Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't think it was the same demon. The whole demon clan was sealed away so it's probably a different one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Hopefully after Meliodas/Ban/King inevitably saves her she remembers the moves she used and becomes mildly competent.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I certainly didn't expect that. Did they fuse into the same body somehow? Maybe related to her sacred treasure?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is it just me or does the description of his new series sound like it's set in the same world as Negima?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kaja Rainbow posted:

I couldn't even get past the first chapter. But to make this a little more relevant, does anyone have recommendations for decent shounen that has good treatment of its female characters? I'm not really looking for the usual fanservice and/or harem fare, and I prefer series where the female characters actually get to do interesting stuff.

EDIT: Some example of shounen series I really liked include Full Metal Alchemist, Kekkaishi, Sengoku Youko, Record of Fallen Vampire, Koe no Katachi...

Ga-Rei and Tokyo ESP treat their female characters pretty well.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Sindai posted:

It's pretty hilarious how much darker the oneshot is than the SJ serialization.

I dunno, the goblins walking through town with human corpses on pikes is pretty gruesome.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Gonna throw in a recommendation for Akame ga Kill in here. Really dark for a shonen series(kinda gory), it's pretty funny sometimes and has some great action. Only issues I have with it are the occasional fanservice and that it likes to introduce characters only to horribly murder them half a chapter later(this is just kind of annoying, not bad though).

It's being released monthly.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Dec 10, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ytlaya posted:

I didn't read the one-shot until seeing this, and you're definitely right. The main character is a hell of a lot cooler in the one-shot. In the "chapter 1" he's more of a "I want to protect everyone for justice!" typical shounen hero, while he's a lot more interesting/"tough" in the one-shot.

No reason he can't become that in the series too, it's just that one-shots tend to have a lot more character development since they aren't expecting more chapters.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kaja Rainbow posted:

I couldn't even get past the first chapter. But to make this a little more relevant, does anyone have recommendations for decent shounen that has good treatment of its female characters? I'm not really looking for the usual fanservice and/or harem fare, and I prefer series where the female characters actually get to do interesting stuff.

EDIT: Some example of shounen series I really liked include Full Metal Alchemist, Kekkaishi, Sengoku Youko, Record of Fallen Vampire, Koe no Katachi...

Maybe Akame ga Kill? The female characters are treated no different from the male ones, but it still does have a little fanservice and is not very shonen-y(very dark and gory).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Well obviously he'll put himself in the hole then.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That donkey's dick is as long as your posting is bad.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I just finished reading through Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji and was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting a battle manga but it's more mystery/slice-of-lifeish. If you've never read it(or only watched the anime, which is mostly filler) I recommend giving it a try. The pacing is a little off in the first 10 chapters but then it gets going.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

toanoradian posted:

You all should just read Black Butler for the simple fact that it tries to make cricket shonen.

Taught me more about cricket than anything else :v:

Can matches really last DAYS? gently caress.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
New chapter of Rising of the Shield Hero

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Tate-no-Yuusha-no-Nariagari/Vol-001-Ch-008-Read-Online?id=207420

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I highly doubt it's ending, it's probably just the end of the arc.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Terper posted:

Two new chapters of Seven Deadly Sins. Gowther status: still the best, currently rising to even greater heights.

I guess this explains why he's the Sin of Lust.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
No it didn't? Hawk didn't check his level until the end of the chapter. I bet Meliodas' power goes up when he uses his demon powers though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Genocyber posted:

It doesn't directly state that, but that's obviously being implied by what happens. Since they have Meliodas scanned when fighting as opposed to just standing, it must read based on w/e the target is currently doing.

Yeah you're gonna have to elaborate on that because I don't see that implied at all.

Special abilities will make the power levels a bit less important though yeah.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Mr. Bean transcends culture boundaries.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It stays pretty consistent yeah, though it seems to be adding more and more fanservice.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The ending to the Death Note movies is way better than the actual manga.

No N and M, and L wins by writing himself into the Death Note to die 30 days later, thus making it so other Death Notes won't work on him.

I can't remember the rules of the Death Note in the manga to know if that would work or not.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Feb 24, 2015

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ah that sure explains what happened with Enigma's ending.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It was okay.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I really liked Reborn until it turned into Pokemon and the power creep went off the charts. The story and most of the characters are so bad though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ytlaya posted:

Speaking of the gear, I was just thinking about how it makes absolutely no sense that the Vongola rings (and all of the Mafia rings?) have supposedly been around since ancient times but the Vongola family was only formed ~10 generations ago.

Amazingly this is one of the few things that IS explained.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I liked Ueki a lot but it was a bit disappointing for the main character to mostly abandon his trash->trees ability.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nihilarian posted:

Didn't the author go to great lengths to make sure that every other power he got was useless?

What do you mean?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah Naruto does team battles really well. Most series just have the characters take turns attacking.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The issue I had with the Trigun manga is the author is terrible at drawing action scenes so they just turn into a blurry mess and you can't tell what's going on.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's not too late for them to introduce time travel. Wouldn't be the dumbest thing in that series.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Platinum End started okay but the latest chapter is just gross.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Crime only dropped because criminals were scared of a (seemingly) Omnipotent Omniscient Kira.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Except wasn't Kira explicitly killing people NOT convicted as well?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ytlaya posted:

Oh, maybe I mis-remembered that, though how the gently caress would he even know who to kill in that case? Did he just kill anyone that was arrested and accused of a bad crime? Either way, it still seems like that wouldn't be much different than a mandatory death penalty, especially in a country like Japan where being accused usually = being convicted.

Keep in mind he also had a prosecutor working for him near the end.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Clarste posted:

Criminals always overestimate their cleverness and assume they won't get caught. The threat of punishment rarely if ever stops someone from planning a crime because crimes are always planned under the assumption that they won't get caught. People who are afraid of getting caught wouldn't commit crimes anyway. The only effect Light's reign of terror would have on crime is that they'd wear masks more often.

Except that assumes they know how he's killing people, which they don't.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Bleremiah posted:

Pride confirmed for best sin in the last few chapters of seven deadly sins

There was never any doubt since he was first introduced.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Figures. That author is awful at writing good/satisfying endings.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah that would've been the interesting option.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Is Saint Seiya any good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu533OKYHyc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think it's a really dumb twist so it's probably just a fake out.