Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
So here's a thing that popped up on Reaper's Facebook page. I'm torn. On the one hand, make your beliefs known with your wallet. On the other, I really like Bones.

http://imgur.com/a/LjxGH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Atlas Hugged posted:

Operations director at Reaper is a an alt-right Nazi sympathizer.

And he's the kind with the sort of laissez faire "man it's not like Nazi even means anything anymore, I'm just trolling anyway it's fun chill out those BLM folks are the real hate group" attitude. Just a good 'ol Texas boy. :(

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Judging by Reaper's Facebook page though, it's only going to benefit their sales. It's sad to be reminded of what kind of people I share this hobby with sometimes.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I guess now you guys know my twitter but hey, good news!

https://twitter.com/reapermini/status/897477291474903040

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I shared that album on their Facebook group and said I couldn't in good conscience buy the bones, yada yada yada. I unfollowed my post because no fuckin' way do I want the notification spam. I now have half a dozen "wants to connect with you on Messenger" notifications from strangers. Super excited to get yelled at by angry bigots on the internet, friends

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Indolent Bastard posted:

I can only imagine him fuming about his right to free speech and how all of the SJWs are unfairly ruining his life.

In reply on that post

Yup, that's what happened. The "Reds" are to blame.

There were a lot of cool paint jobs getting posted in the Reaper FB group, but now that I've seen how lovely many of those community members are I've had to leave the group. Like, I've always known that most of the other folks in this hobby were That Kind of white dude, but seeing it in action is pretty repugnant. I'm relatively satisfied with their handling. Their acknowledgement was well worded and came across as a sincere statement. I'm not one to demand the firing of the guy (although I certainly would commend them if they did). I get that office politics, or statutory requirements, or just the indispensability of an employee can preclude terminating them no matter how much you may want to.

I probably won't re-pledge though. I'll likely continue buying piecemeal when something strikes my fancy, as I don't feel like the one shithead represents the company values as a whole.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Yeah, I wish I could say that I'm surprised, but I'm just disappointed. Reaper's response was decent, but for many it doesn't go far enough. So instead of addressing that (admittedly minority) group, they fall back to just trying to make the bad noises go away.

And as far as business decisions go, that's probably the right one for them. Their market demographic really does largely agree with the lovely, lovely things said by their ops guy. While the company may value diversity and inclusion, their customers read those words and feel attacked and afraid.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
God damnit I really wish there was another company where I could just search a library of thousands of minis for poo poo like "kobold, two handed, female, knight" and find exactly what I need and have it on my desk to paint within like a week.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
From previous kickstarters, how long has it been before the new models show up for retail sale?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Atlas Hugged posted:

This is ultimately why I'm not going to write them off as a company. They make a product, I like the product, and if I refused to do business with any company that had questionable politics I'd be living off the grid eating would I could kill with my own two hands. But that doesn't mean I have to play their social media games.

Same, mostly. I'll purchase their retail goods, because the modern American political climate has forced us to accept that the racists are endemic within our society. The company at least didn't equivocate away what he said, denouncing it even if they didn't terminate him. They're the best game in town at what they do, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Terrible Opinions posted:

She made fun of a loser who wanted more boob heavy minis at one point.

I think that is literally the only personal anecdote I've ever heard about her.

this is both extremely cool and hilarious

• Locked thread