Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Yep. He also helps Jotaro defeat D'Arby the gamer too.

By playing the game for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Morter posted:

Yeah I don't know, I watched every episode and made sure to see every commercial and preview (even the same 20+ Medicos ones), so I don't know how the hell I missed it.

Would someone mind naming which episode (and possible subber) they saw it on? :(

Here i will just link it to you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mKLMZw63o8&list=UU2ui_0yHwI_SXVe3sMeAH2g&index=7

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Apr 6, 2013

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

lyricaldanichan posted:

Would Midler be in the tv series? Since she wasn't much in the manga and was a new character for the Capcom game. It would change things up a bit, but I would be surprised that she shows up.

She appeared in the manga. The fight was just with her stand that she was speaking through and you only saw her knocked out body from the legs down in the manga is all.

Also on the Episode thing. Enya is Enya/Hol Horse and Boingo/Hol Horse happen after D'Arby the gambler. And there is a Hol Horse chapter right after Alessi.

Pretty much there is a lot of Hol Horse.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Akira was the main villain for a bit and was more or less the most memorable villain in that part that was not Kira. He is kind of like the Hol Horse of his part.

You just have to think in parts 5 to 7 who was the most memorable villain that was not the main. For me its Part 5 Risotto Nero, Part 6 (I have not finished so I can't say.) Part 7 Dino Dio.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I really doubt that, leveling up gimmicks in fighting games by nature end up making characters less enjoyable and more tedious to use. The only exception I can think of really is Frank West in UMVC3 and I really have no faith in CC2 to make an actual good fighting game. One that's dumb fun like the Naruto games sure, but still like most anime based fighters.

Fair enough. There aren't a lot of stand users in Part 4 who could be made into fighting characters without massive retooling and Otoishi fills a character slot for Part 4 while also being a villain. My main problem is that I really don't consider him that noteworthy since Kira was the man.

On the Koichi thing. Johnny has a multiple stage stand as well and no complaints were made about him.

On Otoishi. He is the man second to Kira. generally when people think of villains in that part he is the one to top the list after Kira.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sex_Ferguson posted:

For god's sake. Is it really that hard to just give Part 3 what this one is missing?

Yes because Part 3 Dio can't use his vampire powers at full power. After Part 7 Dio is confirmed we should have all the Dio we need for this game.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Because there's not enough differences between Part 1 and 3 to make him into his own characters. The part 3 game already gave him eye lasers, boxing is literally just giving him some punching normals, and who honestly cares about ice powers?

I have never heard any confirmation about this and even if it is true it's still dumb to try and apply canon to a fighting game to restrict character abilities, especially since the Part 3 game itself gave him eye lasers and Araki actually payed attention to that game. Are you going to cite canon reasons for why they can't give Polnareff a Requiem super in this game if he's not in the wheelchair too, but the Part 3 game literally didn't care and just gave him one anyways?

Um he only used the Eye lasers as Shadow Dio in the old game. Which was another Dio Character so your argument is invalid. Part 1 Dio would play very differently as he would not have the world and would have Ice powers. (And I care about the Ice Powers.)

The only way I would find a character slot for Dio wasted is if we had Alt Deigo Brando as a character.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/jojo_s_bizarre_adventure/v022/c210/10.html This is the part about his body being unable to use his vampire powers at full.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sex_Ferguson posted:

No, he had it as his regular version too, go back and look at it. That's not even counting that your point is still proving me right, because Shadow Dio is just Dio up until his reveal, where he still has the laser eyes and his body isn't complete, but that's just another vague term by Araki meaning "I can't let him fight yet, because I'm still figuring out what I want him to do". I don't care how differently Part 1 Dio would play, it's a matter of I want the JoJo style to be represented with better characters than Vanilla Dio and we already have the better version in the game, there's no reason to add the watered down version from the First Story which even Araki doesn't like looking back on it. I'd honestly prefer they do more characters who didn't have a fighting stand like Rohan, because those are the unique characters that they'd have to have to put some style into the combat for, but it's just easier to do mostly dudes that fought and a zinger here and there.

I checked and you are right but the eye lasers are all he has. Still part 1 only has 2 guys right now so a 2nd Dio is better for the game because it will have a different move set to account for lack of the world and Ice powers and to fill the requirement for a part 1 villain. Nothing you say will change that.

Still Part 1 Dio can more or less be considered the Shadow Dio of this game.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Meme Emulator posted:

Don't forget about Part 8 Dio, JojoLion synchs up with the 100 year timer lock disengaging in New York. Didnt Lucy stuff his body in there with the corpse? Itll be Jesus Dio

That honestly would be really cool if it happened.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
And its revealed that Dio's corpse fused with the corpse giving him life and immortalty so he could murder Johnny.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
A short video from Antfish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjy5_DFrOJY

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Eeevil posted:

It wouldn't be that hard to do King Crimson right if they wanted to. All it would have to do is force the opponent into a tandem super for some length of time. Problem being that he then gets guaranteed damage, basically.

