Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dezztroy posted:

I'm sad now. I played the closed beta way back, even had that dumb Core client. I don't have any of the beta bonus gear or whatever though.

Have they said how long the Onslaught packs are going to be available? I'm not sure if I want to get one, but if I end up playing for a while I'll no doubt regret not getting the silver or gold pack.

Contact support, they are very quick to give items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Ceebees posted:

What are these beta items? I've got the Rotten to the Core tag from forever ago and i think maybe a tag, is there something else?

There was a damaged Beta helmet and the Golden Skull trophy, but those might have been beta event items. Support would probably give them to you though.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Artificer posted:

Is the game itself any good?

Eh. It's okay but pretty much a standard CoD/Counterstrike clone. It has a neat visual design that is repeated in BLR. The co-op was kinda fun. Maybe I could intrude in Habermann's sessions? :wink: (probably not because GFWL is rear end)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
IIRC they said that they would send out those packs on a monthly basis.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

gibbed posted:

Firstly, if you play BLR through Steam, you can sync up Steam with Raptr and Raptr will pick up the hours you've played from your Steam profile. Also, alternatively you can track gametime manually (for up to 6 hours at a time).

I'm already considered "Elite" in BLR but it's not showing me as having met the requirement for that on the reward pages yet.

I'm somehow the second place BLR player on Raptr and it's not showing my rank either.

*Edit* They're also doing a stream and giveaway with some of the devs.
http://raptr.com/LinkSmash/news/516edc5e0a12b4d027/raptr-game-night-play-with-blacklight-retribution-devs

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Apr 18, 2013

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Isn't the Metal Storm a premade?

From their last giveaway, even.

It's okay, as far as shotties go.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

SwitchbladeKult posted:

The subject of tournament rulesets came up again last night in the middle of a TDM Seaport match. The pubbies had a raging hard-on over forcing all the participants to run “all default”. I’m not sure if that’s the case, I don’t follow the event scene in BLR too closely, but they were thrilled that everyone was going to be in 200 HP armor. They proceeded to cry buckets saying that having over 200 HP was OP. It hurts my brain even now when I think about the idea that having anything but 200 HP is over powered. The guy was so butt hurt that he was complaining that “90% of the people run 220+ HP builds”. Mind you I was doing decently well last night running 182 HP build. I just shake my head and sigh.

So, what do you think about rulesets and equipment restrictions?

I can understand stuff restricting certain gun parts or the number of heal injectors but forcing default gear is really dumb.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Raptr Rewards are live in ~1 minute

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Dalmuti posted:

anyone else having problems redeeming the codes?

I don't think they're working yet.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Well, I'm glad I decided to reinstall and log on today. There was only 1 day left before my Veteran pack would've expired :v:

I also got 3 AKs and 2 Bonebreakers.

*Edit* Ahahaha, nope, I got 6 Bonebreakers!

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Apr 25, 2013

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

SwitchbladeKult posted:

WOW! I wouldn't call that metallic. It’s more of a mustard vomit color than metallic. What's the gun version look like side by side to the veteran?

Metallic Gold (Raptr Pack)

Veteran Gold

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Mega Comrade posted:

I am loving the poo poo out of the shotgun.

While I'm here, why are there so many Pure HeloDeck servers, or rather why do people gravitate to these servers? The map is awful.

It's tiny so you can toss a grenade anywhere and get kills.

It's such an awful clusterfuck with more than 8 people.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Miss-Bomarc posted:

Heavy GOONtact on all servers!

7:11 KDR :c00lbutt:
Too bad the Veteran taunt isn't more interesting.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

The Jumpoff posted:

So tonight we ran into this guy.

I call it assmad.png. If you see him, please shoot him in the face with an AK and tell him MajorLazer says hi.

Hahaha, this moron thinks the AR-K is worth using for any reason.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

-Troika- posted:

What is the breech-loaded pistol good for anyways? I tried it when it came out and it didn't impress me so I didn't perm it.

If you don't use your secondary often then it's free direct fire grenades/flares.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
This is what I've been playing with AK-wise lately.

While I've been doing pretty well with it, I'm pretty sure it could be much better. Thoughts?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Ragdolls are great.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Xenaero posted:

A lot of trading later and I was finally there.

Good lord what have I done.

You became beautiful

*Edit* Also, I decided to re-install for some reason. I hope that I don't have insane stutters anymore! :holy:

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jul 9, 2013

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

SwitchbladeKult posted:

They just love to bitch about everything over on the :furcry: forums, don't they?

Obnoxious whining is a staple of F2P forums.

In lighter news, I went 12/4 in my first match back so I'm happy. I'd like to say that I'm a good player but everyone else on the server was REALLY inept.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

mahazuhul posted:

I don't know, if you're good at other FPS games, you'll probably do well in BLR. HRV just makes everything more tactical. Improve your awareness (get a Hunter helmet to improve your HRV recharge and take your HP to 205) and you'll be destroying people in no time. Using HRV well is key in this game.

I probably went like 2-22 in my first game, due to having practically no multiplayer FPS experience at all. I was that derpy lvl1 charging into battle courageously holding LMB all the way.

I should say first game since I uninstalled last. I've played for a while, though I've never been that good. THe only way to get better at a game is to practise I guess and I've gotten a bit better at shooters since I last played.

Still gotta save up for a barricade though :argh:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
It's even topical! :haw:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
The Veteran camo gives you a solid gold hardsuit, which is nice.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I decided to play again, hooray

The leveling is still painful slow and since I'm on a laptop I need to use a controller, oh no

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

LGD posted:

...couldn't you just plug a mouse into an available USB port? I'm trying to imagine a scenario where getting a controller set up to work with a laptop is somehow less work than using a keyboard/mouse and just drawing a total blank. Even if I was using the laptop on a giant living room TV that I was sitting well away from, I'd still just get a wireless mouse & keyboard before even considering playing a PC FPS on a controller.

I don't have a mouse and until I go and buy a mouse I am stuck with a gamepad

Is that so complicated

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Is the mode with the spider tank still in the game or did that get removed?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

SlayVus posted:

Anyone got any tips for editing video? I got like 3:30 of BLR footage that I want to make a video out of. It just seems extremely daunting though.

Try the tech support thread in LP http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3590713&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

There's probably another one in another subforum too

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Artificer posted:

Nothing else interesting to buy with my GP so far and I'm far away from things on my shopping list.

I'm considering the Digi, and EMP grenades. As well as the Explosive Protection patch. What do you guys think about those?

EMP might be good for clearing crowded rooms that have baddies spread out all over the place so an HE won't get them all, and DIGI might be good for dropping one in open areas as you're carrying the flag or capping a DOM point?

Also I combined my Tox patch with my anti-Tox helmet. It's a really useful combination against tox damage of any sort. :)

Edit: Oh, and theJumpOff. Your suggestion for Safehold works really really well.

Get a Hammer

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Wamdoodle posted:

Finally got to play with some of you guys. Switchblade, Maddot, ClassyLady and someone else. I was the terrible guy getting stuck on the level geometry all the time :downs: I sent friend requests but you probably ignored them. I never was able to get into the GOON clan before the parity patch. Clan invites are broken right now aren't they?

Might have been me, the other terrible goon

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I'm ready! :getin:

Max Cool Doomguy!

Max Speed Doomguy!

No ab window, voted 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

gibbed posted:

That's super annoying, logged in, messed with some stuff earlier. Logged in just a moment ago and all of my loadouts and setup are reset.

That's just the new challenge mode

• Locked thread