Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm glad I started reading this thread because I had totally written off Undead Unluck after the first two chapters. Once more characters started to get added it definitely picks up. Although the series still has the problem that Andy kind of sucks as a character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Boco_T posted:

finally, a Shonen Jump series about teens battling demons

Now, these are vampires. Who just happen to manifest as evil spirits that can possess people.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Has anyone announced licensing for American release yet?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The cairn/Karen bit was very good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kodansha has announced that Shaman King (the entire regular series) is coming to Comixology on October 6th, Shaman King Zero on Oct 13th, Flowers on Oct 20th, Red Crimson Oct 27th and Super Star on Dec 8th. They'll all be on Comixology Unlimited and Kindle Unlimited.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CodfishCartographer posted:

Mashle was losing me for a bit with some of the more serious chapters, but the last couple have definitely gotten me back on board again. I think it's weakest when it's trying to be a more traditional fight manga, but when it embraces its comedy for its fights it hits a lot harder, both in terms of laughs and in terms of drama in my opinion. When it tries to get too serious (mostly with side characters) then it kind of starts falling flat because they aren't really well developed enough to get that invested in, and their fighting styles aren't all that interesting to watch.

The last couple chaps have definitely won me back over though, especially this week's. Those last few steps were fantastic.

I do kind of wish it would go back to the more comic early chapter style though.

Also the first episode of the Jujutsu Kaisen anime made me finally get up to date with the manga. It'll be kind of weird when they get to this part in the anime because an arc that has taken almost a year is definitely going to go faster when it is animated.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Been reading Shaman King and while I like it as a whole one thing that is super gross that keeps coming up is Ryu's attraction to "younger" girls aka children while he's a grown rear end man.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Funny how We Never Learn continues to be completely obsessed with Kirisu's butt.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A little worried that Moriking might be heading to a cancellation with the rush to endgame. I think the series is fun.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Before it splintered it definitely felt like it was heading toward a Fumino ending. She felt like the safest option.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Huh, maybe Moriking isn't getting canceled then?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I just think that if it was actually going to end they would have done it at this story arc instead of introducing a new group and structure.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Even Roboco agrees Jujustu's ED is a banger.

Hell yeah it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWEm4tA2hMc

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lol at this week's We Never Learn

(kinda NWS)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Blockhouse posted:

Glad that WSJ immediately killed what goodwill it had from firing the Act-Age guy by giving the Toriko dude a new series but hey I guess that's what being friends with Oda buys you

Yeah, was very disappointed when I saw that he was coming back with a new series.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So is the series (We Never Learn) just going to be over when this arc is done?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's a retread of toriko with a different theme. and i liked toriko, but bk needs to bring something new to the table.

Yeah, Toriko was the same thing, just with food/cooking.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lt. Lizard posted:

It is something that bears repeating, especially if that author has currently running series. More power to anyone who can detach the work from author enough that they don't mind, but it's a dealbreaker for a lot of folks (me included) and not everyone is automatically aware about it.

Yeah, I read through all of Toriko earlier this year and if I had known this I wouldn't have.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ethiser posted:

We Never Learn

Sick burn on the other girls Yuiga to not invite them to your wedding.

It didn’t say anything about ending next week so I’m curious to see how much longer it’ll run.

It would be fun to do a realistic mini arc where Yuiga just meets some random girl and starts dating her instead of only these girls he knew in high school.

Also this bonus chapter of Promised Neverland sure was full of feelings.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fabricated posted:

I hope Mashle gets an anime adaptation and it's good

It is still a little early for that.

Brought To You By posted:

I mean, if Kengan Asura can get officially branded Protein. When does Mashle get his own real world brand?

Mashle brand cream puffs.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was just nonstop laughing at this week's Roboco.

Also We Never Learn was a lot of fun but I kind of wish that this was an actual mini arc where Yuiga did actually end up in a giant relationship with everyone.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While Agravity Boys is technically over it is supposed to get an actual ending in Jump Giga.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

elusive samurai is really weird, as is to be expected.

Definitely got tonal whiplash at the "and then everyone was killed" scene. Especially the part about how the typical shonen love interest character was violated and murdered.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Problem with I Tell C is how it tries to play cutesy with violating suspect rights.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just from having watched the 2011 anime the thing I didn't like about HxH is how often it would just get lost in the explanation of powers and abilities. Also I wasn't a fan of how after the initial arc Leorio and Kurapika just kind of wander off and aren't seen for large chunks of the series.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They announced today that there's going to be another season of Demon Slayer airing this year.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kingtheninja posted:

Thank goodness, I've been dying to get more. Any word on the movie getting a digital release in the west?

The trailer for the English dub juts says "early 2021." Although that's for a theatrical release. No word on digital.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One plot point I hope the Demon Slayer anime eventually expands upon is the stuff with Zenitsu's rival. In the manga he just kind of appears out of nowhere, has a plot dump and then is defeated. It is one of the parts that feels like it was cut for time.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Cloks posted:

I really appreciate that Jump is translating more and more currently running series because when i started reading the magazine, the US version was very carefully curated so it was a mix of proven hits and series that has already ended. There's no way that in 2005 they would've been simul-publishing stuff like Roboco or Nine Dragons or Sakamoto Days.

It's cool to read a version of Jump that's much closer to what is published in Japan even if the reality is that a lot of the manga isn't that great.

Although the problem with this is you now get the pain of canceled series.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hopefully a new adaptation can fix some of the manga's pacing issues at the end. It felt like it was just rushing to get through the story, at times almost like it was an abridged version of the plot. Also hopefully the new adaptation removes the creepy bits of Ryu hitting on all the preteen girl characters.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I Tell C has such a bad concept I don't know how it got made.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Alacron posted:

So is there any explanation for why Golden Kamuy is on the SJ browser but not on the app? I thought that I would read that next but I get most of my comic reading done on my phone.

It is rated "Mature" and the app doesn't do anything over "Older Teen." I'm assuming to get around age related app store issues since it avoids nudity.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mashle's current arc started with his not having magic being revealed to the whole school so that's no longer a thing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Anyone else think the art in Sakamoto Days took a real nosedive this week? The scientist guy in particular feels like a rough draft of a character drawing.

I think I'm going to drop reading Blue Box since it doesn't really seem like anything is actually happening in it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

amigolupus posted:

It's weird. 9 Dragons is an okay sports manga, but I feel like the dad's volleyball chapters in High School Family somehow have more heart in it.

It is very funny how the volleyball stuff has just completely taken over the comic so that the other family members are basically side characters at this point.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Itty bitty Nico in Witch Watch was cute and the end of Me & Roboco was pretty sweet. Big oof at the art in JJK.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Witch Watch continues to be kind of sweet. I'm still a fan of tiny Nico being adorable.

Also kind of funny with the deliberate art style mismatch in Sakamoto Days between the ultraviolence and the goofy characters.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

For anyone not following the specific thread for it, Shonen Jump has announced that JJK is going on indefinite hiatus due Gege Akutami having health problems.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jerkface posted:

high school family was great this week too, heaps of Gabe!

Definitely laughed at the grandparents giving the mom 20 year out of date high school fashion.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lily Catts posted:

I read through 3/4ths of The Promised Neverland last week and really adore the softer, empathic shounen stories (I loved Kimetsu no Yaiba in particular). Anything else on Mangaplus/SJ that's in the running like that?

If you haven't read it yet you might like We Never Learn which is a completed series on the SJ app about a high school senior who is forced to tutor two classmates in order to get a scholarship. Its very low key without a lot of serious drama and is mainly characters helping each other out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its too bad about Bone Collector, I thought it had a neat premise and I liked the art.