Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
Just checked the counter, they're down under 10,000 orders remaining. Based in it being 3:00 in Texas right now and them having completed 750 orders so far today, I assume they get through 1,000 orders a day, so it looks like the next couple of weeks should do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Just got my shipping confirmation, looks like they're into people with 11 line items. Or if they're doing it by number of boxes, whatever the number of boxes with 2 vampires and 9 addons gets you.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Got mine yesterday. I didn't realize how many would need assembly- is Gorilla Glue fine for that, or is there some particular glue I should be using?

Also a bit disappointed by the clockwork dragon, partly because the concept art looked cooler and partly because I can't get the drat thing to stand up. I don't know if I need to use the hot water trick to readjust the legs or put a base on it or what.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Baby Sathanas posted:

I really hope Sophie shows up. She was basically a free-models token last time.

Which is probably why she isn't in this one; they must have come to regret letting people trade her in for $25 of good stuff.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

berzerkmonkey posted:

How do you pledge for more than one level?

Make a Kickstarter account with a different e-mail address. Connect it to the same Amazon account. You can then make two pledges to the same KS and still get charged off the same card.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
I wasn't sure if I was going to stick with this one since I haven't done anything with the bones I already have, but I need that gelatinous cube.

Paolomania posted:

With the raging success of the Bones line, how long do you think it will be before the other big mini manufacturers throw their hat in the budget-conscious-plastic-minis ring?

Other companies have tried mini Kickstarters since Bones, often in plastic, they just never do as well. I remember there being one company that tried to launch their plastic line twice after bones and failed both times.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Less than 50 wave 2 slots left, by the way.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

Water elementals and some crystal thingies.

Also the main graphics are back up on the main page.

Oh god drat it.

I should stop paying attention to this, it would be less annoying to bump up my pledge by large amounts a few times rather than $10 every time something I can't pass up shows up.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

I think they've got a good shot at breaking $1M on the first day. Have any other kickstarters done that?

Veronica Mars hit it in 4 hours. OUYA and Torment did it really quickly too: http://mashable.com/2013/03/13/veronica-mars-kickstarter-record/

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Well, if he's reselling them again, it may matter if he gets them before other resellers do. How many core sets do you think you're going to get this time, Captain?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Bad Munki posted:

Oh right, that whole thing. We don't even know if you'll be able to do that this time. Get multiple cores, I mean.

I suspect they'll post instructions on that once things start to die down a little, along with how to get things from the core set as add ons. People can make multiple accounts to grab multiple sets, might as well make it so they can add it on one account.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

radlum posted:

So I pledged 1 dollar, just in case (and because $100 is way beyond my kickstarter budget). Now, does that mean I can pledge whatever amount is needed for the additional things that are being revealed? As in, I can pledge $10 for the Water Elemental, and $10 for the Heroes and Villains, for a total of $21, right?

Correct.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Pierzak posted:

poo poo, it does look nice now and my miniature budget's exhausted... so is the reserve budget... And I'll be damned if I'm gonna borrow money for mandollies. If they are making it limited only, that's it, otherwise I'll get in wave #935 or something and get my minis right when I paint the first :v:

Remember that they don't charge you until the kickstarter ends, so you can pledge now to get in an earlier wave and cancel the pledge later if you decide it's not worth it.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

thespaceinvader posted:

Also, hooooly poo poo, it took what, three weeks to get to this stage last year? I'm assuming most of this is simply people re-upping from last year, rather than new business.

Yeah, with the first campaign it didn't really explode until it hit a critical mass with stretch goals that shifted it from ok or good deal to amazing deal. This time around, everyone expects it to be an amazing deal from the start so everyone's jumping in right away. I suspect it'll have the usual KS slump in the middle of the campaign rather than the steady growth and last week explosion like last time.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Reaper has confirmed that you can add more core sets by increasing your pledge by $100 per set:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-ii-the-return-of-mr-bones/comments?cursor=4481246#comment-4481245

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

thespaceinvader posted:

Out of interest, is there a way to get (spammed with) updates without pledging? Otherwise, I might chuck in a buck just to stay informed.

Pretty sure you have to pledge to get updates, just jump in at $1 and cancel before it ends if you're not going to get any models.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

JerryLee posted:

I like the models of the Egyptian expansion but assuming the mummies are human scale and everything else in the picture is to scale with those, then that's not a lot for $50 by Bones kickstarter standards. Maybe not even by Bones retail standards, though I don't know.

Then there's the fact that I'd effectively be paying $150 for it since I currently am not really sold on the core set.

Goddamn it Reaper. Make it easier for me to give you money.

