Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
You can just use kobolds and similar small humanoids for Skaven as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Looking at the video I'm pretty satisfied with my choice to only get the basic box. I already have several drawers of unpainted minis from Bones I.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

I'm in wave 7, so clearly I have time enough to paint these hundreds of bones from Bones 1....

At least I've painted (and given away!) a couple of dozens of the original bones.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Danoss posted:

Khanjira and a couple of other bits were a little pricey to ship.

That killed it for me. I realized that for international shipping, pretty much everything except the core had a shipping cost on par with the actual cost of the minis, and even worse for the large stuff that were such a deal for US customers. So I just got the core and one or two small extra sets.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

I got my shipping message an hour ago (international, wave 6). Be careful to compare them with your initial pledge, I only ordered three items (Core Set, Beast mode, Oh Rats!), and according to the shipping message they stll missed the Oh Rats! set.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Now I'm curious if they'll continue with these kickstarters. I know they did the mecha kickstarter last year, but have anyone heard about a "real" Bones III?

E: Either way, Bones I+II and Dungeon Saga will make for a huuuuge dungeon crawl this autumn.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Bummer, my box was held up in customs, with a tax and extra transportation fee. So now I paid almost as much for getting the core box here as I paid for the core box, making it less of a great deal. :/

Seconding that the Bonesium is way harder this time, which is great. Even things like swords and staves are pretty rigid. Way better than before, I hope they switch material for all the Bones, also the old ones. Actually, they are so much better that I'm less bummed out by paying extra.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 25, 2015

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Got my bones, they're all awesome, feelin good. Doing a parts inspection now, but the Kraken loving rocks. Plastic on the boat is kinda soft and bendy though, I guess that's how bonesium is meant to be?

Bonesium ranges from super-soft and bendable (in my Bones II, the frog people are like this) to almost rigid. Discussions here are not agreeing on if there's a difference between Bones I and II, but my experience is that most minis are more rigid now.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

I want that mule and the chinese dragon-dog!

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Indolent Bastard posted:

Those are the only models from the core that I like. I figure on just buying them separately at a later date.

I'll probably do the same, the non-US shipping cost was high enough last time that I couldn't convince myself to buy anything but the core set.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Super 3 posted:

So jumping in at the $1 level gives me the option of upping it to the $100 full package when the pledge manager drops?

That's how the last two worked. I think I was only in for one dollar until the pledge manager last time.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

So they finally made an oriental dragon? Guess I'm in on this for the third time.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Ravendas posted:

Yeah it's not an oriental dragon. It's a behir as mentioned. See how many legs that thing has? It's like a non-flying centipede dragon.

It is still a oriental dragon with extra legs. Prutty cool imho.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

JackMann posted:

No, that's by Victoria Lamb. The clues we have for this thing are:

A goat.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

I actually think that the smaller minis are not as fun in bones as in hard plastic or metal. So my favourite bones are the slightly larger minis, especially the monsters. The owlbear from the first bones was great fun to paint, and I'm just finishing a dragon that was good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Ashcans posted:

New question about the existing Bones models!

I have been horribly bad about moving forward any of my actual miniature projects, and I want to try and kickstart myself with some random fun figures that I don't care about ruining. Anyone have recommendations from the Bones range already in production for figures that are cheap, characterful, and interesting to paint? I don't care about setting/theme at all, whatever might be inspiring works.

After painting a few, I'd say that it's more fun to paint big Bones models than small ones. The detail gets a bit annoying and won't come off as nicely as in hard plastic or metal on the smaller stuff IMHO. But I'm currently painting this troll, and it's a blast. I also really liked painting the Bugbear.

• Locked thread