Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Wouldn't Krylon spray paint be a good base then use something like Quick Shade from Army Painter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Since you asked so nice sure we can have this discussion again.

You can find the odd over the top sexist mini in the Reaper line, especially the Klockenbooty minis made by Werner Klocke. But even if some of these bother me, they are the exception and not the rule when it comes to Reaper female miniatures.

:nws: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/klockenbooty/sku-down/50084#detail/IG_908_1 :nws:

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 6, 2013

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

My only worry is that they sent my package and it got lost, so here I sit waiting for something that will never come.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

My only wish is that I could still modify my pledge. I'd swap the clockwork dragon for the zombie or skeleton dragon in a heart beat.

Not that I enjoy the waiting, but come on, it's miniatures not insulin!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

What was your profit per Vampire set?

I must say I'm amazed how you spun this into such a profitable venture. I wouldn't have thought enough people would be willing to buy them, but never underestimate the frenzy of nerds and their little plastic mans. (Also how did they miss the KS in the first place?)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

evenworse username posted:

BREAKING: Container ship loses load overboard in high seas west of California, nerds begin 40 day mourning period deep diving salvage mission.

Fixed that.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I'm a patient man, but I'm also a rabid nerd, so....WHERE IS MY poo poo? OK, I'm better now. (but I still want my stuff)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Bwha-ha-ha-ha!

Bitch and ye shall receive!

Reaper posted:

Hi there! We're shipping out your Kickstarter stuff!

You're getting:
C'thulhu x2
Forces of Nature x1
Clockwork Dragon x1
Figure Case x1
Undead Paint Set x1
Starter Paint Set x1
vampire x1

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

I bet I'm last! :v:

Oh hush, you line jumper; you already got yours and then sold them. :downsowned:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Mine is supposed to be waiting at home. Boss Monster should be Friday or early next week. When it rains it pours.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

moths posted:

I got a tracking number! I am much more excited about this than I should be.

Also it looks like a lot of the stuff I passed on didn't get much more expensive. But C'thulhu, Kaladrax, and Nethyrmaul all ballooned to a price I probably wouldn't get them at. (No real use for, but they'd be nice to have.) But I got them! Cheap!

Speaking of the price jump for the big dragons and C'thulhu, where are these listed?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Just in case there are more folks like Manifest who missed the KS then check out my SA Mart thread for Reaper Bones minis. The guy I was splitting the set with bailed, so his loss could be your gain, depending on what you were looking for.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3556962&highlight=#post416945878

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 28, 2013

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

What was the contact info for missing minis?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

Me. PM me all of your details and identifying information and I will see to it that Reaper ships them to me right away.

Quiet down you, or I'll do something unfortunate to your package I'm sending out today.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

berzerkmonkey posted:

Sat down last night to catalog everything and make sure my order wasn't missing any items - it took four hours and I'm still not done. It would have been nice if Reaper had somehow marked the little figure baggies with their stock numbers or something...

Good luck to you guys with multiple Vampire boxes. :smithicide:

Go to the Reaper KS page, take the Vampire mini picture list, open Photoshop (or equivalent), pick up a mini, find it on the list, cross it off by X-ing through its picture. It worked for me.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

berzerkmonkey posted:

After going through and counting everything, I think I have buyer's remorse. There is so much here that I will never, ever use...

So sell the lot of it and make $100.

Edit: Personally I'm sort of the same way; I got caught up in the hype and now have loads of minis I have no immediate use for. That said, between the paint, the figure case and the awesome Cthulhu model I can't get upset. I will also be using the 'not space marines' with my copy of space hulk that I bought sans-minis and lots of the fantsy figures will become Mordheim gangs. If nothing else use the minis as practice pieces that you can go hog wild on with new techniques and color pallets that you wouldn't risk on more expensive or beloved minis.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jul 3, 2013

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

berzerkmonkey posted:

Oh, I'm not upset, it's just that while I like some of the models (the not-Beholder is awesome) many of them don't do anything for me. I'd part out what I don't want, but it doesn't look like I'd get much of a return, judging by the stuff on Ebay. I'll most likely wind up keeping it all.

