Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

What's the best recent kyoani show? I loved haruhi and nichijou and liked lucky star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

The chat thread is talking about shoujo stuff, but whenever I search batoto for shoujo all I can find is the couple manga I already know (ore monogatari and nukoduke) and manga with some of the worst art I've ever seen.

Please recommend me some good shoujo, preferably comedy and/or romance.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Davincie posted:

junjou drop and otomen are top tier and if you like nukodoku you'll probably like gakuen babysitters too

All three of these look really good, thank you.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I recommend Last Game, second House of the Sun (Taiyou no Ie, what everyone's posting in the chat thread), and also give a shout-out to my favorite shoujo series, Fruits Basket. They're all a decent mix of comedy and drama.

Taiyou no Ie looks good, but is the harem tag on Fruits Basket accurate? I don't really like that genre.
Last Game's summary sounds really fun though, definitely reading that.

GorfZaplen posted:

Rose of Versailles (I don't know how much of the manga is translated!)

I watched the anime of this a long time ago!

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Endorph posted:

akatsuki no yona

Looks good to me, thanks. The guy in white on the cover has a crazy looking hand

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

the opposite of welcome back

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

The Colonel posted:

Also, agreed on Kyousougiga.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Razzled posted:

Kyousougiga was boring

I liked it a lot. What made it boring for you?

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

I have a burning need for isolated episodes of garbage anime. Just the worst things you've got. Cheap animation, questionable themes, lame jokes, obnoxious characters - anything goes, as long as isn't also slow-paced (boredom is not what I'm looking for). My intention is to pick something at random from the middle, so if context is necessary to grasp the full depth of its badness, that's a mark against it. Being old is a plus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxJ4VWoeOzs

That's more of a collection of bad scenes though

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Davincie posted:

yozakura quartet

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Moe is an essential characteristic.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Torquemadras posted:

...anybody got some ridiculously energetic anime to recommend? :sigh:

FLCL

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

If you liked the fun, charming, and wistful story of kyousougiga, stay far away from the thread title

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

gmq posted:

I started Crunchyroll's free trial to checkout My Love Story (which is great), is there anything else good to make a paid subscription worth it? The last anime I remember watching were the first season of Chihayafuru, Nichijou, Daily Lives of High School Boys and Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/kyousougiga

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

There's also gatchaman, wakakozake, working, etc

CR does a good job of picking up the good shows

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Yeah there's like a dozen sites for it. You could also just download them off nyaa

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Here's a legal site if you want to pay for it

http://www.ikki-para.com

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Yeah it's just the ovas. I liked it better than the original tv one

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

If they have 10 episodes they have them all

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

haruhi

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Chas McGill posted:

rip this thread.

It is where I discovered anime and manga

It will be reborn, new and improved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

littleorv posted:

May I suggest the greatest mystery of our time Legend of the Galactic Heroes?

Niggurath posted:

So I've really been enjoying Ranpo Kitan and I've been looking for another mystery type anime; something maybe in the vein of Another? But nothing quite as sprawling as Detective Conan; I'm not really in the mood for 500 episodes of boy detective.

I don't really like the mystery genre myself, but lots of people like Monster, so you can try that if you haven't already

• Locked thread