun that he has been unexcited by the prospect of anything up until this point, which makes him kind of a dull character.

Matoi Ryuko fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jun 20, 2013

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Seebach posted:

Looking at the last image I think Midora or Joa may have just shown up

The last image in this chapter is the ultimate "gently caress you" cliffhanger. I mean, COMEON!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

international owl day posted:

I think Toriko lost a leg in that exchange, and it wasnt shown (save for his scream at the end)

Nailed it.

Starjun might be seeing an image, otherwise he just got dominated after dropping his guard

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Meme Emulator posted:

This seems like a good point to cut away to someone else. Poor Zebra just got to clean up a bunch of scrubs though, he didnt even get a one on one.

I would like to go back to Mansam but I think we will have another couple months of Toriko.

Matoi Ryuko fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jun 27, 2013

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Seebach posted:

I think I finally figured out why I hate this Imagery Bullshit.

Toriko: I got you.

Star: Nu uh, I got you.

Toriko: No you didn't, because I did this.

Star: Did you? Becuase if you did that, I did this.

Toriko: Nu uh

Star: Uh huh

Star: Uh huh

Star: Yeah, I did, because while we were both doing all this, I did this.

Toriko: ...

Seebach: <Flips a table> loving CHILDREN!!!!!

Isn't it just another interpretation of ki exetention/intimidation, an extremely common theme in manga?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

So Frohze and Acacia had children, then?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Seebach posted:

What if Soup is Soul? You know, like Soup for the Soul... Wakka Wakka.

Though to be honest, Fire as soup would be loving awesome.

I think it is the only monster that we have seen in a while. I think the last real monster were what... the Girrafebirds?

I don't really like to count Scum Beasts or Nitro personally.

There was that snake dragon that showed up to retrieve Starjuun last chapter, and all the stuff that popped out of Tommyrod. oh, and the legendary horse, Herak.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

The problem here is who is powerful enough to school Setsuno like that and who would have reason to impersonate Frohze? It just makes more sense that it's actually her. Maybe if it was someone Toriko was fighting, or any of the four emperors for that matter, I could see that being the case, but I don't really see who else it could be at this point or how it'd fit into the narrative.

Why that's easy, and its already been spelt out for us, its Master Saiseiya Mohyan Shaishai, hes revitalized and taken command of the deceased corpse of Frohze-sama. This is the only way he is able to use "Cinderella", by piloting Frohze's corpse. Oh, and Joa has only partial access to Frohze's memories, this will be important later.

By the way, did Jirou just use knocking on the entire loving planet?

Matoi Ryuko fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Jul 25, 2013

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Reiche posted:

Holy poo poo, how does this keep topping itself every chapter right now :stare:!

Also, is Kuriboh actually a double-agent or something since he avoided Tokage (which is the most awesome snake I've ever seen)?

Is he Igo or Bishokukai?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Rainbow Pony Deluxe posted:

What in the gently caress does this have to do with cooking?

Need alot of food luck to prepare "god", gotta steal Komatsu, this was all to steal Komatsu.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Batmasterson posted:

There is no chance the President is gone for good, beaten of screen. No way, no how. Right? Please?

They've been setting it up for a long time now. Time for the heavenly kings to grow up.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Kokoro Wish posted:

Not going to lie, but I get the feeling that Coco is dead or dying, and we'll end up with a "Forever Love" death scene with everyone crying.

No way, Coco has become poison, and has successfully infiltrated the Bishokukai in the veins of Grinpatch.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Nahxela posted:

I think he was originally IGO. He's the guy that makes the world's best pots or something like that, and I think he was at that 0th Biotope meeting from awhile ago.

I meant about where his true loyalties lie, is he a double agent who has infiltrated NEO on behalf of the IGO, or the Bishokukai?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I know why the president died, He was holding "Center" within himself

Matoi Ryuko fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Aug 14, 2013

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

MegaCharger posted:

Well seeing as the presumed final boss is all about eating everything by himself without sharing, I propose that eventually Toriko will acquire the opposite power, the power to give up one's self, his punch will fill the stomach of his enemies so they are so full that they can't eat anymore, thus nullifying their gourmet cell powers.

Toriko's most recent punch filled Staarjun's belly alright. Filled it full of fist.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

So if Frohze-sama was the one who saved Midora as a child, I don't think Midora is going to appreciate Joa desecrating her corpse very much.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

KoB posted:

Sani straight up ate a dude.

