Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Man I find these shooting games so dull. I don't have the patience for such lousy gimmicks as "focus" and "dodging"(or surviving past stage five)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

leather fedora posted:

Well, well, well. Look what the tiger dragged in: http://www.tasofro.net/touhou135/index.html

Still hoping the actual tiger shows up playable too, curvy lasers and all.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

the screenshot posted has silver hair instead of brown so That's just Futo.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 14:54 on May 18, 2013

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Volt Catfish posted:

Yeah if Futo is in there's no way Shou isn't in.

Seems like all the characters are just pairs of 2, so Shou isn't getting in unfortunately.

Ocatamai posted:

Where did those two new screenshots come from, did I miss them on the site or download the wrong demo version?

keep scrolling down, new updates appear at the bottom.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Elliotw2 posted:

Wait, we get Nitori to round out the shinto team and Sanae gets stuck on background duty? What the hell?

Science Vs. Religion

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Volt Catfish posted:

You still think that's relevant huh? How cute.

Look I wanted to play as Shou too but you gotta let it go.

Also, someone linked me to an image they saw of another character. It's from 4chan, so good chance its fake, but here vvv thanks for confirming its fake.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 04:32 on May 21, 2013

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

So how long does it ussually take for these games to go on sale outside the event?

Tengames fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 26, 2013

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Clarste posted:

The flaw of course being that translation takes time away from playing the games.

see that's why you release both a game and demo at the same time. you play one while translating the other.

4 hours estimated for a translation though, goddamn.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

Final boss is Remilia guys, you heard it here first.

Sakuya wouldn't have to go very far if that was the case. Ex boss maybe

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

oh hey the results for that popularity poll are in. havent found it in english yet except for google translation.

vv well no wonder i kept getting the page for the japanese wiki's poll when searching for it

Tengames fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jul 1, 2013

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

The countdown for the new release is back again.

Ive never tried the actual patcher to see if its any good though.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

DrSunshine posted:

Shouldn't it be Yoshika, rather than Reimu?

That gif's been around for a while, I think it existed before TD even came out.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Zun's design is good in the sense that most of the characters have a unique silhouette without being too outlandish.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

DrSunshine posted:

Alternate sprite pack cosmetic DLC for only $1.99!
Other direction, 10 zun art steam trading cards to collect in order to craft a hat badge to unlock original sprite emoticons.

foil cards will be 5 bucks each on steam marketplace.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Nyaa posted:

I wonder who will handle the translation.

There's always spacedrake and Robin, the two goons that translated recettear and a few other games on steam. Checking thier forums it seems they've been busy with some massive game translation the past year or so however (not that touhou would be a very text heavy distraction).

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

I just look at them and wonder how they all got popular from some game I've never seen, and how can there be so many and all of them be popular at once?

So yeah, propably.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

(ZUN make marisa a bird tia)
That already happened in the fighting game.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

But another of her Bio's says she got the job as Netherworld caretaker by being surprisingly responsible with her terrifying murder/ghost control powers. So I assume she's stopped caring about the moral quandary's of killing people with a thought, but only does it responsibly I guess. :v:

I treat Touhou Bio's the same way I treat pokedex entries, only replace "literally writen by 10 year olds" with "written by a guy who's perpetually drunk"

Tengames fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Feb 3, 2015

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Clarste posted:

No, Playism definitely tweeted that DDC will not be translated. They just modified it to work with English system locales, and some option menu stuff. This isn't too surprising, if you know much about ZUN's philosophy for dealing with Touhou stuff. He made these games entirely by himself, so he's uncomfortable with the idea of someone else changing them in a way he can't oversee (since he wouldn't personally know if a translation was correct).

Seems like fan translations editing the game kinda defeat that, and there's no way he doesn't know of them by now.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

WeeabooJudas posted:

Goku vs. Yukari discuss

Like all opponents Goku faces, there would just be too much of a gap in their power levels.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

When someone showed me her I was very confused for a second why i was being showed a moe-ified mirror kirby before it was explained who it was.

SirPhoebos posted:

Maybe he's just been playing too much IWBTG

Either that or hyrule warriors.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

WarpedNaba posted:

Jesus, I have no idea why Colonel Aki comics piss me off. They're just... devoid of anything worthwhile.

They have no writing and therefor nothing to cover up that its the same overused cliches and character stereotypes. Its largely inoffensive though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Agreed,just "liking" is not good enough.