And Dio's time stop is not Guaranteed damage?

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Volare Via! Arrivederci!

Every character that has a special finishing line needs to be in ASB so I can spam them gleefully.

That's seriously some awesome news though. I guess Part 6 and Part 7 will have a few characters each coming up next? Since 4 got Koichi and Akira last time and now 5 got a new bunch.
Actually Rohan and Cars were last time, Koichi and Akira were before that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sex_Ferguson posted:

A ten-minute trailer for what's undoubtedly gonna be just showing new characters and story stuff is gonna be pretty obnoxious. I'm not saying I'm against the idea of seeing the new characters in motion, but if literally none of that 10 minutes is going to be showing off the game mechanics and I am going to be annoyed.

It probably will. Along with the new characters.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Mista does the torture dance in the new game. Also I noticed that all of your picture involve Narancia. I am guessing you like him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I heard that quite a bit of Giorno's personalty was lost in translation does anyone know if there is any basis for this.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jun 1, 2013

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kurtofan posted:

Edit:Interesting that none of Kira's moves are from his Kosaku Kawajiri form, I wonder if there's going to be two Kiras...

I noted this as well. If their is a second Kira it would probably use Bites the Dust and Stray Cat as well as Killer Queen.

Still those three sound pretty awesome.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kurtofan posted:

Cam Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuWGvYiWT0M

Jojo has a lot of fangirls it seems.

Costumes confirmed, nice.

Man that is a lot of sqeeing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Why does Jonathan need a proper villain in this game? For his part of the story mode? Make a drat what-if scenario where Jonathan fights Part 3 Dio, there done. I've given Jonathan his proper villain and spared wasting time and development on Part 1 Dio and his boring powers. Also, I am not at all disbelieving CC2 making a second Kira, because they are a stupid set of developers who have hosed up priorities on their cast under the reasoning of "We're remaining true to the series" and they could use a second Kira that has the more crazy and memorable stuff Kira had to justify making his David Bowie look DLC and still give Josuke a villain.

Again, this is all just speculation based on there not being Stray Cat or Bites the Dust in Kira's moveset, but I still do not doubt they will make a second Kira.

You're being rather harsh. And part 1 should have a villain and lots of people like Part 1 Dio's powers.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Hope someone gets to translating that trailer asap so I can read that section that looked like it was talking about gameplay mechanics for all of 10 seconds before it switched to costumes and poses and focused on that more instead.

The subbed trailer is linked on this very page.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

This sounds like it should go with Gold Experience Requiem, not King Crimson.

Do we know how GER works in this game?

Anyway it fits KC and Diavolo sounds pretty awesome.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tobaccrow posted:

Melone seems like such an odd choice. I thought I even heard he was one of the most disliked characters in the entirety of the series.

Your sure I heard he was pretty well liked.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
To be fair it did not look like The computer had any idea about how to play Hol Horse and instead it made his shots dodge his opponents.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sarcophallus posted:

That Johnny Joestar vs Gyro fight is probably the most obnoxious fighting game thing I've ever seen. Starts at 11 minutes.

This is the AI fighting so it's not even as close to as good as a human fight. Also that's Hol Horse not Gyro.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Why is it so hard to get footage of actual people with hands and thinking playing this game? I mean, I'd probably have a more solid opinion on the gameplay if I could see some actual people playing it. These computers don't do anything special and it's really just making me more wary of the game.

Well Hol Horse is all you need the computer was horrible at playing what with the sending shots away from the opponents. However it's pretty clear that in Human hands this would be pretty cool.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

onepixeljumpman posted:

That would be reasonable if every block so far didn't have one character sweep and one character be completely shut out.

It's matter of chance so matchs came down to slivers.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
As I predicted two versions of Kira.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The Arrow also Fell out of GER at the end so he may have gone back to normal anyway.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

This is probably old news, but I was thinking about the ASB Roster today and noticed something. Excluding Part 1 which lacks a big cast, we have this:

Part 2: Joseph, Caesar, ACDC, Wham, Cars
Part 3: Jotaro, Kakyoin, Polnareff, Hol Horse, Dio
Part 4: Josuke, Okuyasu, Koichi, Akira, Kira
Part 5: Giorno, Bruno, Mista, Narancia, Diavolo

Five characters for each part. 1, 6, and 7 have three each, so far. Do you think we can expect 6 and 7 to get two more each to even it out, or do you think we've seen them all now? I'm not sure if news has hinted at any more coming yet, and we're getting close to the release date now.

Um you forgot Rohan and Avdol.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
He was the final boss of the part.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Vagithug posted:

I don't know...maybe because he is one of the main characters of his part, probably.

