Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Would Touhou on Steam be something that might get the platform a foothold in Japan? I know PC games are "dead" there but it feels like that would be the thing that could lead to a revival, or somewhat of one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Check my post on the first page where I link to a collection I've made(and am adding to every so often with new folders) of things I've sorted out of a 26,000 mp3 megatorrent so far. That ought to keep you occupied for at least a while.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Carpe Fulgur. Problem solved.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Pureauthor posted:

Pretty sure they have their hands full with TiTS
You can say that again! :quagmire:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Casull posted:

It's a distant memory, but I vaguely remember a post they made on the forums where they said they didn't want to get anywhere near Touhou due to the potential legal ramifications because of how different copyright law is between the East and the West.

But if zun were to bring it over, would'nt that have to be dealt with anyways? Or do they just not want to deal with the hassle of it?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If that's their reason then I can understand it, they're still only two dudes, right? Might be a bit much for such a small company to handle. At the same time, it'd be a huge breakthrough for them if they decided they wanted to become something more than a small-time team.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Welp, I finally was about to hit 100 files in my latest collection but forgot that one of the files is actually a folder of albums that I didn't delete anything from. So the latest collection is extra large with 116 files.

In making this latest collection, I deleted 700 other files, well over 4 gigs worth. Did you know that MIDIs badly converted into MP3s are ABSOLUTELY HUGE?(!?!??!??!) A bunch of 2-3 minute files were 10-12 megs each, and just terrible MIDIs in disguise. Glad I was able to just mow through those albums and clear out the space, at least. For whatever reason about ten artists in a row were nothing but MIDI artists.

There's one issue though, Alluvion blew up at some point, so where can I host the collection torrents now?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So, anyone have a good tracker I can upload the latest music collection to since Alluvion's apparently dead? It's getting rather large.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hahaha, I almost never use tumblr except to find gifs, and when I logged in to get rid of email notifications entirely, I noticed that AskUdonge answered a question I sent over a year ago!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

HGH posted:

So ZUN just tweeted he's releasing another game at Winter Comiket(29-31 December). No demo this time. Off the top of my head I'd say this is either more photography or "MINOR CHARACTER'S EXCITING ADVENTURE" again.

I hope you're not insinuating Cirno is a "minor character". :colbert:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

SirPhoebos posted:

I'd be up for a 4kidz version of Touhou, but only if the cartoon is then sold to the Cartoon Network who then release a parody version of that on Adult Swim.

No you see, it has to be an existing show for them to butcher terribly, hilariously and irrevocably. Like One Piece.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Missed the opportunity to wear some kind of stuffed leggings to make her legs just flesh-colored tubes

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DrSunshine posted:

I don't care, green appleblue raspberry lollipops are still the best. :colbert:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The propulsion system of the modern age. You'd have to be a total savage to think otherwise.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A classic. Reimu being Dick Dastardly and a Yukkuri as Muttley being the best part.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

pandaK posted:

Is there a post with all of Invictus's music links?

After alluvion exploded, I asked for a new place to host the torrents but nobody suggested anything. If you know of a good, simple place I can host them, I'll reupload them this weekend.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

leather fedora posted:

They use Nyaa Torrents for the Game Center CX subs over in their thread in the Games forum. Maybe that could work?
I had thought of them but since the torrents I'm making these collections from are from Nyaa originally, I didn't think they'd allow me to reupload a "truncated" version of them. But maybe they don't care, I guess.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Volt Catfish posted:

I dunno, Gen 3 of Pokemon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlVV44BA968

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Namtab posted:

My desktop background is just pure black.

Much like your heart.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
God drat I have never been a Spongebob fan but that is just fantastic.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Devour or Fire posted:

Littleshrimp is really bad.

You're really bad.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
We all know which Touhou would win a basketball tournament: Charles Barkley

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man, Humble Bundles have really ruined my digging through the Touhou music collection. Every time I finish going through the half dozen or dozen soundtracks a particular Humble Bundle will come with, a new one will come out. :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

KataraniSword posted:

As long as you stay away from the vocal stuff, sure.
um excuse me wtf r u doin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL4kgQEJb6E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0a-xrroD2g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61-yeS0aqg8

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nuclear Fusion, you scrubs

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

AdorableStar posted:

How does it feel to be wrong?
This coming from the person with a Satori avatar :ironicat:

Namtab posted:

Could it be that touhou music opinions are subjective???
I was pretty sure we were all just funnin' around, hope nobody is taking this all seriously

KataraniSword posted:

Actually, I'd go for UN Owen. Not only is it overplayed as sin, but it's also intentionally dissonant and kind of forgets what it's doing halfway through the melody.
UN Owen is outstanding because of the dissonance, though? Being overplayed doesn't affect the inherent quality of a particular thing, just your personal enjoyment of it. UN Owen fits Flandre far better than most other Touhou themes fit theirs. It forgetting what it's doing halfway through works too, if you think of it as Flandre getting tired of whatever her current plaything is and moving onto a new one.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This is still one of my favorite Nuclear Fusion remixes even after hearing dozens of others, and it doesn't even have sirens!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoEKbGbKHq8

but we all know what the real best Nuclear Fusion remix is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJNOK0PVbT0

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jun 29, 2014

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

HMS Boromir posted:

Yo Captain Invictus, is your culled music collection up anywhere now that alluvion's dead?

Is there a place I can reupload it?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Perfect

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ah god drat it I keep forgetting to upload them. Remind me this weekend, I have to head to work now though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I finally got off my butt and reuploaded the Touhou music torrent, it includes collections 1-23 as well as the Booby Prize folder. Sorry for the delay, folks.

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=575194

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Blame Humble Bundle for my lack of new collections, every time I think I'll get back to doing the Touhou stuff, a new Humble Bundle comes out with attached soundtracks, and I get distracted by that. Though they haven't had any new ones in a while, so knock on wood, maybe I'll get back to Touhou stuff soon.

The Booby Prize folder is not always the worst poo poo, but it's certainly stuff I wouldn't be caught dead listening to in the car or something.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Libluini posted:

Thanks for the music. I already found some good stuff in it and decided to seed it. (Normaly I delete a torrent as fast as possible, because having part of your bandwidth taken over by them is annoying. But good music needs to be shared!)

Well I would hope that at least goons would seed a 1:1 ratio or more like any normal respectful person would anyways!!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tonfa posted:

I got a trojan warning from MSE from ripple tale.mp3 or something like that in collection 1, deleted all torrent data for now :geno:

Is this an actual thing or is it just MSE being dumb in some explainable way

It doesn't do it for me and you're the first I've heard mention it, so I'd say it's just MSE having a brain fart

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

a cartoon duck posted:

So something good is coming out of Kancolle after all.

I would rather twice as many annoying Touhou fans and fangames than having Kancolle exist at all

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

brave nazi aviator posted:

when touhou is forgotten will it end up in gensokyo

How Meta

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

WarpedNaba posted:

That's plain embarrassing to look at.
They're clearly having a great time, good on'em :)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I've started on the Touhou music collections again because I'm tired of the 80-some-odd gig folder of music wasting space on my hard drive.

Great then that the first thing I open is a half dozen albums of uncompressed MIDIs that take up a full half a gig. Into the loving trash with that, except two vocal tracks that were so unbelievably bad I had to keep them for Booby Prize Folder Mark II

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Still the best one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

AdorableStar posted: