Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Widdiful posted:

I was really bored one day so I started making a program to run Touhou games if you play more than one and I thought that it would be good to share it here. It hasn't got all the features I would like it to have yet and if you have any ideas, let me know. You can download it here if you want to give it a go. Or don't. I don't really mind either way.

Ok, I have one idea... What about an option to configure the controller for all games of the same kind (like the shooting ones)? That would be useful for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
Reading this chapter makes me wonder if the author, this Zun guy, is by chance fond of drinking...

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
lol if you don't have encyclopaedic knowledge of every touhou character

I wonder if all the talk of localizing the games would also mean official translations for ZUN's print works. They should include a huge glossary at the end with stuff like "hermit: immortal mountain wizard" because I totally missed this stuff until I read Clarste's posts today.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

a cartoon duck posted:

Man, I really dig Harukawa's art-style. I'd even go so far as to say her talent's kinda wasted on drawing for a Touhou manga.

Eh considering how a shitton of manga settings are the same cliche high school, the Touhou old japanese village doesn't look like it's underusing her skills.

And considering the huge contrast between Wild and Horned Hermit and Forbidden Scrollery, I feel like she has a lot of creative freedom to add her own spin. Which a lot of times sounds even dorkier than WHH so idk, I mean, her pen-name is MOE and I don't think she would be exactly working on avant-garde historical manga about Alexander the Great if she could.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I use R for focus, square to shoot and X for bomb.

I'm pretty sure I didn't come up with this config on my own but heck if I remember which game I stole it from.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

SyntheticPolygon posted:

By the end of this series Kosuzu is totally going to have turned into a Youkai.

Maybe I'm not remembering the previous chapters well but this chapter felt especially unsubtle about this!

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

amuayse posted:

Correction, a Weidan alchemist that cosplays as a witch. Marisa is powered by potions and shrooms.

Man if mushrooms, potions, wearing a conical hat and flying with a broom aren't witch things then I don't know what a witch is.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
Is it just me or Stage 4's first spellcard is way harder than the rest? At least on easy.

I feel like I died a thousand times to beat this game on easy, jesus christ.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
No, I was playing as Sanae. I guess I couldn't discern the pattern, later with more bullets it was easier for my brain to find paths to go through.

And oh, I called it "first spellcard" but I think it was just the very first boss attack.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
Now with pointdevice I'm able to """"appreciate""" the patterns better :smug:

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

AdorableStar posted:

Why :kheldragar:

What will Go Seigen say about this

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
There's one Zun interview where he shows himself to be superprofessional about Touhou. Like he said he would never involve his wife (who is a programmer) with Touhou because he doesn't want to put her through a professional relationship. IDK, it may be a japanese thing that I don't understand but the way he sounded to me I doubt he'd intentionally put his kid into the touhou business.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

I'll get super rich and then I'll become an anime producer. I'll convice Zun and produce the touhou anime. The character designer will be this person.

Then some crazy touhou fan will kill me but it's ok because it's worth it.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

AdorableStar posted:

Yeah it will be me

don't worry, clownpiece will get a very prominent role

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
just break a regular clown figure and you'll get a... clownpiece

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
clownpiece owns is the context

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I can't bring myself to care much about Mountain of Faith, but I would never say it's bad

all the other touhous are good and ddc is my favorite even if I recognize other games do have some more awesome things in it

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

HellCopter posted:

It's like when Tezuka died and they found all those furry mice drawings he did.

Except for ZUN it's just mock-ups of Mima on character select screens

That wasn't like Tezuka's secret shame or anything. He was pretty open about his uh... Transformation fetish? Like he mentions it on interviews and made it part of a lot of his work.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
Forbidden Scrollery's last chapters were great.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
Oni Kasen was pretty sinister looking.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Clarste posted:

WaHH 30 (final), plus Volume 6 omake. In which Sanae! and Aya Azuma makes figurative puppy dog eyes.

jesus I lost count of how many manga artists collapsed from overwork

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
It's weird to see this development on FS because it's been hinted for so long that I just felt like it'd never happen anyway.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Every time someone starts telling me about how the moon landings are fake instead of arguing now I just space off and this video plays in my head.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Namtab posted:

How often do people tell you that?

*sigh* about once a month

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
can you get ratioed if you're bad at the game