Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Why did they give Dio a cape? I assume it's there so he can dramatically throw it off at some point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Because he's goddamn DIO and he'll have a cape if he wants one.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Why did they give Dio a cape? I assume it's there so he can dramatically throw it off at some point?

he's from like victorian england and spent quite a while in a box on the bottom of the ocean so i'd probably go with that

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

He's a boss vampire, the cape just sort of happens. You're lucky he doesn't have a hat or a medallion.

e: I guess 'toki yo tomare' and 'toki wo tomare' sound real similar, especially in that low resolution flash video.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

vampires automatically grow capes after a certain amount of time as a vestigial organ of sorts. the pillar men shed theirs long ago as they are perfect beings and realized said capes were vestigial.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Alternatively, why wouldn't he have a cape?

Why all the yellow?

What's with those shoes?

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
I like how you're focused on the cape when DIO is, like, wearing a lot more ridiculous poo poo.

Unless you're asking if it was in there originally, then yeah it totally was.

Bad Seafood posted:

Why all the yellow?

What's with those shoes?

Yeah, this is the guy who looked at a bunch of poo poo that looked like they came from Hot Topic and thought, "I totally have to wear these."

BaDandy fucked around with this message at 05:37 on May 30, 2015

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I can't believe it but I think the OVA made dio's hair look better. It looks like poo poo in the show.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
DIO's new heart motif is the strangest thing. It's like he saw Crazy Diamond by sensing Josuke's presence and said "gently caress that Stand looks cool..." and went got a poo poo load of heart accessories.

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

there are still muscled dudes but they actually make relatively more sense and aren't just 'everyone is super ripped when they're like 14 for some reason'
I'm so ready for people's arms to stop looking action figure arms that I can pull outta the socket. I really want them to animate Part 4 with Josuke starting out as the biggest high school freshman and then slowly morph into bishonen by the time Kira enters the picture.

e:This DIO is cool and I am so excited to hear Takehito Koyasu shout about the world and steam rollers.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Pomp posted:

Twinks are the future

Pomp gets it.

Seriously, though, Narancia is way too adorable.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Pomp gets it.

Seriously, though, Narancia is way too adorable.
I thought Bruno was a girl before I got to Part 5 because of that haircut and I was excited for a cool gang leader lady. Didn't matter the end cause drat is Bruno cool no matter what.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

standard owl posted:

Please don't twinkshame.

masc4masc, no fems

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
[img]http://i.imgur.com/30OVjlw.png][/img]

I'll honestly take capes and hearts compared to....whatever this is. Can we call it a shirt?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

It was in the manga, yeah. re-reading I'm not convinced this scene needed another long winded tirade about humanity by dio. could have made it shorter.

leave

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Bad Seafood posted:

Why all the yellow?

What's with those shoes?

Blame Ice.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/812/949/791.png

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Those goofy elf shoes are the silliest thing to me, but hey I'm not gonna tell Dio what he can or can't wear.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

yeah those shoes are pretty lame he looks a bit too much like darby 2 with the weird tiny ankle shoes thing

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Moltrey posted:

Those goofy elf shoes are the silliest thing to me, but hey I'm not gonna tell Dio what he can or can't wear.

He's in the Middle East he's gotta have the Aladdin aesthetic.

Also, never mind about the cape, guys. I never realized he had a cape when I read SC in black and white, and in colored art that includes the cape it's yellow, so I never noticed it. I wasn't asking why Dio saw fit to wear a cape, when the dude is already wearing unzipped pants over a tight black leotard and Aladdin shoes. I just thought that DavidPro added the cape themselves.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

If anything, DavidPro toned down Dio's fashion sense considerably (probably due to budget), I'm pretty sure he originally wore a dress in that scene where he's admiring himself in the mirror.