I think my remorse comes from the fact that I can't really do anything with them - I don't play RPGs and I have minis for the tabletop games I do play (and they are my painting priority.) Oh well, lesson learned - getting a lot of stuff does not equate to true happiness. :emo:

Do we have a trade/sale thread for Bones at all?

EDIT: Is there supposed to be a body on the altar in the Dungeon Dressing set? My bag was opened, so I don't know if I was missing something, or if they did an alternate bare altar top.

I think the body was left out of the Bone casting as I didn't get one for my altar either.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

moths posted:

I seem to be missing my Mr.Bones. I remember there were some problems with that one, is he getting mailed separately?

Mine was taped to the receipt.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

Here, have this, a thing I've been thinking about since the moment I discovered some of these bones were going to be translucent:

Neat; now give it back!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Psychic Fetus posted:

Is this the point where this goes from the anticipation thread/oh wait my poo poo's here thread and moves on up to the look what I'm doing with my mini loot thread! IE painting them/tips and tricks... Oaths... buy/sell/trades...

JUST SAYING...

More likely we should all just move over here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3210214

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

JerryLee posted:

Now I'm imagining some way to sell figures that are all crumpled up into an unrecognizable mass and you have to put them in hot water to figure out what you got, like a surprise! :neckbeard:

I think it's because I had these things when I was a kid that were similar, except they were made of sponge and compressed into these water-soluble capsules.

Not exactly what you described, but it looks like the new "stick it in water to reveal its mysteries" thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-q5Y0Zgun4

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Speaking of boiling, how boiling are we talking? Just starting to boil, rolling boil? Does anyone have a temperate range to shoot for?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

I have so many bones I've started throwing them out my car window as I drive around town. :smug:

Why not? They are cheaper than rocks.

:smugdog::respek::smuggo:

gently caress you, got mine. Bones crew 2013.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Quantumfate posted:

So, my FLGS had a bunch of the kickstarter bones for sale, and I grabbed a ton. But I made the mistake of priming a pack of kobolds I got. Am I hosed here or can I undo it without ruining the models?

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48669-bones-the-first-coat-is-the-difference/

I can only assume you should be able to use Super Clean Engine Degreaser, Simple Green, or equivalent to strip off the primer; as is frequently suggested here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3210214

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Fix posted:

Being cool.

But which one are you?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

This is what I got:

"To expedite your request, please go to https://www.reapermini.com/kickstarter and provide us with the sku# of the item in question and if it is a piece of the mini you need let us know which piece of that sku# to send you (for example: need left wing of 77192 Kaladrax)

We will need your KS order# and /or your email address you used for our Kickstarter to look up your rewards.

Thanks!"

For reference I'm in the US.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Fix posted:

gently caress. Yes. Bring it on.

You are too funny. Never change.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I have so many minis from the first Bones KS, I don't know about getting the Core Set this time around. The Add-ons only option is nice as so far I really like the mouslings and the kraken. I'm just worried that once the 500 "options only" tier is filled they won't have any more.

edit: Is that a big chunk of terrain they show in the video on the lower left?

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 1, 2013

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Pledge for both, remove the one you don't want at the end of the KS?

Can I do this? If so how?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

I dunno. I'd probably make an account for my wife and do it that way or something? Do you own two credit cards? I'm sure the system doesn't want you to do that, but it can be done anyway. Get your mom to pledge a dollar. Tell her it's for charity.

Good idea! I did that trick for the Toughest Girls KS before I pulled out entirely. I'll have to unearth one of my other KS accounts.

edit: and done! Used the same amazon account and credit card, just a different KS account and gmail account.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Oct 1, 2013

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I wonder if you called Reaper HQ right now if you could hear the screaming and cheering going on in the background?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Missed early bird and wave 2, but then when I went to confirm my wave 3 pledge, one person had backed out of wave 2 and I snuck in! Woo! :woop:

e/b: How many dozen sets are you ordering this time?

Still curious.

E: Can I just pledge $1,000,000 to see the stretch goals then back out? (I am kidding but I'd love to do it.)

