Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

PiedPiper posted:

loving Kakyoin, don't you die on me.
Heh heh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

The dvds stop at episode 48.

Educated guesses and David saying something are different, it was always assumed and quite accurately so though, yes.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
What's with all the weird comparisons in the early Dio's chapters, that's weird, even if it led to the icicle up the rear end

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Joseph was just fondly remembering that time he owned Kars by using icicles.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Aurain posted:

Educated guesses and David saying something are different, it was always assumed and quite accurately so though, yes.

The dvd listings have been up for months. There's no "educated guessing" there.

http://jojo-animation.com/contents/bd_dvd/2nd2_bd/06.html

It's right there and has been since the second half started.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150318013032/http://jojo-animation.com/contents/bd_dvd/2nd2_bd/06.html

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fair dues, didn't know.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Zeruel posted:

My favourite part of DIO's world is thinking that he manually picks up Polnareff and moves him down the stairs.

"Once time resumes, Polnareff will think he moved himself but it was I, DIO, who moved him."

When no one is watching Dio is really goofy.

Can't wait to be able to post these in the anime thread.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

These gifs are strictly accurate.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Dio walking past candles and having them magically light as he passes is funnier when you realize he has to stop time and light each one and get back into place

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Nah, they just know better.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
I always figured that DIO used The World for stuff like that. That way he could just stand still while his punch ghost does everything.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

That's fine for moving people and candlesbut dio literally had to crawl under hol horse to get behind those spider webs.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Not really.
Have The World lift Hol Horse up vertically (so that his gun would be pointing to the floor), walk through him, step over any cobwebs in the way.

Knowing DIO, he probably just left through a door out of shot, reset T D'Arby's NES, put a spider in Nukesaku's drink and swapped all of D D'Arby's playing cards for new ones and entered in from behind Ice.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Dio is the best

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I've come around on the muda dubbing thing.

But it would be neat if useless-useless was repeated and obviously overlapping with itself due to audio trickery, maybe with some reverb on top. Like the audio timing was being manipulated a la his stand.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

FirstAidKite posted:

Dio walking past candles and having them magically light as he passes is funnier when you realize he has to stop time and light each one and get back into place
Every evil vampire lord can do that.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

RatHat posted:

When no one is watching Dio is really goofy.

Can't wait to be able to post these in the anime thread.

We need one of him tossing Senator Phillips back in the car

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I always love the way The World just pokes his head out of the floor in that second one.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Bohemian Rhapsody probably conjured another set of pillar men into existence for the brief time it was in effect

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Am I the only one disappointed that we never saw Santana again? I know Araki moved away from the vampires entirely after part 3 but I miss "The Ripple" being necessary.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Unable to find his way back to the plot, Santana stopped existing.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Diabetic posted:

Am I the only one disappointed that we never saw Santana again? I know Araki moved away from the vampires entirely after part 3 but I miss "The Ripple" being necessary.

It's entirely possible that in the decades after Battle Tendency ended the foundation got all the research information they needed and got rid of him.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

they wouldn't even need the ripple to kill santana. stands are just that good.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

Well Dio was killed by the sunrise, not the oraoraoraora punch mans.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

dio also had a stand, and a very powerful one at that

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

Tell that to Vanilla Ice.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Diabetic posted:

Well Dio was killed by the sunrise, not the oraoraoraora punch mans.
I thought this was a situation where DIO could have possibly revived if they'd just thrown his carcass into a dumpster but he was essentially out of commission. Once you put a guy in a situation where he can't do anything for a few hours, I'd say you've beaten him even if he's not "dead."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think the sunrise was almost immediately after Jotaro broke DIO's leg.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Jotaro 'killed' Dio, they just gathered up the pieces to dump out in the sunlight because with Dio you want to be 100% sure he's dead.

Then Part 6 wheels around and even that wasn't enough.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Does the sun even kill Pillar Men, or does it just turn them to stone indefinitely until they are no longer exposed to direct UV rays.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I think the sunrise was almost immediately after Jotaro broke DIO's leg.

After Kakyoin dies, the fight is stated to only last another 3 or 4 minutes in actual time, and they're not escaping from him for very long. The sun goes down, it's rush hour, DIO catches up, a short time passes, DIO explodes.

For all intents and purposes, DIO is fully dead once Jotaro blows him up. Theoretically, he'd be able to come back to life if you reconstructed all of his parts but considering the fact that a "clean" head transplant to Jonathan's body took him 100 years and a Joestar blood donor to get perfect synergy, reconstructing his head and grafting it back onto Jonathan's body would take millennia. His head does sort of shatter into tiny chunks too, there's not that much to recover.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
You think The Sun stand could beat vampires?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Does the sun even kill Pillar Men, or does it just turn them to stone indefinitely until they are no longer exposed to direct UV rays.

They seemed pretty sure the Sun would kill Cars before he proved himself to be the Ultimate Lifeform.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

They seemed pretty sure it would incapacitate him, after which they could take additional measures.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Davinci posted:

It would be kinda weird to have a Sun stand that doesn't produce UV light.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Davinci posted:

If The Sun was even the tiniest bit of threat to DIO he probably would have murdered arabia fats

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Ironically Alessi was probably the most potentially dangerous out of all the stands in part 3.

If he touched DIO for even a second, The World's gone and he's just a normal vampire.

E: although even if he was there for like 20 seconds it would downgrade him from The Murderking to vampire to a 6'5 rugby player so Alessi's probably hosed either way

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jun 1, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

In the Capcom fighting game, Dio coming into contact with Set turns him into Nukesaku.

Truly the most powerful stand.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

TheKingofSprings posted:

Ironically Alessi was probably the most potentially dangerous out of all the stands in part 3.

If he touched DIO for even a second, The World's gone and he's just a normal vampire.

E: although even if he was there for like 20 seconds it would downgrade him from The Murderking to vampire to a 6'5 rugby player so Alessi's probably hosed either way

Thought experiment: what if touching dios head only deaged his head, / jon's body only deaged jons body????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Cream is the most dangerous stand in Part 3 and up there for the series.
It's just gimped by its user, but if he were smarter, he would have done the foot trick but used his whole orb and shot up underneath Polnareff.

He could basically do that to anyone who didn't know what Cream was and probably most who do.

• Locked thread