I can't explain how his crotchless pants became two separate weird long leg tubes, though.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

standard owl posted:

If anything, DavidPro toned down Dio's fashion sense considerably (probably due to budget), I'm pretty sure he originally wore a dress in that scene where he's admiring himself in the mirror.

I can't explain how his crotchless pants became two separate weird long leg tubes, though.

It's odd that they'd tone down Dio's fashion for budget. Dio's looks, and the looks of his crotch in particular, is probably the single most important factor in moving blu-rays.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I forgot he had a cape too, but he does in the manga and ditches it during the time stop when Kakyoin is about to get penetrated by Za Wally.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

standard owl posted:

Please leave this thread.

It's ridiculous to even think it could be due to "budget" when warner is throwing hilarious amounts of money at the show to the point where 29 different studios are credited for production because they're too pressed for time while making the show.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I'm lost, why are folks confused at DIO's heart motiff? He's always been a heart covered banana.

And I mean that in the most flattering way possible, the banana being the sweetest and most phallic of fruits. A perfect fit for our Lord.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

BaDandy posted:

I'll honestly take capes and hearts compared to....whatever this is. Can we call it a shirt?
Fugo just wants to cosplay Dio in memory of Narancia. What's wrong with that? :v:

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
That ain't Fugo

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Uznare posted:

Please leave this thread.

It's ridiculous to even think it could be due to "budget" when warner is throwing hilarious amounts of money at the show to the point where 29 different studios are credited for production because they're too pressed for time while making the show.

Sorry, I just assumed that they put Dio in boring pants for those scenes because they didn't have time/money to animate gaudy doodad-covered Araki style couture :sparkles:

looks like even Lord Dio skips leg day :(

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I guess that's why The World's weak spot was in its leg

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

standard owl posted:

Sorry, I just assumed that they put Dio in boring pants for those scenes because they didn't have time/money to animate gaudy doodad-covered Araki style couture :sparkles:

if anyone needs to find this dress in the future, just google "dio brando garbage bag dress"

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
My favourite part of DIO's world is thinking that he manually picks up Polnareff and moves him down the stairs.

"Once time resumes, Polnareff will think he moved himself but it was I, DIO, who moved him."

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

Was there ever a sensible solution for how he got past Hol Horse or did Dio really crawl through his legs?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The World picked him up and then DIO walked past and put him back down.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

He had a cape originally, he's gonna throw it off when he stops time and turns Kakyoin into a donut

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

dio's a vampire and all so he probably did some crazy backflip poo poo from a sitting position and launched over hol horse's head or something

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Started reading the beginning of Part 4 again and Josuke has already used Crazy Diamond to punch straight though an innocent person twice, one of them being his own mom, and then healing the wound later.

Josuke is cool.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Moltrey posted:

Started reading the beginning of Part 4 again and Josuke has already used Crazy Diamond to punch straight though an innocent person twice, one of them being his own mom, and then healing the wound later.

Josuke is cool.

Balls of steel. He did it so quickly and efficiently his mum didn't feel a thing.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Zenephant posted:

Was there ever a sensible solution for how he got past Hol Horse or did Dio really crawl through his legs?

Anything for the sake of comedy.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Moltrey posted:

Josuke is cool.

Yeah, that was pretty awesome.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's a special event over in Japan in 3 weeks where they're showing episodes 46,47 and then the final episode a couple of hours early. Pretty sure it's the first concrete proof of there being 48 episodes. Koyasu is going to be there too.

I wish I could be there.

Mucktron
Dec 21, 2005

"But I've been twelve for a very long time"

standard owl posted:

"Would you gently caress ME, Dio??? I'd gently caress ME, Dio!! I'd gently caress ME, Dio!! So hard"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Aurain posted:

There's a special event over in Japan in 3 weeks where they're showing episodes 46,47 and then the final episode a couple of hours early. Pretty sure it's the first concrete proof of there being 48 episodes. Koyasu is going to be there too.

I wish I could be there.

The dvds stop at episode 48.

• Locked thread