Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

This was actually a lot more bearable than most of you made it out to be.
I just got mine and having never owned (let alone painted) miniatures before, this was such an incredible value. It also just motivated my DnD group to start back the campaign earlier then we planned. Now to head over to the painting megathread and figure out if I wanna try my hand at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

Imazul posted:

I just got mine and having never owned (let alone painted) miniatures before, this was such an incredible value. It also just motivated my DnD group to start back the campaign earlier then we planned. Now to head over to the painting megathread and figure out if I wanna try my hand at that.

So just to prove I wasn't full of poo poo. Here is my first painted mini ever (actually I ruined 2 other before that learning the basics).

So yes, it's full of mistakes, the color scheme is weird and inconsistent and it doesn't look anything like the tutorials I based off but god drat it looks better then all my other minis.

At least by the time I get through all my bones, I will be a pro painter.

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

Iris of Ether posted:

The nice thing about Bones is that the plastic is soft enough to let you remove anything you don't want easily. So now that I've verified that these things are back in stock, I'm going to go place an order now. :3:

This is awesome beyond words.

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

thespaceinvader posted:

My trip report is even on the areas where I managed to rub the primer off with my cackhanded attempts to pin my first mini to the Secret Weapon base I swapped in, it still took paint well - not quite as well as over the primer, but meh, it was OK. On which note, my first painted bone:

My second is Galladon, the !Gandalf with the giant hat and the scroll, and my trip report with him is that 5 minutes in the freezer made the superglue easy to pop apart, because there was no loving way I was going to manage to paint him with his head on...

I regret not making mine purple but I only have one shade of purple(for now) :(

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

I am in. I am happy they are doing paints again after finding out how expensive they can be, I won't skip on them this time.

E: Guess that gives me 11 months to paint all my Bones.

Imazul fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 1, 2013

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

As I am building my collection up of minis mainly to play DnD and other RPGs, I still think this is a crazy good value even with the extra 60$ shipping it will cost in Canada. I definitely cannot find minis for cheaper around here and I think getting a good varied set at the stage I am at beats mix and matching things I really like. So I will be buying pretty much one of everything here.

If anyone in Quebec wants some piecemeal we can most likely work something out and split shipping, I have a first wave slot.

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

Bucnasti posted:

People love dragons.

Sometimes they love them a bit too much.

If we ignore Kaladrax which was just a stupidly good deal in Bones 1, I do not even own one dragon.

Assuming I want one, which of the ones offered right now is the best deals? I am getting the 50$ expansion so I get I will get the silver one in that.

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

The Numenera figures are really good looking and yes I am getting the second core expansion only because of the Tardis looking thing.

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

Bad Munki posted:

Third expansion, not second. Just so you don't accidentally sign up for the wrong thing. :)

Thank you, I am getting confused by all those expansions, free addons, payed addons and tricks.

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

Let's be honest. Even if the value is still pretty good. I am really highly considering dropping to a 1$ pledge and getting the paints + one good looking big mini. The more they update, the less excited I get.

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

I am pretty happy they are giving a free fix but that small tree sure looks dumb to me.

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

Seems like I am not the only wave 1 Canadian person to not have gotten any emails/confirmation yet. I am not really worried but it would be nice to have some feedback.

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

JackMann posted:

Heads-up, Invictus. Khanjira and DDS 2 are going on sale on the 16th of this month, each about ten bucks cheaper than expected.

Khanjira is my favorite model by far. I thought Kaladrax was super hard to paint but I don't even know where to begin with this guy.

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

Yeah that Ma'aldrakar is huge and will probably take me a year to paint.

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

I did all 3 others bones Kickstarters, not like I can stop now...

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

That dire crab though.

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

I have like 20 Bones dragons and I can't even remember them making a small wyvern...

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

Didn't Reaper fire the guy? I thought he changed his employment status to have Reaper has a past employer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

Well guess this is costing me less money then I thought it would which is a good thing.

• Locked thread