Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

if i wanted to find more songs like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuxE7TjYuo4

what would i be looking for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Miley Virus posted:

kinda getting into witch house territory there but i would not recommend you go down that path

track itself reminds me of gently caress buttons, check them out cause gently caress buttons own

i went down the witch house path, it's all really samey. i do like gently caress buttons, but i'm looking specifically for that kind of vcr aesthetic chopping up other songs

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Granbar posted:

maybe check out VHS Head? I'm not really a fan of them, but whatever.

close but a lil too frantic/cheesy, thanks tho!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

anybody else jamming on 1989 try this fun game: replace taylor's vocals on out of the woods with phil collins'

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

bet you can't make a sound out of this sample

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I used to hear microkorg presets all the time, but I guess everyone has upgraded by now

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

graph posted:

it sure is!

i have turned rooms upside down with that lusine track

if this is the poo poo you like you're about to enter a whole new world

if you want more recommendations, ask

please open the floodgates

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

rdj too

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

so I listened to the jamie xx/Gil-Scott Heron album and it was good but man oh man did it reek of "music to be played in an american apparel"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Jonad posted:

and now for happier news: new purity ring in march
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr5mtKSbd7M

hot drat

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

im two songs in, it's super poppy and the lyrics are much more straighforward

it's that "you have your whole life to make album 1 and a year for album 2" kinda thing imo

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

it's not bad, it's a lot like that song grimes did for rihanna if that's your jam

personally i'd like to see them produce more rap songs if they can't go back to what they did on shrines

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

yeah that's exactly what i was thinking. it's still very enjoyable like if you want kinda euphoric dance music it's as good as it gets but it's not shrines

like she spent her whole life writing the hosed up poetry probably you cant just pull that out of your rear end again in a couple years

i read a piece on this album and they did shrines in separate studios, postal service style, and this album together

but you'd never know it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

i like grimes

• Locked thread