Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Ashcans posted:

You know how earlier I said I didn't care about being in wave 8 because after all this time a couple weeks couldn't matter?

I lied.

I think I'm Wave 5? Are all the waves the same size? I can't remember from the campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

I was in wave 5 and got mine last week.

The next KS will be june or july based on what they said?

Uh, what? They're still shipping out Wave 3 right now.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

In three days I'm getting over five pounds of minis.

. . .

I need more paint.

E: What (if anything) are you guys using to prime? I generally don't prime Bones because most primers I use create some kind of reaction with the plastic that makes it tacky forever, but being able to spray down a few dozen at once to get a nice even prime/basecoat would be great if possible. I...think I've had good luck with Vallejo brush-on primer in the past but I don't really remember (painting minis is never my most sober activity). I might try running that through my airbrush...hmmm...

Rockman Reserve fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jun 7, 2017

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Why did I think I needed so many lizardmen :psyduck: I ordered two extra Creepin Lizards packs, apparently, even though I actually have some lizardmen in bones already, enough for 99% of the kinds of encounters I run in my games. I want to say at one point I might have hosed with the pledge manager with the intention of getting into some kinda wargame but I have no idea what the wargame hotness du jour was when I ordered - what games would shitloads of lizards be good for?

I've also started re-reading the Frostgrave ruleset, because I've got space to set up a table or two for gaming and good lord do I ever have minis now. Anyone got pics of cool Bones-based Frostgrave warbands (not necessarily from Bones III KS) that they could share for inspiration before I go trawl the actual FG thread?

Also: a player in my D&D campaign is a half-sane warlock who thinks he's a priest to Shub Niggurauth. I ordered the mini really without paying much attention to the sculpt, because 1) I need bigger boss monsters and 2) even if I didn't end up using it I figured the player would have a laugh with it, whatever. But now that I have it in hand....that thing is huge and actually fits the aesthetic I'm pushing for in that aspect of the campaign so well that I'm going to bend the plot a little to make him encounter her sooner. It's just an incredible sculpt, it looks busy as hell like latter-day GW stuff but obviously with the couldn't-break-this-if-I-tried resiliency of Bones. Now I'm sitting here kinda wondering why everyone isn't making scrolls and robes and tentacles and other notoriously fragile bits out of whatever goop Bones is - I'd be saving a shitload of money in Battlefoam, that's for sure.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Were you perhaps thinking about making a Salamanders army for Kings of War?

This was probably it, how many lizards does one realistically need for KoW? I don't see a free Salamanders list on the site :(

Ashcans posted:

Yea, that was my thought too. Alternatively. You might have bought them because lizards are awesome and you can always use more.

Lizards are awesome. I'm already thinking about customizing a quartet as TMNT pastiches. I mean, I gotta practice kitbashing Bonesium stuff anyway now that I have all these random weapons.

This is seriously like one of the best KSes I've backed. I was just starting to get back into painting, and BAM, five pounds of minis.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Yeah, I decided to get a bit weird with it. My wizard is going to be the villainously androgynous lookin' Jean-Luc Picard looking spear dude who I have named Lucius von Trigger, with the spear modified into a sorta steampunky staff. His apprentice is Hungry Boy Billiam, the barefoot halfling cook from the Townsfolk Bones III (whose ladle is obviously sharpened and counts as a sword) - after all, it would be a foolish expedition to not bring along a decent cook. The half-orc looking Townsfolk with the treasure chest and barrels strapped to his back is a treasure hunter, the hero lady holding a scepter and potion is an apothecary, some random mook is an infantryman, and a noir-lookin' dude with pistols is a crossbowman (because von Trigger is a chronomancer, you see, and he really really likes a restaurant in 1930s Chicago where he met the guy.)

For treasure tokens I shoved some spare sprue weapons into some fake rocks and put 'em on bases, they look much better than I feel they should for the <20 mins of effort I put into them. Pics of everything when it's got at least a few highlights n such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

What do people use the Chronoscope stuff for? I'm always tempted to get some modern/scifi stuff but I really don't know that I'd get a ton of use out of them.

• Locked thread