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 1, 2013

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

bobvonunheil posted:

Goddammit my inbox is full of Bones emails. Why did I get in on the first wave :argh:

Those are some serious 1st world problems you've got right there.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

I'm pretty sure Reaper knows exactly which models everyone wants. Where the first campaign was a massive cudgel to the back of the head, I expect this to be a laser strike right through our collective skulls.

Remember, they have like two decades of sales data to tell them what's hot and what's not.

The where the hell are the squads and squads of robot-gorillas? (There was only 1 last time!)

e: It's nice that you are friends with the mentally disabled.
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 1, 2013

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Remember how 3.5 hours ago I was waffling about jumping in for the full core set? Yeah, that's over. I'm in.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

These core expansion sets look really bad so far. I'm not paying 50% extra for stretch goals.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

homullus posted:

The giants from Bones I (around the size of the big things in the expansion) are $8-10 retail, so yes, the expansion is already a good deal (the initial offering has 5 large minis plus smaller ones that will retail for less). It is cool if you (all, not just JerryLee) don't like those minis, but don't talk yourself into a bizarre alternate reality here: they're still a bargain at the price already (equivalent to the "$10 for two bigger things" +$ add-ons, easily less than retail), will be an even better bargain with the nigh-inevitable first expansion of the expansion, and will definitely be a good deal if it hits the second level.

So are you ok with +$ add-ons, but not ok with add-ons that also improve as the KS gets better funded? Or are you not ok with stretch goals in general that are +$ add-ons?

I don't mind stretch goals in general that are +$ add-ons. I don't like the +$50 expansions because they are just taking away from the core $100 level; even if I'm wrong it's what it feels like to me.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

JackMann posted:

Problem is, Indolent, that there's going to come a point where adding more minis to the core is going to start making them lose money. Don't think of this as taking away from the core level. It's just making sure that new minis are available. Like a mini Kickstarter within the Kickstarter. Yo dawg and so forth.

If you don't want the expansion, that's fine. But this makes sure that the minis will be available for purchase later on down the line.

While that is probably true, it still doesn't make me care. I want the core set to be outrageous, not just ok with a bunch of $50 upgrades that I can buy.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Peas and Rice posted:

So I ran a few numbers based on what's up on the Kickstarter page, because I'm a data junkie when it comes to my kickstarters. Note that these numbers don't include any of the Dungeon Dressings, which I don't care about, and the paints or the cases.

If you pledge the core and all the add-ons that aren't paint, cases, or terrain, right now you're looking at $294.
The core is 135 figs for $100, or $0.74 per fig.
If you go all in, you're paying $294 for 207 figs, or $1.42 per figure. That does include all the big dragons and whatnot.
The $50 core expansion is currently 25 figs for $50, or $2 a fig.

I'll keep updating these numbers as we go for my own personal edification, and can keep posting here if this is of interest to anyone.

Care to run the numbers of the first campaign through that analysis so we can compare?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

At $1.4M, people who pledged for the Core set finally get another freebie: five pretty cool looking armored bad guys!

"2 Hellknights (Orders of the Nail and the Scourge), Anti-Paladin, the Whispering Tyrant, and the Horned Hunter!"

Given Reaper pulled in $224k today, so if they do about the same tomorrow, we should see this one achieved right around the end of the day.

If we get one or two stretch goals per day, and about one in three or one in four apply to the core set, that's still between six and maybe fifteen or so additional blocks of items, which would make the $100 a really great deal.

On the other hand, I think we'll see a slowdown to more like $100k a day, while the gaps between stretch goals increase, so it'd entirely possible we'll see only three or four more additions to the core set by the last day; but then on the last day we should see a big push.

I'm still kind of on the fence. I'm hopeful, but if Reaper opens up one or two more $50 add-ons and starts splitting stretch goals evenly between them, the core set, and costs-money individual add-ons, we might not see the core set grow much more at all. I think that'd be a big mistake.

Glad to see that the core set hasn't been abandoned after the expansion sets were introduced; it was seriously a concern for me.

e:(I agree whole heartedly with the bolded bit.)

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Oct 3, 2013

• Locked thread