A bug-ish sort-of-dude.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

KoB posted:

Its canon that theyre not very good though.

Teppei looked pretty delicious.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

After Komatsu restores Midora's ability to taste by preparing God for him, Midora joins Komatsu's muscle harem and they all work together to defeat Neo. The end.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Seebach posted:

That's just it though, Midora doesn't register the taste, only the value that it keeps him alive. It could be the greatest god drat thing in the loving universe, but it will just be another meal to him, and he'll continue on.

Also, Acacia used GOD to end the great gourmet wars, did he not?

I'm not so sure you eat GOD and boom, you don't ever need to eat again. That would be like, the most sinful thing in the Torikoverse to do.

Well, you gain full control over your Gourmet Cells when you eat God, that much is known.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I'm assuming that Joa is just someone possessing Frohze's corpse or something, if so Midora is going to absolutely wreck their poo poo. Midora might be a villain but I foresee some absolutely righteous anger at someone desecrating the body of his adoptive mother like that.

Komatsu's cooking will satisfy Midora's insatiable appetite, redeeming him, afterwards he will join Komatsu's muscle harem and together they will stop the ever loving poo poo out of NEO.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

op187gb posted:

Is Ichyruu mentions that cure water is connected to one of the ingredients in Acacia's full course. I'm guessing it's CENTER the revival ingredient that Chiyo was looking for. If Komatasu can cook CENTER maybe that will restore Frohze completely.

I'm beginning to think that alot of these questions aren't going to be answered for a long time, as we've just been doing nothing but setting up story arcs for the past year now. Can we get back to Coco please :ohdear:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I am now very bummed out. :sigh:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Seebach posted:

So then the blue nitro are what? The baddest of the bad guys? Are they the ones pulling Joa's strings then? Are they the one making the puppeteer move?

I get the feeling that this is their planet.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Seebach posted:

This makes me question the coloring of the kid nitro at honey prison.

Because the kid nitro is blue. Also, the nitro in the sky garden, is he not blue-ish?

My guess is that "blue" is more of a title for highly intelligent Nitro, where as "red" Nitro are the domesticated Nitro like the ones Zebra just beat up, and perhaps the ones you mentioned were in fact "Blue" Nitro.

Nahxela posted:

Toriko will eat the world.

And also possibly the sun.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I'm still on board with the "melted down into poison completely and is now inside Grinpatch" theory, but that's because Coco is my favorite.

Well it seems like the logical progression of his poison abilities.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Nahxela posted:

Maybe Grinpach drank all the poison out of Coco?

I think Coco got eaten, and escped the backdoor without any of his poison left, thus his new look is lacking the darkness of poison. I'm glad we got back to coco right away, also, we're back to square 1 on who joa is, and look at all the high ranking chefs who betrayed the bishokukai.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Seebach posted:

He's going to meet Midora, poo poo his pants, then make something for him to eat that moves him.

Turns out Midora just had intestinal blockage this whole time. "Moves" him hehe

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

pinegala posted:

This is great backstory but I wish we could get back to super cooking/eating techniques rather than this BLACK HOLE TONGUE bullshit we've been seeing recently.

Minority world was awesome so I don't know what you're talking about, but someone says something similar to this in almost every arc.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

ANIME AKBAR posted:

I think Midora can be smug right now because in the end the Bishokukai captured Komatsu and that's all that matters. The whole battle at the cooking fest was apparently to capture him.

i think he is pretty bummed out at this point

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Wouldn't you be?

"Well I just murdered my older brother and devastated human world for no discernible reason, and now most of my evil organization wrecked my base and defected to an even more evil organization. I am literally starving with rage!"

I like to think Gourmet cells replace most major emotions with hunger. Except, of course, the pain of a "delicious hunter" being unable to protect a single cooker. :smith:

"actually, i spared my older brother because i love him so much i was moved to tears by his gesture, then some fuckin' animal swooped in to eat him and killed him in the process so i'm p. mad at this point"

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Cuchulain posted:

They sent the gourmet meteor to fatten the planet up before devouring it . :stonk:

This is it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Shugojin posted:

This is amazing. Absolutely goddamn amazing.

Also I love the old hermit nitro.

Toriko could smell the nitro too, it was standing right infront of the prez. I missed it on my first read through.

• Locked thread