Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Senerio posted:

How is that? I never had a chance to pick that up, and now it just looks daunting.

What I like about the first Battle Spirits (hadn't watched the others, not enough interest) is that most of the games itself are quick and short, no matter how important. I believe the finals of the multiple tournament championships/competitions don't even last a whole episode. As someone who had only watched Yu-Gi-Oh before it, I found it interesting how it just skips from the start of a duel to the turn where the characters had almost laid all of their cards on the table. I suppose the game rules at the time doesn't allow for many interesting set-ups.

Regarding Cardfight Vanguard, did Kai ever lose again after the first episode? I watched the series as far as the tournament battle against the owners of the pirate/sailor-based card shop and just can't handle how easily he wins each one of his battles without a sweat. It kind of jars against Aichi's frequent losses.

Lastly, what happened to the YGO:5D manga?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I haven't watched many card game anime beyond Yu-Gi-Oh!, but the only series I can remember where the main protagonist still loses deep into the series is the first Battle Spirits, Battle Spirits Shounen Toppa Bashin. In fact, in that series card games aren't...that world-bendingly significant, if I remember correctly. No grand fates decided by a card game, no life and death based on the draws of a card, no...motor bike duels. I can't think of a third thing. Shounen Toppa Bashin also skipped the first few turns for a few duels, which I don't think is ever replicated even in Cardfight Vanguard.

To be fair, I dropped Cardfight Vanguard because I can't handle Kai, so maybe they also did it in Vanguard.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Blaze Dragon posted:

Chrono uses the never-before-seen clan Gear Chronicle, which brings together the destinies of these three towards an “impossible future, an impossible self signifying ‘Generation.’”"

I have no idea what this means.

Also, Chrono's hair is really close to the level of ridiculousness of Yu-Gi-Oh! protagonists.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

VJeff posted:

Arc-V owns, qtiyd

The rumours I heard is that episode 28 to 30 will star one-episode duels starring Ayu, Yuzu and Gongenzaka. If this turns out to be true, I'm down.

• Locked thread