If you don't like the core set you could switch to a $1 tier and effectively pay $51 for it. The core set is likely to improve more than the expansion set does by the end of the campaign, though.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

JerryLee posted:

Did they clarify that you could add 'expansions' to the $1 pledge level? I haven't seen anything explicitly to that effect and the wording "core set expansion" made it seem like it could only be used to, you know, expand upon the core set. I'd love to be shown wrong.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-ii-the-return-of-mr-bones/comments?cursor=4504535#comment-4504534

Reaper posted:

@Adam - Excellent question! If you pledge $50, you may select the Expansion. Thie expansion, like the core set, will grow over time, but the price never changes. When the project is over, everything in the Expansion is added to your reward for only $50. If you pledge $150, you could get the Core Set and the Expansion, or 2 Expansions and $50 worth of other options, or whatever.

You definitely don't need the Core Set to get Core Set Expansions.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

thespaceinvader posted:

Is the cost calculator up somewhere, or is this coming from comments/forums?

They posted a chart with their costs, and in comments they've said that 70% of the shipping cost covered 5000 ROW backers while 30% of the cost covered 13000 US backers. They lost money on some of the ROW backers.

I've been going back through their comments, and they mentioned that with 18000 backers they ended up making 1200 Sophies, about 1/3 of which were the naked variety. Really not surprising they decided to leave her out of this one.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Peas and Rice posted:

Also I know this will not happen but Kicktraq has this making $14,000,000 and change. :laugh:

That's nothing, it was trending towards $25 million before Kicktraq's new day started.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

PST posted:

breaking international postage laws about declaration.

What's this now? I thought they were pretty adamant about declaring things correctly.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

And yeah, the gap between stretch goals with this addition is $136k, and that's encouraging. Reaper really wants to make it reasonable to hit a stretch goal per day, or they're going to lose too much momentum.

According to Kicktraq, they got 559 new backers and $98.5k in new pledges yesterday. That's a steep drop from the 1525 new backers and $225k they got Wednesday, on day 2 of the kickstarter. They don't want to see another similar amount of drop-off today.

It's pretty early in the day and they have nearly a third of what they made yesterday, so it may well be working.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Bad Munki posted:

Yeah, I don't think any of the reports of people losing their spots have actually been confirmed. I wouldn't be at all surprised if those reports were just people trying to nab an earlier slot when they missed out.

That's been my assumption; just from a programming perspective, it doesn't make sense for them to remove your slot and then re-add it when you're done updating your pledge rather than just update your pledge and, if you changed your reward level, update that at the same time.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Indolent Bastard posted:

What the hell is a Tarrasque and why (other than it being a huge "mini") does everyone seem to care?

It's a traditional capstone D&D monster. High regeneration, ridiculous magic resistance and defenses, can only be killed by beating it far below 0 hp and using a wish on it. Every kid that plays D&D dreams of having his character beat one (or plays munchkin games and beats a bunch of them, despite there only being one per world).

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

AlternateAccount posted:

So I can just ride my $1 pledge to the end and then tack on everything I want after the fact, right? I am confused.

There are two things you can do with your $1 pledge: the first is keep it in the $1 pledge spot but manually change the amount you've pledged to the amount that covers what you want. Go in and change it to $35 if you want the dragon terrain set and nothing else, for instance.

The second is leave your pledge at $1 and add things after the campaign ends; they'll charge you when you confirm everything.

I suspect people doing the latter has seriously reduced the amount this kickstarter will hit, if the number of people in this thread saying they're doing that is any indication.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
I think everyone will agree that the next stretch goal is the best one yet:

Edit: Oh hey they just added another right after I posted that:

Sefer fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Oct 26, 2013

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Yeah, we just shot past that one. Looked one minute and we were a few hundred under, next minute we were $4k past it.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

I don't think we're going to get +$85k in the next four minutes.

They'll probably just give it to us anyway, though.

Indeed they did- they pretty much had to, since some people no doubt had already added it to their pledges.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

VoodooXT posted:

I spent way too much (I'll leave the number unrevealed for now). :smith:

Don't worry, it was almost certainly less than Captain Invictus spent.

Did you ever up it from a grand, Captain?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Fix posted:

Aw dammit, I put enough in for the dragons don't share, but then left the house and missed out on the Thank You Pack. Looks like some dope poo poo in there.

You'll be able to add it in later, they'll just charge you the difference.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
I got my notice about half an hour ago, and I'm in wave 2, for reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

Bah. My work schedule means I missed out on wave 1. Oh well!

Not going to invest much into this one after the switcheroo from last one resulting in me getting stuck with a bunch of stock I've had a hard time selling(Khanjira and Dragons Don't Share in particular).

Speaking of, I'm offering everything I have in stock from the Bones 2 KS for 25% off.

What was the switcheroo?

• Locked thread