So was Dino Dio.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Dino Dio was a tertiary character at best and neither a protagonist nor the main antagonist (even if alt-Dio was the final enemy in Part 7, there's literally no way you can construe him as important a villain as Funny Valentine.)

...Granted, that exact character type is in the game in the form of Akira Otoishi, so it's more just they probably felt two Dios was enough. That's it.

While he is not as important as Funny he is way higher on the list then Akira. Along with being the final boss he was the 2nd most important villain and if I am correct only 4 characters showed up more then he did. (Johnny, Gyro, Lucy and Funny.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I thought he just swapped himself out with a sexier version of him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Broseph Brostar posted:

The thing that always bugged me about SBR was if Valentine wasnt originally designed to be the main villain, who did Araki have in mind? SBR feels like much of it was planned out from the get go especially with the sandman/soundman reveal and the setup for Jojolion, but did he really not plan for Valentine to be the big bad? He even stated after the fact that the setting was the result of wanting to have a fighting president.

Were did you hear this from?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

a cartoon duck posted:

From what I heard Araki just considered his stand overpowered, so he wrote him out of the story.

I honestly found it kinda cool, actually. You don't often see people on the protagonist's side in these kinda stories go "gently caress that poo poo, I don't wanna die fighting impossible odds". It's a surprisingly reasonable stance when the genre standard is everyone deciding to fight for friendship or what have you after ten seconds of thoughts.

Fugo before being written out was originally planned to be Diavolo's mole which would have been cool if it has panned out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

onepixeljumpman posted:

I think Giorno's voice is too refined sounding to be screaming like that. There's something about the quality of his voice that makes him sound like it's what he says when he's surprised by something rather than beating the poo poo out of someone. I don't agree on Josuke. He sounds like a rough and tumble anime high school delinquent, and that's exactly how I've always imagined him to sound.

Two loops have already been discovered. One for Jolyne, one for Diavolo. The Jolyne one is bad, but the Diavolo one is disgusting for how stupidly simplistic it is to pull off.

Fun fact about the loops. Jolyne's does not appear to be able to usable against non dummies and the Diavolo is actually hard to pull off against a dummy and does not work period against non dummies.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well I have been looking at a guy trying to pull off the Diavolo infinite for about 20 minutes now. It would be easier to kick their rear end with out it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Part 6 on the other hand started off really solid and I enjoyed the core cast a lot. The enemy stands started to get a bit too convoluted though, and not many of the villains-of-the-day were memorable either. Pucci was an interesting villain, though it seemed a bit strange that Dio let some 16 year old church boy become a trusted ally. The flashbacks that it shows seem to portray them as friends, but just based on what we know of Dio's character from the other parts I can only assume that there was a high level of manipulation going on. Dio/Jonathan's bones and everything that unfolded from there was really strange and came out of left field. I think it's around that time that the plot started stumbling a bit. Why did the bone turn people into plants and become a homunculus thing? I'm assuming it was some kind of fail safe Dio had in case he died, but why that method? What did he do to Jonathan's bones that let him use that ability? I'm assuming that the chant of meaningless words were a password of sorts to make sure not just anyone could use the baby.
The Green Baby coming to life was a result of Sports Max's stand and I am guessing Dio's vampire blood.

Tobaccrow posted:

Giorno showing up would have been cool, but having him deus-ex-machina everything again would've made for a lame story. Pucci defeating GER could have been interesting, but only if it was by some clever means to circumvent GER's ability. If it was some wacky, magical nonsense like how (Silver Chariot) Requiem was stopped, it would just bog down a story already rife with weird magical ritual stuff that makes no sense.

You do know Gio does not have GER anymore. GE lost the Arrow right after he beat Diavolo. Though maybe Araki forgot this and this is why he did not have Giorno show up.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Making spare body parts was perfectly legit. Bringing Bruno back to life though, yeah, that was a stretch.

I don't think he did bring Bruno back to life. That was all Bruno.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sex_Ferguson posted:

At least Kira's ability was limited to a certain time frame and he couldn't do anything else with Killer Queen if it was in Bites the Dust. It's already been established that Silver Chariot Requiem was almost as stupid as GER in how it seemed practically impossible to beat it and they had to go through incredibly silly shenanigans to do so and then Giorno gets the ability to literally win every fight ever. We don't even know if Dio and Diavolo could've used the stand arrow either, because all three people who were hit with the arrow awoken their stands naturally.

It should be noted that Kira got hit by Arrow himself while Giorno and Polneraff's stands were hit by the arrow. And once again Giorno did lose the arrow after he beat Diavolo and put the Arrow in the turtle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Daedelous posted:

Well yeah since It finishes its existence at the end of time and thus the new world kicks in But does he keep constantly instead of his base stand? That's one reason I want to see this light novel.

You misunderstood. Part 6 is were time reset. Part 5 was Giorno's part. The arrow fell out of GE once he beat Diavolo and he put it in the turtle after.

• Locked thread