Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Man, just got caught up with Jojolion. Been liking it so far, but sometimes it seems more like something Junji Ito would write if he put down the body horror and went straight supernatural mystery.

Sorry if it's already been covered, but why is it called Jojolion? There is a Jojo, but no lions. So far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So, I thought Part V was going to suck, but seeing Purple Haze, Sex Pistols, and everything about Narancia (who I am convinced is the best character) changed my mind.

Aw, man, just finished four, and was coming here to ask about part five. Guess I won't be skipping it. Still hate Giorno's hair. Stupid stupid hair.

Also love how socially awkward Gappy is. He just moves in an awkward way.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Okay, I was thinking about starting this project, and I wanted to run this by you guys first.

I want to gather up tons of fan art and letters from western Jojo fans, put 'em in a big box, and send them to Araki to show support from western fans. I think it would make him happy. It would make me happy if I had a comic and got tons of fan mail from different countries.

What do you guys think? Good idea or absolutely stupid? I keep going back and forth on it.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

If he did, someone would probably sue his rear end over names. Folks are jerks.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Link is dead, bro.

Gappy is still the best. I may/may not have the biggest crush on him. I find the awkwardness endearing.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

planetarial posted:

There is that dog Tonio treated in Part 4, busting open his insides and all like it's nothing. He and Tonio himself are exceptions though.

Stray Cat lived, too. :3:

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm still surprised that not only a woman, but a GROUP of women managed to come up with a series concept as misogynistic as Chobits.

They're all a bunch of creepy yaoi fangirls. They're the ur-creep, the crazed self-hating women who fawn over guys that look like girls loving.

I don't like Clamp.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Auuuuuuuuuuugh is the new Jojolion up yeeeeeet? Summer is hot and it feels like I've been waiting foreeevvveeeeeeeeeer. Uuuuuuuuungh.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

How is it any different than Stray Cat resting on his shoulder or something?

'Cause he had to keep it in the dark so when he opened up it would wake up and attack.

Also catplant.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I had a dream with Gappy in it last night. My fiance and I had taken him in and were trying to help him be more normal. Like I made him a longer shirt and we took him out places to socialize. Eventually we gave up and entered him in a fighting tournament so we could bet on him. We made good money.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I never know what to think about Norisuke. One minute he's all nice, then the next, he's all threatening and "Grr, I'm the Alpha Male! Grrr! Oh, check this cool thing out."

A lot of the chapter was him showing off, kind of showing Gappy how cool his stuff is. I just don't know what to think!

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Kabanaw posted:

I wonder how many episodes they'll make out of the dio fight. Personally I'm hoping we get an entire episode dedicated to Jotaro playing dead.

Three. Three episodes.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

hoobajoo posted:

Agreed, Stone Free looks amazing and has an incredibly flexible and visually cool power. My runner up is probably Killer Queen, being able to blow up anything including time is just too radical and made the confrontations with Kira really intense.

Wait, when did he do that? I don't remember.

Best is Echoes, all of them.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

chaos rhames posted:

Four testicles?

Four testicles.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

darealkooky posted:

it's still horseshit okuyasu survives getting a hole through his entire torso that vaporized all his internal organs because he didn't feel like dying then

For a second, I thought you were talking to yourself. I was so confused.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

drat, I had just about forgotten the rat hunting part.

I would kill a baby for more Tonio.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Can Jonny feel his balls?

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Aurain posted:

JoJolion is on hiatus next month, supposedly. :(

You have no idea what kind of horrible noise I just made.

No. Idea.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

New Josuke looks like Prince. It makes sense, but I had to get it off my chest.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Oh, hey, you guys were talking about there not being a decent part five translation a while back. There's one on batoto that seems pretty alright so far, if anyone else wants to check it out.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Aw man, I got my hopes up about that translation.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I want nothing more in life than to own that tie, those gloves, and that super sweet Killer Queen figure with Stray Cat inside it. These are my goals.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Wait, ten bucks for the digital copy? Is it the whole thing?

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

Jotaro's better than jesus, yeah.

But the President stole Jesus.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Where the hell are you guys even finding this Jorge Joestar stuff? Like I know it's a noncanon novel thingy, but where could one read it?

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Supersonic Shine posted:

Agreed. I wonder what kind of dishes Tonio would cook up for certain characters, and what affects they would have on his customers. For example, would he be able to come up with a meal that could restore the use of Johnny's legs? Is Pearl Jam limited to curing physical ailments, or can Tonio get rid of whatever caused Kira's anti-social behavior?

Assuming whatever's wrong with Kira is physical, maybe. Can it cure brain matter and nerve things?

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Btw, is a new Gappy even out yet? It's time, and last month was a break month, so.... I'm getting antsy and starting to withdraw. It starts with itching. Or is that just skeeto bites? (Someone would like that.)

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

29 I thought

It's great how Jotaro's plan as a dad is more or less to go gently caress off to Japan after his daughter's born so he can hang out with his uncle and solve crimes.

Joestar men aren't the best fathers (see: Joseph and Josuke).

In fact, Jolyne would probably be a lovely mom, too. Lisalisa kind of was.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Exactly.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I heard Araki was a bonus boss. :allears:

Oh god, could this be true?

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

nobody cares about part 5

The Japanese do.

Which is probably why they're going to even do part 4, just so they can get to part 5. At least we'll finally get a good translation out of it if it happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I'm lost, why are folks confused at DIO's heart motiff? He's always been a heart covered banana.

And I mean that in the most flattering way possible, the banana being the sweetest and most phallic of fruits. A perfect fit for our Lord.

• Locked thread